*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tonight I say Thomas is #1. Then the others. Brandon had an off night tonight shooting, but he is top 5 in my book. Donahoe was good, but a lackluster performance by HJ I thought.

Lazeek, that is why I put Brandon in the top 5. His on court smarts and keeping cool. Tonight was no indicator of his talent, but it is all some people will see of him.

Coach McCarter, you had us scouted perfect. Remove the ball from Brandon and force someone else to step up and beat you.

Good Luck to all in the playoffs.

I think its kinda tough to go off of one night for this award, but this is the performance that is the freshest in everyone's mind. Noone is even mentioning kids that weren't there last night. Seems as if anyone could have been hot last night and got player of the year. And yeah, Letsinger looked a little more like Lead-slinger last night. He didn't hit a three he attempted or any free throws. I've never said he deserves POY, but he is competing against a very tough few. Based on his performance throughout the year, its hard to deny him at least an honorable mention. I think he's more of an MVP than POY, most valuable player to his team.West Hardin would have a tough time doing what they do without him. When WO-S keyed in oh him and was able to shut him down to very few points, especially in the second half, it got ugly and sloppier for WH. Four out of five times he passed the ball off it eventually resulted in a turnover, or a missed/forced shot. So, once again, its hard for me to agree with folks who are giving this "award" who are saying stuff like, "based on the performance last night" or "after last night, there is no doubt" We're not even remembering all of the other awesome talent from schools that weren't even there last night.

The only player not there last night that would even be considered for POY would be Brown.  No you cannot go off just last nights performance to pick the POY!!!!  I know that Letsinger is better than we saw last night.  Whats sad as that Donahoe is better than we saw last night.  Too many TOs, missed shots, missed FTs....he rarely misses a FT.  I was truly impressed with Thomas.  In my mind he has the entire package.

When talking about Donahoe and Thomas, you are simply splitting hairs.  They both are incrediable players, but even better kids.  They both carry their respective teams, and are true floor leaders.  I have to say it has been more fun watching these 2 kids play over the last 3 seasons and you can't go wrong picking either one.

BTW, I know Letsinger had a bad game last night, but after watching him you can see the kid is a real ballplayer.  He controls the game similar to the way some of the top guards (Donahoe, Thomas, and Brown) do for their teams. 

Good luck to the SETX teams coming up in playoffs!!

I agree with Lazeek, I have seen a lot of teams play this year and it has to be between Thomas and Donahoe. Just remember that Donahoe is coming off from a broken nose and nasty concussion so he is still rusty. and I agree Brandon is MVP of his team he is an amazing athlete, but I think the speed of WOS had a lot to do with his #'s.

This is my opinion, (opinion only), I see yall saying Letsinger couldnt hang with players like Donahoe, but in my opinion Letsinger could hang because I really didnt think Donahoe was any better with the ball than letsinger, so my vote would go for Letsinger. and yes I have seen donahoe play.

This is my opinion, (opinion only), I see yall saying Letsinger couldnt hang with players like Donahoe, but in my opinion Letsinger could hang because I really didnt think Donahoe was any better with the ball than letsinger, so my vote would go for Letsinger. and yes I have seen donahoe play.

I will say this showing you complete respect.......YOU ARE CONFUSED MOM!!!!!  Donahoe is still playing with a bum knee, broken nose and a plastic mask.  He would run circles around Letsinger!!!  Letsinger is a great player, but he is not in the same league as Donahue, Thomas and Brown.

alright here are the facts... Letsinger drops only 12 on Earl Thomas yet Donahoe drops 38, yes 38 on Earl, Donahoe carried his team to a VICTORY against WOS 2 times, why cant Letsinger do that?

I'll refer to Coach McCarter's post on the WOS vs. WH thread. Both  are great players, but running the point guard position is not always about scoring points.

They are two different players. Donahoe may have advantages, but Letsinger is one of the smartest talents I have ever seen.

Tag Donahoe king or potentate or whatever. It won't bother Letsinger, he'll still be doing his 110% thing every game and I will take that any time. I know from what I have heard that Letsinger gives Donahoe all the credit he deserves, so have your opinion and let this rest.

We all have more important things to look forward to, trying to get to Austin!

Good luck.

I will say this showing you complete respect.......YOU ARE CONFUSED MOM!!!!!  Donahoe is still playing with a bum knee, broken nose and a plastic mask.  He would run circles around Letsinger!!!  Letsinger is a great player, but he is not in the same league as Donahue, Thomas and Brown.

i agree

And you know this how?  By watching one game.  Get real.  If Donahue is so dang good as all you HJ fans say, why hasnt he been offered yet?  Why isnt he ranked in state?  Brown and Thomas have been offered(both Juniors), and both are state ranked.

You HJ fans are amazing.

Guest neon_bodeau

He has been offered.......hasn't decided.

Lamar

SFA

Nicholls

San Francisco was at their warm-up game.

Has also received offers from these Juco's:

Panola

Angelina

McClenan Co.

Interest shown by:

Ole Miss

Marshall