Beaumont Central vs Houston C.E. King

Alpha Wolf

I noticed against PNG he never had many lanes to run in.  Never once did I think, uh oh, there he goes.  Watching teams with studs like Williams from King and Crosby, there is at least 3 or 4 times a game, I have that feeling.  Not being able to see the game film it's difficult to break down.  Part of that could be the inability to throw the ball though.  

We have some pretty good receivers to throw to, but we'll need more than hitch passes to keep the defense honest...  

All I will say is that I received a text and then a phone call straight from the source...it won't be the 1st time that wrong info is posted on the Internet :)

Plus the 15th is on Sunday...the Jags are good but not good enough to take tv time from the Texans,  maybe the Cowboys but not the Texans...:)

The date has been corrected on the website 

Besides QB play, I feel we have a better team this year than last year.  The defense is definitely in my opinion better all around.  The offense is about the same with the exception of Jaquet.  Jaquet was able to make up for some deficiencies in the offense which made it pretty explosive.  All in all, if the Jags come out and play there best game and the coaching staff does proper scouting and film study, I feel as though we can prevent the sweep of 22-5A...

Jaguars 27

Panthers 24

I have a feeling Coach Foreman gets his first playoff victory.  I think Crosby laid out the blue print defensively to get it done.  I'm quite sure Coach Locke is going to follow it to the T.  Jags should be at 100% health wise.  The record wasn't pretty but we are in, now it's 1 game at a time, win and play on, loose and go home...

I have a feeling Coach Foreman gets his first playoff victory.  I think Crosby laid out the blue print defensively to get it done.  I'm quite sure Coach Locke is going to follow it to the T.  Jags should be at 100% health wise.  The record wasn't pretty but we are in, now it's 1 game at a time, win and play on, loose and go home...

...I know we will compete defensively, but my concern is the offense...  An offense that is prone to putting our defense in precarious situations....

Where are all the King posters from last year?  Man they were all over this board when King was 10-0.  Boyzinblue where you at?

They should be here...  Even though they've lost 1 more game than last year, they're still good, and they should be here to talk up their teams...  UNLESS...  they're looking looking past us...

Some on here are making comparisons with the 2008 Jags and the 2015 Jags. The one comparison that has not been made is probably the biggest factor in teams making deep runs and that is the bracket. There is a big difference between (2008) North Forest, Lockhart, Angleton, and Friendswood compared to possibly CE King, FB Elkins, Hou Stratford, and George Ranch! There was also many returning starters on the Jags 2008 team. I believe the jags this year had 7 back and one of those season was ended before he played one snap. I also remember some of the same folks complaining about the same things which is the offense being one dimensional and having no passing game. SMH at the Jaguar Faithful!

Some on here are making comparisons with the 2008 Jags and the 2015 Jags. The one comparison that has not been made is probably the biggest factor in teams making deep runs and that is the bracket. There is a big difference between (2008) North Forest, Lockhart, Angleton, and Friendswood compared to possibly CE King, FB Elkins, Hou Stratford, and George Ranch! There was also many returning starters on the Jags 2008 team. I believe the jags this year had 7 back and one of those season was ended before he played one snap. I also remember some of the same folks complaining about the same things which is the offense being one dimensional and having no passing game. SMH at the Jaguar Faithful!

I wasn't one.  We had results.  We moved the ball and rarely turned the ball over.  I was completely ok with the 2008 wishbone.   But this year, the we have the personnel to run that kind of offense, but we line up in shotgut with 5 o-linemen that sometimes has issues at run blocking....  2008, I don't think I've seen a player get tackled behind the line of scrimmage...  This year, RB's have to dance in the backfield to avoid being tackled.  

If Trayveon is healthy I think King will pull this one out.If Central thinks they can run up the middle like Crosby did,they'll be surprised.The coaches will make some adjustments and Central does not have an o-line like Crosby.I'll be there to root for my old high school,hoping for a playoff run.If King's numbers push them to 6A next year,they will not be able to compete with 6A schools.This graduating class will leave the cupboard empty.King 28 - 17.