Beaumont Central vs Houston C.E. King

Alpha Wolf

Centrals homepage have them playing on nov.15 and not that thursday can someone please verify or could the homepage be wrong... 

All I will say is that I received a text and then a phone call straight from the source...it won't be the 1st time that wrong info is posted on the Internet :)

Plus the 15th is on Sunday...the Jags are good but not good enough to take tv time from the Texans,  maybe the Cowboys but not the Texans...:)

Edited by Jag Insider

Just a sidenote...  The Jags are on tap to finish #3 in the district.  It was a 3rd place Central  team 7 years ago that is in the history books that went the farthest in the playoffs and was 1 blown play away from the state simis....  

These teams mirror each other.  Played not so good early, pretty good defense, athletic, strong running game.  Game manager qb (not a playmaker qb) . Now, Boudreaux, 2008 (Richards).  Even the RB comparison is uncannily similar. This year, Whaley and Foster = 2008 Thomas and Daw/O'neal .  

Not saying it will play out like then because of the most obvious difference which ultimately will probably be our downfall.  

Edited by BMTSoulja1

Incorrect info

Central won the flip and chose Thursday night @ Pearland.  C.E. King choice was Friday night @ Channelview.

You are correct that King wanted to play at Channelview, 18 minutes from their school, that wasn't going to happen.  Central coaching staff had Pasadena Veterans Memorial Stadium reserved, not Pearland so you go figure...

Just a sidenote...  The Jags are on tap to finish #3 in the district.  It was a 3rd place Central  team 7 years ago that is in the history books that went the farthest in the playoffs and was 1 blown play away from the state simis....  

These teams mirror each other.  Played not so good early, pretty good defense, athletic, strong running game.  Game manager qb (not a playmaker qb) . Now, Boudreaux, 2008 (Richards).  Even the RB comparison is uncannily similar. This year, Whaley and Foster = 2008 Thomas and Daw/O'neal .  

Not saying it will play out like then because of the most obvious difference which ultimately will probably be our downfall.  

Alot differant coach 7 yrs ago,at qb Central really misses M Jacquet,PJ Locke.Disagree teams don't mirror ea other.Edges are no go vs King & Brantley is the most accurate passer last 2 yrs w/5 ints.Can extend plays & beat you w/his legs.Add King has the twice best rb in 21-5a, is 18-3 over 2 yrs w/Crosby(King win last yr)this week.Coaching=D Price turned a no discipline team into a monster,smh BH ran him out(mistake)atheletic 1-4 yrs=same w/Gage-the pass(rumor he gone w/his state champ rings)

You are correct that King wanted to play at Channelview, 18 minutes from their school, that wasn't going to happen.  Central coaching staff had Pasadena Veterans Memorial Stadium reserved, not Pearland so you go figure...

Channelview might only be 18 minutes but Veterans memorial probably isn't even 10 mins further for King. Why not play right off I-10 at Maddry which is going to probably end up being an hour closer for Central fans during rush hour? If you're worried about King having an advantage why would you reserve a stadium less than 5 miles from the one you played at last year?  

If Central had Pasadena and King had Channelview- how did the game end up at Pearland?

Price offered to flip home and home- so the game could have easily been at the Butch. Personally, I would preferred any of the choices ( Pasadena, Channelview or either home stadium ) to driving to Pearland on a THURSDAY night. 

Channelview might only be 18 minutes but Veterans memorial probably isn't even 10 mins further for King. Why not play right off I-10 at Maddry which is going to probably end up being an hour closer for Central fans during rush hour? If you're worried about King having an advantage why would you reserve a stadium less than 5 miles from the one you played at last year?  

Hey I wouldnt have cared where they played as long as they didn't play at Kings home field.   The traffic isn't going to matter because only the real die hard Jag fans as myself will be making the trip.  Thursday night and a team that blew them out last year, I don't see a lot of fan support this week...

If Central had Pasadena and King had Channelview- how did the game end up at Pearland?

Price offered to flip home and home- so the game could have easily been at the Butch. Personally, I would preferred any of the choices ( Pasadena, Channelview or either home stadium ) to driving to Pearland on a THURSDAY night. 

All i know is that I got a phone call last night stating that neither coach wanted to risk the home and home.  So Foreman reserved the Pasadena stadium and Price reserved the Pearland stadium.  So you go talk to Price because I already talked to my coach.

The game is set.  So at this point what does it matter?  I get off at 2, so I'll be there...

I know Central turned it over 4 times against PNG, they also turned it over 3 times. It has to be a little concerning to only gain 219 yards and score 7 points on them. I see Boudreaux was 9-18 with two picks and Whaley could only manage 4.4ypc on a defense that could only be described as slow when compared to King. What's even more concerning is that Central allowed Kropper to rush for 120 yards, Krautz rushed for 231 yards, Rhodes rushed for 177 yards and Ozen totaled 450 even with all the turnovers. I don't think Central has crossed the 400 total yards mark the entire season?

With King, Central will face the best qb/rb duo they've seen all year and will need to consistently move the ball to limit their possessions. Central's offense hasn't shown the propensity to do that this year. I just don't think Central's offense is going to be able keep pace with the big plays King will repeatedly hit.

Hey I wouldnt have cared where they played as long as they didn't play at Kings home field.   The traffic isn't going to matter because only the real die hard Jag fans as myself will be making the trip.  Thursday night and a team that blew them out last year, I don't see a lot of fan support this week...

maybe 20 fans for central....maybe

I know Central turned it over 4 times against PNG, they also turned it over 3 times. It has to be a little concerning to only gain 219 yards and score 7 points on them. I see Boudreaux was 9-18 with two picks and Whaley could only manage 4.4ypc on a defense that could only be described as slow when compared to King. What's even more concerning is that Central allowed Kropper to rush for 120 yards, Krautz rushed for 231 yards, Rhodes rushed for 177 yards and Ozen totaled 450 even with all the turnovers. I don't think Central has crossed the 400 total yards mark the entire season?

With King, Central will face the best qb/rb duo they've seen all year and will need to consistently move the ball to limit their possessions. Central's offense hasn't shown the propensity to do that this year. I just don't think Central's offense is going to be able keep pace with the big plays King will repeatedly hit.

...but our defense as a whole is better.  We have kept offenses for the most part under 300 yards offensive output.  The problem is when our offense has 3 and outs and constantly keeps our defense on the field.  We need  long and sustaining drives.  we have the personnel to do it, but when your playbook is so predictable and so limited, even a pop Warner defense can prepare for it.  If we go all out and keep drives going and score points, especially when making it in the red zone, we can play with king.  If we can come out of halftime with the adjustment for the adjustment, we can play with king.  I'm just waiting for the switch to go off on our staff and players.  It happened in 2008 when things didn't look so good going into the playoffs. Just hope that something or someone can light a fire under our coaching staff and player's arse and remind them to have pride and this same team ran them off the field last year.   

Major underdogs I see.  And that's a doggone shame.  We have just as many athletes as King...  I hope our coaching staff looks at this as a big time challenge.  King will put Williams in the best position to hurt us...  Why can't we do the same with Whaley?  Can we put 1 complete game together and keep the throttle on for a full 40 minutes?

Major underdogs I see.  And that's a doggone shame.  We have just as many athletes as King...  I hope our coaching staff looks at this as a big time challenge.  King will put Williams in the best position to hurt us...  Why can't we do the same with Whaley?  Can we put 1 complete game together and keep the throttle on for a full 40 minutes?

no. 

Yall fixed that rat problem in the gym yet? Serious question, not joking. 

I noticed against PNG he never had many lanes to run in.  Never once did I think, uh oh, there he goes.  Watching teams with studs like Williams from King and Crosby, there is at least 3 or 4 times a game, I have that feeling.  Not being able to see the game film it's difficult to break down.  Part of that could be the inability to throw the ball though.