Beaumont Central vs Houston C.E. King

Alpha Wolf

The Beaumont Central Jaguars and the Houston C.E. King Panthers will square off next Thursday at 7 pm. at "The Rig" in Pearland.  The Jaguars are currently 4-5 (4-2) and the Panthers 8-1 (6-0). 

So in order to get to the playoff venue, one school has to drive pass the other school? That makes logical sense. Even better being a Thursday night in South Houston.

So in order to get to the playoff venue, one school has to drive pass the other school? That makes logical sense. Even better being a Thursday night in South Houston.

Well if you look at all 4 games, the game locations favor the #1 seeds.  CE King is located off of Beltway 8 North, yes a shorter drive for them.  The winner of this game more than likely will be able to go scout their next opponent live, that's the reason for the Thursday game...

Well if you look at all 4 games, the game locations favor the #1 seeds.  CE King is located off of Beltway 8 North, yes a shorter drive for them.  The winner of this game more than likely will be able to go scout their next opponent live, that's the reason for the Thursday game...

I get the Thursday night, I just meant traffic. I do not know all the stadiums, but there are plenty closer that would make more sense. I was thinking Galena Park or one similar in Pasadena or La Porte? Pearland just seems way out of the way.

Edited by RaiderRed30

gonna have to leave very early for this one. 

I get the Thursday night, I just meant traffic. I do not know all the stadiums, but there are plenty closer that would make more sense. I was thinking Galena Park or one similar in Pasadena or La Porte? Pearland just seems way out of the way.

Yea i'll probably get on the road at 4 for a trip that should only take an hour and a half.  I feel you about the closer stadiums, I was hoping for Stallworth myself...

Just was told that the coaches chose not to flip for a home and home and the risk of playing at the other teams home stadium.  King won the coin tosses so they chose the location and date.  If we would have won it would have been a little  loser and on Friday or Saturday...

Port Lavaca made us drive to San Antonio to play them. I actually think that's a good strategy of that indeed what his intentions were. I would imagine there's somewhere close to 60 playoff games in the area bi-district weekend, may not have had that many choices?

Port Lavaca made us drive to San Antonio to play them. I actually think that's a good strategy of that indeed what his intentions were. I would imagine there's somewhere close to 60 playoff games in the area bi-district weekend, may not have had that many choices?

I understand that aspect. For Calhoun that made perfect sense, since they are used to playing in San Antonio for the playoffs and it was on a Saturday. I have even seen Pampa lose a flip and be forced to play a Thanksgiving Friday Night game in Euless (Maybe the farthest a team has had to travel in a home and home flip). Those are smart moves. What confused me was that fact this is a Thursday night game. Even for C.E. King it will be difficult to get off of work and make it there by 7:00 for a 7:30 start. No matter where the game is in Houston, they have an advantage over Beaumont. Pearland and 288 is just a monster to try to deal with. The idea of location is not baffling, but the location with the date is.