Kirbyville @ East Chambers THURSDAY 11-5-15

Speedkills

This type of game is what you live for as a coach and a player.  You know all week that you have to be on point or the other team will gain an advantage.  No matter the outcome of this game, both teams have had very respectable seasons, but this game will serve as a tune-up for the playoff run that each of them will encounter.  I would rather be playing a game that meant something in week 11 and not have a let down going into the playoffs the next week. Good luck to both teams, coaching staffs, bands, drill teams, etc as you get ready to partake in a great game with an electric atmosphere.

This type of game is what you live for as a coach and a player.  You know all week that you have to be on point or the other team will gain an advantage.  No matter the outcome of this game, both teams have had very respectable seasons, but this game will serve as a tune-up for the playoff run that each of them will encounter.  I would rather be playing a game that meant something in week 11 and not have a let down going into the playoffs the next week. Good luck to both teams, coaching staffs, bands, drill teams, etc as you get ready to partake in a great game with an electric atmosphere.

Definitely what you live for in southeast Texas. Especially when none of us go more than 2-3 rounds deep for the last 50 years.

Kirbyville has made a run in the past, but they won't advance further than 3 rounds this year. EC = the same as every year.

Definitely what you live for in southeast Texas. Especially when none of us go more than 2-3 rounds deep for the last 50 years.

Kirbyville has made a run in the past, but they won't advance further than 3 rounds this year. EC = the same as every year.

Atleast they will have a chance to make a run after this week instead of bouncing basketballs

Coach started airing up y'all's  round balls yet? I'll play 3 extra weeks of football every year, and a part of the problem with "only" going 3 deep is that it's usually a loss to the state champs, but Hardin wouldn't no anything about that kind if competition!!

Who asked for credibility. I said Kirbyville made a run. But, that's in the past. The future is now and nobody is going more than 3 rounds deep.

I'm from Carthage where we win state championships. Yea, I live in Moss Hill, now and support Hardin but I could care less about making the playoffs, or going 3 rounds deep

like you guys. How does that leave you satisfied? Somebody made the comment, yeah we go 3 rounds and then get knocked out by the state champ, NO you do not. You

have been eliminated before by a state champ, but you "most often" are eliminated by the area champ and the area champ is then eliminated by somebody from east

Texas/DFW and or Waco area. You should do your research. What does it matter if we get our basketballs aired up now, or you do in 3 weeks? Congratulations,

you are the 10th best team in the State. You all want a participation trophy don't you?  Keep it coming, you are helping my argument.

State Championships: Hardin 0

State Championships : EC 0

How about Kirbyville? Do we really need to have this argument?

Kirbyville will win tonight and EC will limp into the playoffs after everybody from southeast Texas has been saying all year that they are the real deal.

Sutherland told Stark this year "If we don't make a push this year, we are in a pickle for a long time". That comes directly from your AD's mouth.

Don't let him down, EC faithful. He's got NO HOPE in your future after this year.

Edited by MossHill2

So what is your point in even playing the game if you are not even worried about making the playoffs. And going three rounds deep in this region is a successful season, Yoe is the 3 time defending state champs, so no it isn't just the "Area champs". If you look back on EC's seasons and who they were knocked out by, are some very talented teams who went on to win more games. Honestly your argument is about one if the most ignorant arguments I've seen since keeping up with this site. If you are happy that you are getting an extra 3 weeks of basketball in, then congrats on a good season, but usually EC makes up those 3 weeks at the end of the season when it really counts!!

State Championships: Hardin 0

State Championships : EC 0

How about Kirbyville? Do we really need to have this argument?

Kirbyville will win tonight and EC will limp into the playoffs after everybody from southeast Texas has been saying all year that they are the real deal.

Sutherland told Stark this year "If we don't make a push this year, we are in a pickle for a long time". That comes directly from your AD's mouth.

Don't let him down, EC faithful. He's got NO HOPE in your future after this year.

I know I've spoke directly to Suthrrland numerous of occasions, and I haven't  seen an EC coach more excited about a future than he is. I don't know if you have not seen the freshman and eighth-grade group from East Chambers, but they are the real deal! An no matter what you say about our coach we are behind him 100% and he is behind us 100%!!!