Nederland 35 Beaumont Central 20/Final

WOSgrad

Krautz is the best all purpose back in the district, period!  He can hurt you in so many ways. By the way on that 73 yrs TD run, yes he out ran Centrals linebacker, then the DB that had the angle from the weak side. If we had a draft and I had first pick of anyone in the district.   He's my first pick, just saying. 

The CB didn't have the angle.  Was out of position.  The LB was the closest to him and had the hottest pursuit.  Nonetheless I knew when he got the. That no one would catch him because we were drawn to the inside...  And that's how it turned out.  Just sayin.

The CB didn't have the angle.  Was out of position.  The LB was the closest to him and had the hottest pursuit.  Nonetheless I knew when he got the. That no one would catch him because we were drawn to the inside...  And that's how it turned out.  Just sayin.

The backside pursuit CB was in the EXACT position he was supposed to be, he simply did not have the speed to run Krautz down.  I put this comment in the same category as the one where you said Central played with three D Lineman in the second half... wish we could have some replay of the game.

lmbo...game film of the play anyone? 

Glad BIG SHOW can be objective, yes Krautz outran the corner who had the angle and pulled away, kids has game speed.  Seems like he runs however fast he needs to run... can't time that

Y'all killing me...  Amazing though.  I asked Nederland fans, 'that kids good.  Does he have any d-1 offers yet'?  I kept getting no's and I don't knows.  That means that he haven't garnered a lot of attention yet (kid is a senior) or he's chit as good as y'all thin he is (college recruits aspects)

Do get me wrong, I have a new found repect for the young man.  He is good.  And I'll know for sure who's the best all round player once I see Ozen's Tyler play one more time and I see those PN-G receivers in action...

Come on Soulja... just give props without qualifiers.. Like the only reason he got around the corners was because of holding.  Really????

No, I'm saying...  I never seen a game where a player got around the corner often and not ONE holding penalty called...  Not one all night.  But, there was a huge run by Whaley that was called back where he ran around the edge.  It was 1 call, but 0 on the around the edge plays for Big Ned.  This is a fact.  If you look at the tape, look at the right or left tackle AND the reciever.  They block good, but they didn't block good each and every time.  

Had had a discussion last night with some people around us about bands playing during action...i don't see how Central's band had any breath left even by halftime...but it continues all game.  Yes Nederland did it too but I think it may have been a little more in response to Central that just playing in general.  At the 2013 SFA vs Lamar game the SFA band was playing as Lamar lined up for a game winning field goal and the band was given a warning but could have been assessed a 15 yard penalty...only time I've ever seen anything like that called.  I looked up the UIL rule and they abide by the NCAA rule (which they do a lot of) and it reads:

[qoute]Guidelines for Bands at Football Games. UIL Football games are conducted under NCAA Rules. As it relates to when a band may play during the game, the NCAA Football Rule Book states:

Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (NCAA Rule 1-1-6 and UIL Rule 9-2-1-b-5).

PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot [S7 and S27]. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall be disqualified [S47].

To assist with compliance, consider the following procedures:

• Have the band stop playing from the time the Offense (of either team) breaks the huddle until the ball is snapped.

• Or, in the case of Offenses that do not huddle, have the band stop playing from the time the Center on Offense is over the ball until the ball is snapped. 

This may necessitate creating shorter versions of some music, as is common practice with college bands. A drum line playing throughout the game generally does not prohibit a team from hearing its signals – use your discretion.

Although most officials do warn a band prior to calling a penalty, they are not required to do so.

Just curious if any Central fan has seen this called against them?

Gotta love the backhanded compliments. Got a beat down and it was bad. Whether it was coaching, angles, wet field, refs, weather, it was what it was. I know it's hard to swallow after reading the prediction post, but that makes it better. Coulda should woulda, didn't happen. Central got beat by a better team. 

No, I gave a straight up compliment and props.  I also gave observation.  these observations were made by a non biased standpoint.  

Y'all killing me...  Amazing though.  I asked Nederland fans, 'that kids good.  Does he have any d-1 offers yet'?  I kept getting no's and I don't knows.  That means that he haven't garnered a lot of attention yet (kid is a senior) or he's chit as good as y'all thin he is (college recruits aspects)

Do get me wrong, I have a new found repect for the young man.  He is good.  And I'll know for sure who's the best all round player once I see Ozen's Tyler play one more time and I see those PN-G receivers in action...

That's where I think most scouts make there mistakes in recruiting kids. They look at there 40 time and size, when they should be looking at how a kid performs on the field.  Krautz want blow you away with his 40, it's probably 4.58 or 4.6 but can flat out play the game. I personally would pick him up as a slot receiver. JMO...

The backside pursuit CB was in the EXACT position he was supposed to be, he simply did not have the speed to run Krautz down.  I put this comment in the same category as the one where you said Central played with three D Lineman in the second half... wish we could have some replay of the game.

Central did go to 3 linemen in the second half...vanother fact.  We all saw that...

That's where I think most scouts make there mistakes in recruiting kids. They look at there 40 time and size, when they should be looking at how a kid performs on the field.  Krautz want blow you away with his 40, it's probably 4.58 or 4.6 but can flat out play the game. I personally would pick him up as a slot receiver. JMO...

In my opinion they are scouts for a reason and know what to look for. Being a good D1 recruit and being a good High School football player are two different things. And the difference is speed and size. Because in D1 it's the best of the best. Just because someone can outrun a high school defense doesn't mean they would have a chance of doing that in college.

For example, Cody Hussey in 2007 was the best high school running back I've ever watched... But he was undersized and didn't get any big time offers that I know of and ended up playing for Lamar. Still something to be proud of! But it goes to show that you've got to be big, fast, and strong to play D1...

Had had a discussion last night with some people around us about bands playing during action...i don't see how Central's band had any breath left even by halftime...but it continues all game.  Yes Nederland did it too but I think it may have been a little more in response to Central that just playing in general.  At the 2013 SFA vs Lamar game the SFA band was playing as Lamar lined up for a game winning field goal and the band was given a warning but could have been assessed a 15 yard penalty...only time I've ever seen anything like that called.  I looked up the UIL rule and they abide by the NCAA rule (which they do a lot of) and it reads:

[qoute]Guidelines for Bands at Football Games. UIL Football games are conducted under NCAA Rules. As it relates to when a band may play during the game, the NCAA Football Rule Book states:

Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (NCAA Rule 1-1-6 and UIL Rule 9-2-1-b-5).

PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot [S7 and S27]. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall be disqualified [S47].

To assist with compliance, consider the following procedures:

• Have the band stop playing from the time the Offense (of either team) breaks the huddle until the ball is snapped.

• Or, in the case of Offenses that do not huddle, have the band stop playing from the time the Center on Offense is over the ball until the ball is snapped. 

This may necessitate creating shorter versions of some music, as is common practice with college bands. A drum line playing throughout the game generally does not prohibit a team from hearing its signals – use your discretion.

Although most officials do warn a band prior to calling a penalty, they are not required to do so.

Just curious if any Central fan has seen this called against them?

Never.  But I don't have a problem with any band playing during an injury.  Our band did that and was scolded by the Refs, like they vwere supposed to...

Great post, and I agree.  Players should be gauged on their ability to play.

I think Emmit Smith was around a 4.6 and a little small. Seemed to work out alright for him to. Also how fast is a kid in pads as opposed to a tshiirt and shorts. Krautz is a baller period.

Wow, anything to take the sting out of getting it handed to you.....Krautz "only" outran a LB.  Well, from all the predictions of speed an athleticism on Centrals team, they should have had someone come out of the pack and run him down. There was a CB or safety that had an angle on him but could not close either. Best thing to do is damn Krautz with faint praise. Been reading lots of that on here. You  know, "yeah Krautz is great but"...........

5 years straight and counting, maybe more, and still we overcome superior speed and athleticism. Ill take my concrete feet players who work hard and play hard over any primadonnas who think they are the only ones on the field.

In my opinion they are scouts for a reason and know what to look for. Being a good D1 recruit and being a good High School football player are two different things. And the difference is speed and size. Because in D1 it's the best of the best. Just because someone can outrun a high school defense doesn't mean they would have a chance of doing that in college.

For example, Cody Hussey in 2007 was the best high school running back I've ever watched... But he was undersized and didn't get any big time offers that I know of and ended up playing for Lamar. Still something to be proud of! But it goes to show that you've got to be big, fast, and strong to play D1...

I can't disagree with you but they do make mistakes. For example the kid from Nederland that went to UT. I think his last name was Johnson. He had the size and speed but didn't workout, Tony Brown is another that comes to mind. The kid was top ranked just based on his 40 speed but the kid can't tackle. I'm sure there is several more that fall under that same situation.  It has to be a tough job to be a recruit but when the ones that don't workout they can look at there coach and say he ran a 4.4 and has size. Perhaps that's what keeps there jobs. 

Wow, anything to take the sting out of getting it handed to you.....Krautz "only" outran a LB.  Well, from all the predictions of speed an athleticism on Centrals team, they should have had someone come out of the pack and run him down. There was a CB or safety that had an angle on him but could not close either. Best thing to do is damn Krautz with faint praise. Been reading lots of that on here. You  know, "yeah Krautz is great but"...........

5 years straight and counting, maybe more, and still we overcome superior speed and athleticism. Ill take my concrete feet players who work hard and play hard over any primadonnas who think they are the only ones on the field.

I saw hard nosed football players last night.  I saw no Primadonnas on either side.  Where did you see these at?

I can't disagree with you but they do make mistakes. For example the kid from Nederland that went to UT. I think his last name was Johnson. He had the size and speed but didn't workout, Tony Brown is another that comes to mind. The kid was top ranked just based on his 40 speed but the kid can't tackle. I'm sure there is several more that fall under that same situation.  It has to be a tough job to be a recruit but when the ones that don't workout they can look at there coach and say he ran a 4.4 and has size. Perhaps that's what keeps there jobs. 

Yeah I'm sure there has been a LOT of potentially good players overlooked due to being undersized or too slow, and also a lot of ones who were over recruited just based off of those things as you said. It goes both ways. It's pretty much a gamble. But it's the same thing going from college to pro. How many stud college players did absolutely nothing in the pros.. Since you mentioned UT, Vince Young comes to mind when I think of that lol same with Matt Leinart.. It's a lot different when you take the next step up. It happens from HS to college, and college to pro level.