Nederland 35 Beaumont Central 20/Final

WOSgrad

Had had a discussion last night with some people around us about bands playing during action...i don't see how Central's band had any breath left even by halftime...but it continues all game.  Yes Nederland did it too but I think it may have been a little more in response to Central that just playing in general.  At the 2013 SFA vs Lamar game the SFA band was playing as Lamar lined up for a game winning field goal and the band was given a warning but could have been assessed a 15 yard penalty...only time I've ever seen anything like that called.  I looked up the UIL rule and they abide by the NCAA rule (which they do a lot of) and it reads:

[qoute]Guidelines for Bands at Football Games. UIL Football games are conducted under NCAA Rules. As it relates to when a band may play during the game, the NCAA Football Rule Book states:

Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (NCAA Rule 1-1-6 and UIL Rule 9-2-1-b-5).

PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot [S7 and S27]. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules. Flagrant offenders, if players or substitutes, shall be disqualified [S47].

To assist with compliance, consider the following procedures:

• Have the band stop playing from the time the Offense (of either team) breaks the huddle until the ball is snapped.

• Or, in the case of Offenses that do not huddle, have the band stop playing from the time the Center on Offense is over the ball until the ball is snapped. 

This may necessitate creating shorter versions of some music, as is common practice with college bands. A drum line playing throughout the game generally does not prohibit a team from hearing its signals – use your discretion.

Although most officials do warn a band prior to calling a penalty, they are not required to do so.

Just curious if any Central fan has seen this called against them?

dumb and stupid rule. it's highschool!!

Gotta love the backhanded compliments. Got a beat down and it was bad. Whether it was coaching, angles, wet field, refs, weather, it was what it was. I know it's hard to swallow after reading the prediction post, but that makes it better. Coulda should woulda, didn't happen. Central got beat by a better team. 

TRUE NOW GO BEAT PNG ---

BULLDOGS RULE!

YOUR TAIL GATE WILL BE STRONG FOR YEARS BECAUSE YOUR SYSTEM PLAYERS WILL BE THERE TALKING ABOUT BEATING CENTRAL ,BY THE WAY WE WILL BE AT BIG 12 GAME AND SEC  WATCHING OUR PLAYERS  AND SOME ON SUNDAYS SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT YOU WILL NEVER BE A PA OR BMT -- WITH PLAYERS == SO LEAVE IT ALONE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COACH IS GOOD THE BEST IN THE AREA BUT ASK HIM WHAT HE THINKS LOL== BEAUMONT HOME OF THE PROS ! MATCH THAT !!!

TRUE NOW GO BEAT PNG ---

BULLDOGS RULE!

YOUR TAIL GATE WILL BE STRONG FOR YEARS BECAUSE YOUR SYSTEM PLAYERS WILL BE THERE TALKING ABOUT BEATING CENTRAL ,BY THE WAY WE WILL BE AT BIG 12 GAME AND SEC  WATCHING OUR PLAYERS  AND SOME ON SUNDAYS SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT YOU WILL NEVER BE A PA OR BMT -- WITH PLAYERS == SO LEAVE IT ALONE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COACH IS GOOD THE BEST IN THE AREA BUT ASK HIM WHAT HE THINKS LOL== BEAUMONT HOME OF THE PROS ! MATCH THAT !!!

Beaumont is home of the pros, and Nederland is home to a team that's known year in and year out to be competitive. So Beaumont creates good players that go pro, while Nederland creates good teams that win games each and every year??  From your post that's what it looks like to me! Are we rooting for our teams to do good, or for individual players?

Beaumont is home of the pros, and Nederland is home to a team that's known year in and year out to be competitive. So Beaumont creates good players that go pro, while Nederland creates good teams that win games each and every year??  From your post that's what it looks like to me! Are we rooting for our teams to do good, or for individual players?

That would make them primadonnas.

I guess Central can lose every game and call it success if one player makes it pro. How come them pros can't beat us?

I guess you could compare successful athletes from beaumont to successful people from nederland. So you go ahead and watch your 3 peoe play on Saturdays and then less than that on Sunday. If you wanna get insulted by truth then you don't need to run your big mouth on a message board

MORE THEN THREE LOL, YOU'RE STATING OUR KIDS QUIT-- YOUR TEAM WON AND PLAYED A GOOD A GAME THEY ALSO DID GOOD LAST WEEK VS OZEN - BUT YOU'RE CALLING KIDS QUITTER  --- LIKE I SAID YOUR TAIL GATE WILL BE STRONG FOR YEARS  LOL

MORE THEN THREE LOL, YOU'RE STATING OUR KIDS QUIT-- YOUR TEAM WON AND PLAYED A GOOD A GAME THEY ALSO DID GOOD LAST WEEK VS OZEN - BUT YOU'RE CALLING KIDS QUITTER  --- LIKE I SAID YOUR TAIL GATE WILL BE STRONG FOR YEARS  LOL

I agree.  No one in maroon and gray quit.  Even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see that...

That would make them primadonnas.

I guess Central can lose every game and call it success if one player makes it pro. How come them pros can't beat us?

SO WHERE IS YOUR ONE PLAYER OR ANY PLAYER IN THE PROS AND I STATED THAT BECAUSE YOUR FRIEND STATED OUR PLAYERS QUIT  (ON THE MCM SITE)- WHEN DID THEY QUIT YOUR TEAM WON THE GAME AND YOUR TEAM IS ALWAYS WELL COACH -  SO WHY SAY OUR KIDS QUIT WHEN THEY TRYED TO WIN YOUR TEAM WAS THE BETTER TEAM LAST NIGHT BUT OUR KIDS CAREERS OR NOT OVER SO WHY BRING THEM DOWN ON WHO IS BETTER AND KRAUTZ IS ONE OF THE BEST BACKS I HAVE SEEN AND YOUR DEFENSE IS MUCH BETTER THEN I PROJECTED THEM TO BE--I JUST HAD A PROBLEM WITH THAT STATEMENT ABOUT MY SON BEING A QUITER AND THE OTHER KIDS I KNOW HE WANTED TO WIN AND HAS WORKED HARD ALL SUMMER AND YEAR . 

GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS  FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON YOU HAVE A GOOD PROGRAM -- 

PS

FOR THE RECORD MY SON CAN PLAY FOR NEWMAN ANY TIME , WELL SECOND CHOICE WE'VE JAG JAGS LOL

L-TRAIN YOUR TEAM IS BETTER BUT YOU WILL SEE THE DOGS AND VIDOR AND GCM SO DON'T JUMP IN YET LOL

FIRST ITS ABOUT MY KID AND NO OTHER KID GETTING HURT THEN ITS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME THE TEAM AND PERSON IS ONE , THE KID WAS NOT MADE FOR THE GAME THE GAME WAS MADE FOR THE KIDS. GOD , FAMILY AND TEAM ---AND IF YOU SAY THE TEAM IS FAMILY TRUE BUT UNDER GOD THERE IS NO TEAM JUST A WORLD FAMILY 

GREAT GAME AND I ENJOY THIS SITE 

L-TRAIN YOUR TEAM IS BETTER BUT YOU WILL SEE THE DOGS AND VIDOR AND GCM SO DON'T JUMP IN YET LOL

FIRST ITS ABOUT MY KID AND NO OTHER KID GETTING HURT THEN ITS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME THE TEAM AND PERSON IS ONE , THE KID WAS NOT MADE FOR THE GAME THE GAME WAS MADE FOR THE KIDS. GOD , FAMILY AND TEAM ---AND IF YOU SAY THE TEAM IS FAMILY TRUE BUT UNDER GOD THERE IS NO TEAM JUST A WORLD FAMILY 

GREAT GAME AND I ENJOY THIS SITE 

I can agree with you there!

No one is putting down any young man that goes on to play college ball or even better to make it to the pros, but this is not about that, we are talking about Friday night lights...high school football, It's about a Nederland team that beat a Central team, it was a complete team effort with a super effort from Austin K. Soulja you shouldn't be so hard on your linebacker he probably has a faster 40 than Austin does anyway.

Why is it that every time Nederland beats Central or Ozen, it's always because Central and Ozen got "out coached"?  The reason Nederland won both of those game is because Nederland has better high school FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!  And a better football team!!!!  End of story.  

Edited by Gtj007

Why is it when Nederland beats Central or Ozen, it's always because Central and Ozen got "out coached"?  The reason Nederland won both of those game is because Nederland has better high school FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!  And a better football team!!!!  End of story.  

Were you at the game?  Central was up 13 - 7 with a TD they left on the field and looked poised to finish the job at halftime.  second half, no adjustments were made (Nederland made their adjustments) and you see Nederland reeled off 28 second half points....    What else do you call it?  Our coaches got lost with their 5 play playbook while Nederland seem to make every play like they were going against the practice squad on both sides of the ball, even got their playmakers to make plays....  Our playmakers were bogged down.  it's the coach's job to get the players in positions to make plays.  

Were you at the game?  Central was up 13 - 7 with a TD they left on the field and looked poised to finish the job at halftime.  second half, no adjustments were made (Nederland made their adjustments) and you see Nederland reeled off 28 second half points....    What else do you call it?  Our coaches got lost with their 5 play playbook while Nederland seem to make every play like they were going against the practice squad on both sides of the ball, even got their playmakers to make plays....  Our playmakers were bogged down.  it's the coach's job to get the players in positions to make plays.  

feels like last yr all over again