Ozen at Vidor (Homecoming) predictions

Offense isn't the problem, we can't stop anyone. Hoping the kids understand they have to maintain their defensive assignment. Must be very disciplined, something Ozen really has to work on. There will be limited possessions due to the Ball controlled offense Vidor has, but I think we will be fine as long as we can continue to score & hopefully win the turnover battle.

TO's will be the Factor.     JMO

Offense isn't the problem, we can't stop anyone. Hoping the kids understand they have to maintain their defensive assignment. Must be very disciplined, something Ozen really has to work on. There will be limited possessions due to the Ball controlled offense Vidor has, but I think we will be fine as long as we can continue to score & hopefully win the turnover battle.

TO's will be the Factor.     JMO

Exactly why I say it's a bad match up for us.

I've seen a couple of Vidor games since they started this Slot T.   Embarrassed to tell you how many times I was watching the wrong RB. May just be my old eyes aren't that good.  But if it's difficult for us fans, it's got to be a problem for the defensive players.  I think a well disciplined defense, like Ned, is what will give Vidor the most problems.  If Ozens D stays home, it'll be very close.  If they "take the bait", Vidor will score a bunch. 

Hey I watched the Ned -Vidor game and had the same problem and I was sitting up high where I could see.  There were several times I lost track of the ball carrier so don't feel bad.  That is the nature of the O they run and what makes it work well against defenses that don't play their assignments.

Ozen never turned it over vs Lumberton. Did they vs Nederland? 

And, it pains me to say this, Vidor fumbled on Ned's 22 yd line with min & a half to play.  Not sure if there were more.  Read only one against Lee, so they're improving.  

Only two HC games?  Ain't bad.  When Vidor was going thru several   O-10 seasons, every away game was HC.  Heck, seems like I remember a couple of away scrimmages where they held HC lol

Heck I can remember back in our Coach Law days and fans were chanting "up the middle, up the middle, pass, punt!!" Those were the longest...games...EVER!  Then when Murphy took over and my brother played, we were 5a (which is now 6a) and holy jesus those boys were HUGE!

Ozen could care less after two losses. They hate playing on grass. They hate playing outside the Butch. They hate going to Vidor. This will be an epic beat down. Vidor will dominate from the opening kickoff and Ozen will develop phantom injuries at an amazing rate.

Vidor 63

Ozen 13

They took the defending co-district champs to the wire and lost by a score and will only manage 13 points in a blowout with a rb that's averaging almost 10 ypc?  C'mon, now.  Nederland is the same team that Vidor battled with and just came up short.  Sounds like a good game in the making here....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

Ozen could care less after two losses. They hate playing on grass. They hate playing outside the Butch. They hate going to Vidor. This will be an epic beat down. Vidor will dominate from the opening kickoff and Ozen will develop phantom injuries at an amazing rate.

Vidor 63

Ozen 13

if they (Ozen) develop "Lumberton Syndrome" with some turnovers maybe……… stats aint won them the last two games. 

I see a great game here . Both teams backs against the wall , lot of speed , lotta power , fast enough to run the other one down on D . + Homecoming --just a great high school football game between two worthy opponents  . Both teams have turnover problems so execution probably picks a winner ? And it could very well look like a basketball score ! This might be the best fans game of the week !  But again could be 10/7 or 7-0 . Pick Vidor home coming advantage !

I see a great game here . Both teams backs against the wall , lot of speed , lotta power , fast enough to run the other one down on D . + Homecoming --just a great high school football game between two worthy opponents  . Both teams have turnover problems so execution probably picks a winner ? And it could very well look like a basketball score ! This might be the best fans game of the week !  But again could be 10/7 or 7-0 . Pick Vidor home coming advantage !

^^^^^^This

Great descriptive post of what should turn out to be a great game.