Beaumont Central 28 Lumberton 21/Final

WOSgrad

Ya know.  I was really befuddled at this post as in listening to the entire game.  I found Mike and Gabe to be very level in their commentary especially considering that this was mentioned earlier in the week that this would be a Lumberton Raider broadcast. 

Why is that?  Another entity broadcasts BISD home games.  Today, that entity felt so deeply about broadcasting Central's homecoming game that it is reported that they did not show up to broadcast today.  Although after listening to this entity "broadcast" an earlier Central game, I have to assure you that their absence today, if it was as reported, was merciful.

Then I read the post again and something clicked.  I saw that you named the stadium "the Butch Stadium." There is only one place I have ever heard the stadium referred by this as no other media, radio, TV print or social, uses this phrase as they recognize that the name of the stadium is The Carroll A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center. Or in the alternative, they use the simple phrase "The Butch."  My friend, you are a representative of the entity that usually broadcasts those BISD home games, aren't you?

Now, if I am mistaken in my belief, I do apologize.  But in the event I am right, I'll tell 'ya what I am going to do.  For the next Central home game, I will take the unprecedented step of creating a broadcast thread for that game.  I will even go so far as putting the link that folks here can go to in order to listen for themselves the type of quality sports programming that the entity you represent has to offer.

Good day.

ditto.  You know, I've listened to Mike do many Silsbee games (try to find a bigger Silsbee fan) and honestly, if he didn't make periodic announcements about Tiger football or Tiger basketball, you really wouldn't know most of the time it was a Silsbee broadcast.  I didn't listen to the game today but I would be shocked if it was as one sided as stated earlier ITT. 

Ya know.  I was really befuddled at this post as in listening to the entire game.  I found Mike and Gabe to be very level in their commentary especially considering that this was mentioned earlier in the week that this would be a Lumberton Raider broadcast. 

Why is that?  Another entity broadcasts BISD home games.  Today, that entity felt so deeply about broadcasting Central's homecoming game that it is reported that they did not show up to broadcast today.  Although after listening to this entity "broadcast" an earlier Central game, I have to assure you that their absence today, if it was as reported, was merciful.

Then I read the post again and something clicked.  I saw that you named the stadium "the Butch Stadium." There is only one place I have ever heard the stadium referred by this as no other media, radio, TV print or social, uses this phrase as they recognize that the name of the stadium is The Carroll A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center. Or in the alternative, they use the simple phrase "The Butch."  My friend, you are a representative of the entity that usually broadcasts those BISD home games, aren't you?

Now, if I am mistaken in my belief, I do apologize.  But in the event I am right, I'll tell 'ya what I am going to do.  For the next Central home game, I will take the unprecedented step of creating a broadcast thread for that game.  I will even go so far as putting the link that folks here can go to in order to listen for themselves the type of quality sports programming that the entity you represent has to offer.

Good day.

Actually what I noticed later in the game, and this was not knowing the broadcast was paid for by LTown supporters, was that Mike and Gabe kept talking about how Central would be doing even better if they kapt feeding the ball to Whaley. I assumed it was a Beaumont broadcast as it sounded like more rooting for the Jags.

Congrats to Central on the win. Jags made one more play than we did today. Two incredible TD catches by Delvin Bennett [sp?] .  That kid is a mismatch for most DBs. Whaley is a beast. Look forward to watching him at the next level(s).  Raiders will study the film and be better because of this game today. Good luck Jags on the rest of district. 

The fact is, Gabe and I were not "rooting" for neither team. We were just pointing out the facts of the game and giving our opinions on those facts. We were "rooting" for a good game, which we received.

Yeah I know that. I really appreciated the broadcast, there would have been only one thing that would have been better and that's if I could have actually been at the game.

Congrats to Central on the win. Jags made one more play than we did today. Two incredible TD catches by Delvin Bennett [sp?] .  That kid is a mismatch for most DBs. Whaley is a beast. Look forward to watching him at the next level(s).  Raiders will study the film and be better because of this game today. Good luck Jags on the rest of district. 

Bennett is 6'5" and athletic.  Yes a basketball boy...

For you people who don't like what I say, "It's ok." A crybaby I am not, especially to someone too afraid enough to list their own gender on the site. I'm fed up is what I am. I gave my honest opinion of the officiating and commentating.

"Right now, I definitely see Central and Lumberton in the playoffs. But honestly, scoring 83 points is a little scary."

Good day.

You can go out of your way if you want to, but you don't have to because I have never been associated with any broadcasting networks.

I am no longer affiliated with BISD. I've stated my opinions and no those haven't changed. I am a 409 native and the 409 fan.

Lastly, "The Butch" is just way more convenient than saying "The Carroll A. Butch Thomas Educational Support Center".

I talked to someone that was sitting with his mom while they were checking him out and they said it looks like he dislocated his knee cap. Broke my heart seeing him cry! 

Dr Isabel from beaumont bone and joint was on the sidelines and feels pretty certain the acl is in tact. He believes the kneecap came out of place and immediately back into place when he took the helmet to the knee. MRI Monday will give the full story. Praying he makes a quick, full recovery. He's a great kid on and off the field /court. They tried to get him to go home and get started on meds but he refused to leave his teammates. He's a big part of Lumberton's offense, all district tight end last year as a junior, and will be missed but hopefully only for a short time.