Beaumont Central 28 Lumberton 21/Final

WOSgrad

This is just absurd. I was able to listen to the broadcast for pretty much the entire 4th quarter. To say this game was played in Beaumont at the Butch Stadium and also Central's homecoming, THESE COMMENTATORS WERE ONE SIDED. So many times we have school like Central getting dissed like this in an indirect manner. I heard more about stats on Lumberton players than I did Central players. I hear about how many yards the Lumberton player earned, who he was, who his blocker was, etc. But Central doesn't get the same type of respect. The only thing they got credit for I heard was the no call on the horse collar.  It really does seem like these controversial area refs are out to get some schools. It's been going on since I've been in school over ten years ago. That's why I love the way that teams like Central win even when the odds and calls are stacked against them. It makes it that much sweeter baby! Great game Raiders and Jags. Your players played their butts off 

what a crybaby 

WAY TO FIGHT BOYS!!! Just like we were chanting.... WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!

And Central took out 3 of our starters 2 in the first half and 1 in the 3rd quarter and we still were in it till the end! 

THE L TRAIN IS BACK! These boys have fight in them

This is just absurd. I was able to listen to the broadcast for pretty much the entire 4th quarter. To say this game was played in Beaumont at the Butch Stadium and also Central's homecoming, THESE COMMENTATORS WERE ONE SIDED. So many times we have school like Central getting dissed like this in an indirect manner. I heard more about stats on Lumberton players than I did Central players. I hear about how many yards the Lumberton player earned, who he was, who his blocker was, etc. But Central doesn't get the same type of respect. The only thing they got credit for I heard was the no call on the horse collar.  It really does seem like these controversial area refs are out to get some schools. It's been going on since I've been in school over ten years ago. That's why I love the way that teams like Central win even when the odds and calls are stacked against them. It makes it that much sweeter baby! Great game Raiders and Jags. Your players played their butts off 

If you listened to the one on here it was said on the show Wednesday that it WOULD be a Lumberton broadcast because central had already doing theirs or something 

FYI, this was a Lumberton broadcast paid for by Lumberton sponsors. BISD has their own broadcast entity, KOLE 1340 AM. They did not show up to do game today for some reason.

BTW, we gave stats for both teams.

OK good game to both teams and like I said give it to the beast. First of all Lumberton you guys played well considering 90% of the plays goes to Rhodes (hope spelled correctly), and the other to TE. I really put this game being over to Coach. That last drive time management cost the Raiders the game. I say that because your punter  never kicked the ball more than 25 yards, so his time management then short punt cost this game.

Edited by MAYFIELD

slowed  down, I wouldn't say to derailed.....

it took everything central had to beat them ...... So either Lumberton is very good or Lumberton is bad and central barely kept up ......which is a big Ford?

Lumberton is ok...This game shouldn't have been this close.  Jags played a good first half and a horrible second half.  After watching the Raiders, they are in my predictions to make the playoffs...

Great game! Lumberton had plenty of chances to win and didn't do it! #12 for central is unstoppable and has some good character. Good luck to him! Maybe now after that Lumberton will actually have some respect?? A game that could have went either way, in the end we got out talented on that last pass.

Much respect for the Raiders...

Lumberton is ok...This game shouldn't have been this close.  Jags played a good first half and a horrible second half.  After watching the Raiders, they are in my predictions to make the playoffs...

I think we stepped it up on defense a lot in seconds half, but y'all did have several costly penalties that helped us as well. Then yalls defense made some big stops too. After we tied the game we had about 3 chances to score to take the lead and y'all shut us down. Definitely a good game. A loss is a loss, but losses like that really suck! Lol

Whenever you listen to local commentary, that's what you are going to get.  Homers for one of the teas playing. 

WAY TO FIGHT BOYS!!! Just like we were chanting.... WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!

And Central took out 3 of our starters 2 in the first half and 1 in the 3rd quarter and we still were in it till the end! 

THE L TRAIN IS BACK! These boys have fight in them

We were laying the wood.  I hope all are ok.  Raidergirl, I'm pulling for the Raiders to beat the Indians!  You heard it hear first!

My honest assessment is this: Mid County Madness will determine the DC.. 

I cant quite see either of those teams making the playoffs.. However, with Whaley, I think Central would have the better chance... Lumberton looks a tad better than last year, and Central not as good as last year. Central does have some speed. Lumberton not so much.. If Vidor keeps pounding the rock they should have a shot at possibly the 3 spot. GCM in my opinion will win a few district games.... Central pulled it off in the end, but honestly, it shouldn't have had to come down to that.... Lumberton played hard, but lost a few key players. I think the big tight end is the key receiver. I will give their coach credit, he has them playing inspired football... But Central let them stay in the game with a ton of penalties and some questionable play calling.. But as I've said before, these are all opinions and you still have to play the games on Fridays to get the outcome.. And anything can happen...

I liked the headgear....  But probably not a good idea in the middle of the day with that reflection.  Lol

And I noticed Hopkins at LB.  he made some nice plays as well...

As an insider, you will only see those helmets for 2 more games...against the Bulldogs and the Panther.

Hopkins may have found his home...

Edited by Big Ford