Central Jags @ GCM Pats

BMTSoulja1

Hey Buddy shouldn't you be on that Memorial vs Channelview thread?  You better hope Kenny Ray has a plan to prevent 82 points from being put on them...

nope, I posted my thoughts on that game already, and they would probably try to put 82 on yall. Thx. 

But on the real, significant starters are set to return.  We still have the best rusher in the district and I think when it's said and done, our defense will be the best too.  Like I said before, if the 4 play playbook is expanded, we'll be ok.  My sources tell me that our kids and coaches have been putting in work since the Summer Creek loss.  We'll get this win....

Whaley may be the highest rated but Calvin Tyler is probably the best running back in that district. 100 more rushing yards on less carries and a higher ypc average.

Didn't Central also have the best defense in the district last year before King dropped 55 on them in three quarters? Unless they draw Humble in the first round Central will get house-ruled out of the playoffs again, if they get in.

Whaley may be the highest rated but Calvin Tyler is probably the best running back in that district. 100 more rushing yards on less carries and a higher ypc average.

Didn't Central also have the best defense in the district last year before King dropped 55 on them in three quarters? Unless they draw Humble in the first round Central will get house-ruled out of the playoffs again, if they get in.

Our defense this year is a lot better.  Better tackling and harder hitting.  We won't be getting blown out by anyone this year...  And if our offense clicks, we'll be winning a lot of games...  Not good news for y'all or King, because I'd like our chances if we can actually start putting up offensive points.  Tyler from Ozen is good, but benifits greatly from an improved Ozen offensive line. If Whiney had the same offensive line blocking, he'd double those numbers. Whaley is faster and bigger.  runs when Tyler is pulled down with 1 arm, Whaley would flatten or drag defenders with him.  I figured you'd know that.

I think this is going to be defensive battle. GCM's defense is playing much better than last year, but the offense is down so far. They did show flashes though against LCM. I liked what I saw with the two headed pass/run QB combo. If they can mix it up a little more and keep the defense guessing and get a little more consistency in the passing game I believe they win.

GCM 14

Central 12

Ive got to be realistic here, We gave up almost 30 to LCM, and barely scraped by with a W, Our offense has not been in a groove or found consistency all year. Central will be returning a cpl difference makers, and quite frankly GCM doesnt have enough difference makers to win this game.  i wholeheartedly want the pats to win, and Ill be on the sideline cheerin my butt off, but when it comes down to it, it aint the Xs and Os, its the larrys and Joes, and centrals larrys and Joes are better than ours.  

Central 28

GCM 17

Ive got to be realistic here, We gave up almost 30 to LCM, and barely scraped by with a W, Our offense has not been in a groove or found consistency all year. Central will be returning a cpl difference makers, and quite frankly GCM doesnt have enough difference makers to win this game.  i wholeheartedly want the pats to win, and Ill be on the sideline cheerin my butt off, but when it comes down to it, it aint the Xs and Os, its the larrys and Joes, and centrals larrys and Joes are better than ours.

Central 28

GCM 17

You just had to go and harsh on my buzz man. You're probably right though. I just prefer to see the glass half full.......then empty, then full, then half full again........

Our defense this year is a lot better.  Better tackling and harder hitting.  We won't be getting blown out by anyone this year...  And if our offense clicks, we'll be winning a lot of games...  Not good news for y'all or King, because I'd like our chances if we can actually start putting up offensive points.  Tyler from Ozen is good, but benifits greatly from an improved Ozen offensive line. If Whiney had the same offensive line blocking, he'd double those numbers. Whaley is faster and bigger.  runs when Tyler is pulled down with 1 arm, Whaley would flatten or drag defenders with him.  I figured you'd know that.

Well, Whaley is faster and bigger than Tray Williams and Williams would've dwarfed his numbers with all things being equal. Whaley is bigger and faster than Walter and he would have also dwarfed those numbers with all things being equal. Same for Demarcus Smith last year, you get my drift? I've watched pretty all the film there is on Whaley, he wouldn't be a top 10 or 15 back in Houston. He drags people in 21-5A, he ain't dragging anybody over here. Tyler's has suddenness with his movements and probably twice the vision Whaley does.

I doubt Central could give King or Crosby any problems even if you do figure out a way to score. I told you last year your personnel is average compared to what we see over here and this year it's not as good as last season. Central would be doing well to finish 6th over here.

Well, Whaley is faster and bigger than Tray Williams and Williams would've dwarfed his numbers with all things being equal. Whaley is bigger and faster than Walter and he would have also dwarfed those numbers with all things being equal. Same for Demarcus Smith last year, you get my drift? I've watched pretty all the film there is on Whaley, he wouldn't be a top 10 or 15 back in Houston. He drags people in 21-5A, he ain't dragging anybody over here. Tyler's has suddenness with his movements and probably twice the vision Whaley does.

I doubt Central could give King or Crosby any problems even if you do figure out a way to score. I told you last year your personnel is average compared to what we see over here and this year it's not as good as last season. Central would be doing well to finish 6th over here.

Did Tyler finish wivmore rushing yards last year?  And just for the record, Wiliams, Walter, or Grace wouldn't do squat with a horrible o-line.  They'd have to dodge tackles before they were even handed or pitched the ball.  Thank those big nasties.  And btw, a mixture of horrible play calling and horrible blocking vs the the complete opposite  happened when Central played King. Had Whaley had any of thatbgokd blocking, with his speed and size, he'd have very big numbers, just like the rest of those other guys...

This is definitely a must win for Central to get their confidence up. They had a very tough schedule facing three 6A teams, and I'll take your words on it that some key players will be back. That's why I have the Jags winning this game by ten. Goose Creek is going to be better than they were last year, and that's why I believe they'll be in the playoffs. And I will be in the building to watch this one because it'll be a good one!

Did Tyler finish wivmore rushing yards last year?  And just for the record, Wiliams, Walter, or Grace wouldn't do squat with a horrible o-line.  They'd have to dodge tackles before they were even handed or pitched the ball.  Thank those big nasties.  And btw, a mixture of horrible play calling and horrible blocking vs the the complete opposite  happened when Central played King. Had Whaley had any of thatbgokd blocking, with his speed and size, he'd have very big numbers, just like the rest of those other guys...

Lol, Tyler's numbers were better than Whaley's as a sophomore. Whaley had 1305 on 182 carries last year in 11 games as a junior. Tyler already has over 500 yards on 54 carries as junior. 

I saw Whaley play against King, you can blame the o-line all you want but there's yards left on the field that he doesn't pick up that other back will/do. 

Williams and Walter are/were excellent at dodging tackles in the backfield by the way. 

In the game vs. Central last year, Williams didn't get touched until he was at the second level.  He didn't have to dodge, truck, or drag anyone in the backfield like Whaley has to do everyday.  But I do see your point.  All of those guys have better rb instinct than Whaley.

All I was saying is that Whaley is more scheme specific than the other guys are, doesn't mean any will have more success in college if Whaley is in the right system. In high school playing running back is about getting the ball and changing the complexity of the game. If you have time check out film on a kid named Earnest Davis from Elsik. Similar size, nowhere near as athletic as Whaley but more effective due to vision.

All I was saying is that Whaley is more scheme specific than the other guys are, doesn't mean any will have more success in college if Whaley is in the right system. In high school playing running back is about getting the ball and changing the complexity of the game. If you have time check out film on a kid named Earnest Davis from Elsik. Similar size, nowhere near as athletic as Whaley but more effective due to vision.

I have explained that before on here, matter of fact specifically to Soulja and others before the season when Whaley shortened his college choices.