Ozen @ Lumberton

Are you saying that Ozen has more mental toughness than the Raiders? 

I didn't say they had more mental toughness. I'm saying that after all the hype of winning in the offseason and homecoming halftime show etc. that the tired feeling will set in. That tempo will go away. The athletic talent which I believe Ozen has over Lumberton will prevail. Not taking anything away from those young Raider men, but they will lose.

I didn't say they had more mental toughness. I'm saying that after all the hype of winning in the offseason and homecoming halftime show etc. that the tired feeling will set in. That tempo will go away. The athletic talent which I believe Ozen has over Lumberton will prevail. Not taking anything away from those young Raider men, but they will lose.

Ozen has more athletes, no doubt.  But let's look at athletes that produce results.

Ozen's top 3 Offensive producers from last year (Boyd, Randle & Tyler) produced about 1000 yds less than Lumberton's top 3 Offensive producers (Yarbro, Rhodes & Thomas).  I'm not great at math but the 3 Raiders accounted for about 3700 yds and about 30 TDs while the 3 Panthers totaled about 2700 and about 30 TDs.  The problem I see is that the Raiders have all 3 back and the Panthers lost Randle.  I also happen to know that our underclassmen put a real whipping on your underclassmen last year, so did Ozen get a bunch of transfers from Crosby???  It just don't add up. But I guess we will find out tomorrow night. :)

And none of those #s even factor in Receiving yards.

Ozen's best receiver, Winters, had about 400yds compared to Raiders top receiver Addison who had 600yds.  Both Seniors are gone though.  So let's look at the #2 receiver from each team which are both coming back.  Ozen's Gipson had about 250.  Lumberton's Boykin had about 350.  So, how about the receiving yards for the running backs.  Rhodes and Thomas had about 600 yds combined.  Ozen's Tyler had about 250yds.  But you know what?  All of that means nothing tomorrow night.  Suggs has the Panthers on the right track and playing like a different team and so does Babin with the Raiders.  It should be a great game.

Been watching L-Train closely the past 5 years, through All of the Coaching changes, your program has Endured. I don't care what the score of any game is or what your win/loss record looks like, those Kids have battled & never quit. That's what Sports & Competition are All about. From a Panther to A Raider, Great Job.  BTW: Ozen wins  Lol

I love all the chitter chatter, back & forth but come tomorrow night the Panthers take the stage and show who the main event will be on Friday nights in 22-5a this year. I told those boys that they are expected to loose by many and that Lumberton plans to beat them down. If they were thinking about taking this game for granted Panther fans have been keeping them focused and hungry for a win. I say Panthers will be too explosive to be contained for 4qtrs. and Lumberton will not have the fire power too keep up!

Edited by JRidge

I love all the chitter chatter, back & forth but come tomorrow night the Panthers take the stage and show who the main event will be on Friday nights in 22-5a this year. I told those boys that they are expected to loose by many and that Lumberton plans to beat them down. If they were thinking about taking this game for granted Panther fans have been keeping them focused and hungry for a win. I say Panthers will be too explosive to be contained for 4qtrs. and Lumberton will not have the fire power too keep up

Lumberton has been the underdog in every game so far. They will play a physical, disciplined game. May the better team win and both teams come out without injuries. 

Edited by spoonbill

An underdog to three small schools.  I'm changing my prediction Ozen by 20+

By underdog, I'm talking about the predictions on these threads bud, not by the sizes of the schools. I would assume the people on here making predictions would take everything into account including school size, etc. Keep doubting this Raiders team this year, it's worked for them so far. I have no idea who wins this game, but I guarantee the Raiders will show up.

I'm going out on a limb here. I think this will be very close game, decided by an injury, turnover or an intentional blown call by a biased official. Now, taking all of those possibilities into account.....

Ozen is prone to the losers limp when they get behind, advantage Lumberton.

Ozen has a tendency to turn the ball over when they play on grass, advantage Lumberton.

Raider Nation has a way of getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials as crucial times at home, big advantage Lumberton.

Raiders pull off the huge upset and stake the early claim to the fourth playoff spot.

Lumberton 31

Ozen 27

I'm going out on a limb here. I think this will be very close game, decided by an injury, turnover or an intentional blown call by a biased official. Now, taking all of those possibilities into account.....

Ozen is prone to the losers limp when they get behind, advantage Lumberton.

Ozen has a tendency to turn the ball over when they play on grass, advantage Lumberton.

Raider Nation has a way of getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials as crucial times at home, big advantage Lumberton.

Raiders pull off the huge upset and stake the early claim to the fourth playoff spot.

Lumberton 31

Ozen 27

Definitely True:  Good Ole' Home Cooking!

"Raider Nation has a way of getting the benefit of the doubt from the officials as crucial times at home, big advantage Lumberton."

There is about 60 students who will move from Ozen to Lumberton if this happens!

Lumberton 31

Ozen 27

I Say;  Ozen - 42

Lumberton - 17

That's my story and i'm sticking too it! Lol