Lumberton @ Bridge city

BC is back

No score from me but BC wakes up Saturday morning with a 3-0 record.

BC may or may not wake up with a 3-0 record.  But one thing that I'm sure of is they will wake up with some bumps and bruises.  This will be a physical football game between two teams that are back to playing hard-nosed football.  No matter who wins, I'm hoping for a safe and injury-free game for both teams.

Contrary to what some on this forum say, it IS about coaching.  It appears that Bridge City has the advantage..

yes, BC as the coaching advantage.

1.  Lumberington has brother-in-law coach who won what 2/3 games last year?

2.  Dubois has his kids believing - the key to HS football success- and the track record to prove it.

one of my HS coaching friends tells me Lumerington does have a big OL and will help them, but Dubois has the shock factor and momentum on his side.  BC wins all the way.

yes, BC as the coaching advantage.

1.  Lumberington has brother-in-law coach who won what 2/3 games last year?

2.  Dubois has his kids believing - the key to HS football success- and the track record to prove it.

one of my HS coaching friends tells me Lumerington does have a big OL and will help them, but Dubois has the shock factor and momentum on his side.  BC wins all the way.

I can't help but find this to be hilarious.  Just a few years ago when this same coach was at Deweyville he was considered a hero.  In fact...I think I remember it said that he was probably the best coach in the area.  My how the tables have turned.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Coaches get better with experience.  Babin is a better coach now than he was at Deweyville when he was the "hero".  The only thing that changes every year is who you have on the roster, and the competition you play against. Now it's apparent that Dubois has done an outstanding job in his head coaching career the last few years...but I can guarantee he would not have left HJ if they still had talented kids.  And just because Babin only wont 2/3 games last year does not mean he is a bad coach.  People don't like to hear it..but maybe he has bad players.  You can only do so much.

I agree, oldschool.  I simply do not understand the vitriol toward a hometown guy coming in to coach the hometown team.  And while this probably won't last, COACH BABIN IS CURRENTLY UNDEFEATED AS THE FOOTBALL COACH AT LUMBERTON!  I am just glad that Coach DuBois is getting a much better reception in pretty much the same situation in Bridge City.

I can't help but find this to be hilarious.  Just a few years ago when this same coach was at Deweyville he was considered a hero.  In fact...I think I remember it said that he was probably the best coach in the area.  My how the tables have turned.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Coaches get better with experience.  Babin is a better coach now than he was at Deweyville when he was the "hero".  The only thing that changes every year is who you have on the roster, and the competition you play against. Now it's apparent that Dubois has done an outstanding job in his head coaching career the last few years...but I can guarantee he would not have left HJ if they still had talented kids.  And just because Babin only wont 2/3 games last year does not mean he is a bad coach.  People don't like to hear it..but maybe he has bad players.  You can only do so much.

Hogwash ! DuBois would have taken the BC job either way . 

Sometimes coaching, good game planning , teamwork and effort trumps talent ( thus the Slot-T).

DuBois would have HJ sitting at 2-0 right now and headed towards the playoffs.

Hogwash ! DuBois would have taken the BC job either way . 

Sometimes coaching, good game planning , teamwork and effort trumps talent ( thus the Slot-T).

DuBois would have HJ sitting at 2-0 right now and headed towards the playoffs.

Ok.  

So HJ would've beaten Jasper...with this year's team...with Dubois at the helm?  Kelly I would agree with you.  coaching can overcome 1 point..even 1 possession.  But Jasper?  Wow.. some people just don't understand I guess.