West Orange-Stark 28 Port Neches-Groves 14/Final

WOSgrad

Congrats WOS on the win! The best team definitely won tonight. 

We were looking pretty good the first half. Got to catch balls though. QB can't hit you in the #'s everytime, you got to make it happen. 

They didn't use Giblin as much as I thought they would. 

2nd half was painful to watch. Bad snaps, which I assume were because of the humidity. Held scoreless.

And....some of our fans need to shut the heck up in the stands.

Lot of kids limping around, cramping up. It was tropical in the stadium. 

Edited by NDNation

I went, I'm no football expert. PNG had some size, great looking athletes at the skill positions. Something was missing, just not crisp on play execution like WOS showed. Morse throws a pretty pass, but seem like the timing was off with the receivers. It didn't help the WOS cover guys were all over them.

Dallas had plenty of time, maybe sacked once. His receivers went for the ball. WOS running backs were quick to the corners as PNG never could turn them in. 

our receives  are at least a foot taller than one of their corners. Not one time did we try to take advantage of that

Congrats WOS on the win! The best team definitely won tonight. 

We were looking pretty good the first half. Got to catch balls though. QB can't hit you in the #'s everytime, you got to make it happen. 

They didn't use Giblin as much as I thought they would. 

2nd half was painful to watch. Bad snaps, which I assume was because of the humidity. 

And....some of our fans need to shut the heck up in the stands.

Lot of kids limping around, cramping up. It was tropical in the stadium. 

ummmm......I've said that before.   Good luck png

PNG will compete for the district championship. Overall good game. Both teams need to clean up penalties. Morse is a great Qb, timing just seemed a little off with his receivers. Wos has to capitalize on turn overs. If I remember correctly, we didn't score on any of them. All in all this game did exactly what it was supposed to, help each team get better. One of the things I was most impressed with was the PNG players helping our kids up after tackles and vice versa. Class act PNG! Good luck to the NDN's and I'll be rooting for yall. Last thing is is making 4 of 4 extra points! What? Yes he missed a field goal but it was straight down the middle and just a little short. That can be corrected. 

our receives  are at least a foot taller than one of their corners. Not one time did we try to take advantage of that

Height doesn't matter if you can't catch the ball. We did try to take advantage with ones speed but he short armed one came up lame on another. Granted Morse wasn't on his game tonight but our OL was not keeping them out of the backfield either. WOS nose guard was about 5 foot nothing and did what he was supposed to do, cause a pile up in the middle and let the speed of WOS take care of the outside.

I get sick of old farts hollering at the coaches and kids.  That's just pathetic.  If you threw them on the sidelines, they'd be petrified.  Those coaches and kids give it their very best and are mad at themselves when they screw up... and they DO screw up (they're human).  Some of those folks need to be taken out back to the woodshed.

PNG will compete for the district championship. Overall good game. Both teams need to clean up penalties. Morse is a great Qb, timing just seemed a little off with his receivers. Wos has to capitalize on turn overs. If I remember correctly, we didn't score on any of them. All in all this game did exactly what it was supposed to, help each team get better. One of the things I was most impressed with was the PNG players helping our kids up after tackles and vice versa. Class act PNG! Good luck to the NDN's and I'll be rooting for yall. Last thing is is making 4 of 4 extra points! What? Yes he missed a field goal but it was straight down the middle and just a little short. That can be corrected. 

as negative as I was bout our kicking last week.....4for4 and almost a field gold.Great job coaches.

That's half the problem....they're too nice.  What happened to the guys that played this game with a little passion and pride and a little bit of nastiness.  If I'm in the right state of mind and my goal is to win a state championship I'm not gonna be helping the other guys up, I'm gonna knock them in the dirt and rally around my boys and get excited.  But you don't see that anymore unless your WOS.  They play nasty, and with heart, and that's why they dominate in this area.  People are scared......And that's coming from a Die Hard Native Indian,....

I was wondering what Rembert's status is. hopefully just cramps.  Maybe somebody can update.   i thought our linebacker corps was a bright spot tonight Rembert, Shultz and Anaboli are all tough and quick. didn't help to have rembert hurting in second half and not playing at all by end of game.  Turnovers were an obvious problem no need to name names it's early in the season.  i am hoping mczeal was just cramping too. Need to build up the kids and coaches not tear them down.  neumann is a master at making every kid feel special and needed.  PNG fans need to take this attitude.  Giblin seems to be back 100% and that's huge. 

Good Luck to PNG!  I know WOS always has your number but you have one hell of a program and you need to focus on getting past Bi-District as do all of the other 5A SE TX teams.  I'm 100% behind you.  Tonight was a learning experience for both sides.  It really pays off in the long run to play quality pre-district to see where your weaknesses are and I think this matchup benefitted both sides.  I'm glad there were no injuries and good luck going forward. Thank you.

Edited by Goblin

Well in my humble opinion I'd like to say great game to PNG. This turned out to be another great game between these two.  It wasn't settled until 3 min left in the 4th.  The turnovers in the 1st half were huge.  Yall could have been up at least 1 maybe 2 scores instead of being tied at the half.  I thought PNG defense pressured JD a good bit in the 1st half and the O line for WOS seemed a bit unsettled although there were some great throws and receptions.  Seems like we committed to the run more in the second half and that not only settled things down but also began to tire out PNG defense.  When WOS got the ball inside their own 10 wit about 4 mins left, i thought for sure PNG would come out and try to step up on D and get a stop, but they looked ragged and tired by then.. 

Good learning experience for both, a game of this caliber will bring out areas you need to work on.

As painful as it is, WOS just has our number, and are simply better.  I won't run down any kid or coach, simply because it wouldn't do much good.. I will say this, hopefully, BF can learn from this and we will get better. I'm not surprised at the loss, and maybe it's a good thing.. Our goal should be to win A DC......, and this loss in no way hampers that. I think we need work on both sides of the ball.. It's hard to play finesse football against a good defense. lets just try to get better and learn from this loss.. I will say this, WOS, is in great shape, that's with kids going both ways. They make great adjustments after the half, and scouting is phenomenal. Cornell takes away one thing and waits for you to adjust, if you don't, it's on you... I feel like WOS is the better team and deserved the win... Congrats.. Jack Dallas is a hell of a player.. He's got what you want in a kid, a will to win.. He will not be denied. He's a good one.  I feel the same about Jack Giblin, he's a gamer, and will make a play whenever needed...we have a bi week to get better and get prepared for district. It's not going to be a cakewalk. But at least we know what we are working with and hopefully we can improve each week..at this point that's the best we can do......

Well, from what I saw PNG's turnovers hurt in the first half. We should have been up at least two touchdowns at half. Second half, WOS made some great adjustments and it showed on the field. Our defense did great, but on 3 and forever we can't let down and allow the qb to burn us deep and get a first down. That was frustrating. Someone said WOS was small. Uh no not really. Maybe their D backs, but their speed to the ball was incredible! Game could have gone either way and WOS is always awesome against us. Just a different game. We need to clean up the turnovers and work on catching the dang ball. Giblin is back in rare form. We should definantly compete in district, but I hope we do more.