Silsbee-Beaumont Ozen Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Glad the QB getting some shine, I know talent when i see it, should've been the main QB last yr. 

To be fair about it...

Don't believe I heard anybody say Thomas wasn't a great athlete at any point last year.  Dontre has put in some serious work to improve his passing ability (which was not even close to where it is now) which only make his running prowess even more dangerous.  He has shown the dedication and will to improve.  Respect.

Good size young man with extreme lower body balance and strength. 

Will be tough to contain.

I don't know how Silsbee looked in their 1st scrimmage but they are a pretty solid team. I hope the young men who left with injuries will be ok. Silsbee should make some noise in their district. 

As for Ozen,  well their defense struggled and has to improve greatly. This is a new defense from last year but they simply got out played. I expect after some film study and tough week of practice they will be just fine. As for the offense, QB Josh Boyd will be tough to handle passing and especially running. RB Calvin Tyler is quick, fast and strong and looked good tonight. All and all the Panthers should be fine after a few adjustments.

I watched Silsbee last year. Sometimes I saw Partain playing quarterback and thought why don't they have Thomas in there and other times I saw Thomas playing and thought why don't they have Partain in there. They were pretty equal. Patron was a better passer and Thomas was the better runner. Unfortunately Silsbee was not very good and neither of them looked very good. Last spring when  Partain was injured and it appeared he would not play this year. Thomas went to work. He lost weight, got stronger and came back ready to play. Now he looks really good. Patron would have improved too if he had been able to play. They are both excellent athletes and excellent young men. I hate to see people speaking negatively about either one of them. Hopefully Partain will get healthy and make his name in baseball or return for a senior season in football. This is Thomas senior season and I for one am hoping he makes the most out of it. 

I watched Silsbee last year. Sometimes I saw Partain playing quarterback and thought why don't they have Thomas in there and other times I saw Thomas playing and thought why don't they have Partain in there. They were pretty equal. Patron was a better passer and Thomas was the better runner. Unfortunately Silsbee was not very good and neither of them looked very good. Last spring when  Partain was injured and it appeared he would not play this year. Thomas went to work. He lost weight, got stronger and came back ready to play. Now he looks really good. Patron would have improved too if he had been able to play. They are both excellent athletes and excellent young men. I hate to see people speaking negatively about either one of them. Hopefully Partain will get healthy and make his name in baseball or return for a senior season in football. This is Thomas senior season and I for one am hoping he makes the most out of it. 

well stated.  I think last year the offense was needed Dontres running and was at its best when he was in there.   Partain was definitely the better passer last year but the offense lacked the spark that Dontre provided.

i have and seen remarks online all summer from Dontre getting his guys together to workout.   Very proud of the effort they have put in.   Hopefully it pays off this season.  I know seeing Dontre on the basketball court this summer, he seems to be in the best physical shape I have seen him in.  Way to be a leader and good luck this season.