Crosby-Huffman Hargrave Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Amazed that some people know so much.... I couldnt tell you who looks like what, with the exception of LCM and PNG....... Some folks know several districts.. One day I'll get there..

I think it's more so the perception of the district. 2-10 in playoff games the last few years and 4-16 overall in that span with Ned being the only team keeping the tally from being 12-0/20-0. Eventually you have to stop referring to your trophies and win some games. I don't know what Ned looks like, I just know they don't look like Crosby. I've said a bunch of times already that I think PNG will win the district, I'm just adding a disclaimer that I wouldn't be surprised if the team that's 27-1 the last 4 years in district play wins again. 

Interesting night, Crosby definitely has some weapons. That #21 was flat out blazing out of the backfield. You could tell our young defense was struggling early to get their legs underneath them. They had some better success as the evening went on but were still out matched.

Offense took a few steps forward though I would of liked to see us hit the long ball, we seemed a bit off between the QB was throwing away from tough coverage and WRs adjusting to DBs with great speed. That #1 was a blanket over there. I did see a few nice throws into tight coverage with a ball getting there on time though so that was positive. We ran the ball with scattered success though may only have been for a few net positive yards.

Not sure how much this one helped Crosby other than a moment of chest beating but it helped move the needle for a young defense that needs to grow up quick and give our offense a chance to play at game speed.

Good luck to Crosby, hope y'all stay healthy and make a run of it.

Don't know why Crosby is wasting time working  on chest beating ? They are already # 1 ! As for team speed y'all sure aren't WOS ! Good luck Huffman ! I see you having another good season . 

sure aren't, Crosby is faster. Had 5 kids with sub 4.5 speed not even dressed out

I come to believe that Crosby could beat many of our local college teams. Pretty sure they are faster, bigger, and just plain better!!!!!

Summer Creek fans thought the same thing, didn't quite work out like they thought it would which was totally hilarious for me. 

I come to believe that Crosby could beat many of our local college teams. Pretty sure they are faster, bigger, and just plain better!!!!!

Thanks for finally seeing the light :)  and Summer Creek references are just plain old and stupid. Crosby is not Summer Creek, coaches are way better and we have a CODE here in the new Mecca of football. 

Thanks for finally seeing the light :)  and Summer Creek references are just plain old and stupid. Crosby is not Summer Creek, coaches are way better and we have a CODE here in the new Mecca of football. 

A couple of SC fans said the exact same thing in bold so the references aren't plain old and stupid, however they seem pretty valid as far as the same rhetoric trash talk is concerned. 

Are you guys drinking champagne yet, getting fitted for rings? Just asking, some other folk was doing just that a couple years ago. :)

They just appear to be more offensive than defensive ! They come across as kind of soft when it comes to physical play, IMO ! 

Scrimmage, work on things you need improving on, find out how kids who haven't played yet can do, and keep it a little vanilla. To me it's hilarious when people are asking why they are scrimmaging Huffman.  Maybe next year they can put Aledo and Katy on the docket to scrimmage.

Edited by CougarCal

huh?  I thought they were pretty physical last year, something changed again? 

Yeah, Crosby gave up 19.3ppg over a 15 game schedule with 9 playoff teams on it. They made a living on being physical at the line of scrimmage last year and will again this year. The offense did look potent but I'm not sure what he was looking at to draw the conclusion that Crosby has somehow become finesse. 

Yeah, Crosby gave up 19.3ppg over a 15 game schedule with 9 playoff teams on it. They made a living on being physical at the line of scrimmage last year and will again this year. The offense did look potent but I'm not sure what he was looking at to draw the conclusion that Crosby has somehow become finesse. 

As I said, he probably was not even there.

Scrimmage, work on things you need improving on, find out how kids who haven't played yet can do, and keep it a little vanilla. To me it's hilarious when people are asking why they are scrimmaging Huffman.  Maybe next year they can put Aledo and Katy on the docket to scrimmage.

It shouldn't be hillarious.  Because Huffman won't prepare you for a lot of things that a championship team will see on their 6 game March to state.  The combination of team speed, size, and good coaching is what you have to prepare for...