East Chambers National Ranking

I hardly consider Maxpreps a credible source for rankings. No disrespect intended, but if you follow Maxpreps regularly, you know these rankings aren't very accurate. Especially at a small school level. 

​All rankings at every level is just speculation. I'm just happy for the kids. A team that went 11-2 last year and returns 19 starters deserve to be in the conversation with the Cameron Yoe's of the world.

​All rankings at every level is just speculation. I'm just happy for the kids. A team that went 11-2 last year and returns 19 starters deserve to be in the conversation with the Cameron Yoe's of the world.

​Oh I agree with them being montioned with Yoe. But Maxpreps rankings are as little different. It's more computerized and uses numbers to develop a ranking, which is difficult to do when 50% of coaches don't report scores or stats.

Edited by eagleswoodville#1

​It's crazy that a school as small as the one ranked #1 can have 15 D1 players on a team. I'm glad we separate TAPPS from the public schools in Texas.

​Texas is different from other states.  In Texas, football is dominated by the public schools.  Look at Louisiana.  John Curtis and Evangel, both 2A private schools, have won almost 40 state titles combined against public schools and they do it "playing up".  The next 2 years, both of these 2A schools have decided to play up in the 5A classification.  Do you think a 2A private school in Texas could play up 3 classifications and win state titles against public schools?  No way.  Texas is just different.

I think polls are fun but shouldn't be taken too seriously, especially national polls. There is a reason they change weekly during the season. That being said, it's cool to see your old high school on a national poll.

I remember when EC was so far under the radar no one outside of SETX knew they even existed (their page on MaxPreps was blank). The teams record was so bad the most they could hope for from those that knew who they were was pity. It took a lot of years of hard work and playing pretty good football to change that.

I'm not ready to predict any championships or make any plans to hoist a trophy at NRG (ya gotta beat the Yoes of the world to do that, not show up in a poll)....but things ain't too bad in the rice field....

​Texas is different from other states.  In Texas, football is dominated by the public schools.  Look at Louisiana.  John Curtis and Evangel, both 2A private schools, have won almost 40 state titles combined against public schools and they do it "playing up".  The next 2 years, both of these 2A schools have decided to play up in the 5A classification.  Do you think a 2A private school in Texas could play up 3 classifications and win state titles against public schools?  No way.  Texas is just different.

​My question would be...do you think they could come to Texas and play up in 6A classification...I am of course assuming that La. 5A is the same as Tx 6A. 

​My question would be...do you think they could come to Texas and play up in 6A classification...I am of course assuming that La. 5A is the same as Tx 6A. 

​Good question.  Louisiana does not have a 6A because they don't need one.  Their 5A almost mirrors the enrollment #s of our 5A.  Smallest 5A is 1159 and the biggest school in the state is Lafayette High with 2455.  But Evangel has 366 and John Curtis has 380.  So, if they are confident enough to play against schools 6-7x their size, I don't think they would shy away from our 6A.  The really good private schools in Louisiana pick their classification based on 2 things: Who will give them the best challenge and geographically, which one has them traveling the least.  But Evangel will travel to Okahoma this year and has traveled to the West coast to play De La Salle, so travel is a distant 2nd behind level of competition when picking their schedule.

​Good question.  Louisiana does not have a 6A because they don't need one.  Their 5A almost mirrors the enrollment #s of our 5A.  Smallest 5A is 1159 and the biggest school in the state is Lafayette High with 2455.  But Evangel has 366 and John Curtis has 380.  So, if they are confident enough to play against schools 6-7x their size, I don't think they would shy away from our 6A.  The really good private schools in Louisiana pick their classification based on 2 things: Who will give them the best challenge and geographically, which one has them traveling the least.  But Evangel will travel to Okahoma this year and has traveled to the West coast to play De La Salle, so travel is a distant 2nd behind level of competition when picking their schedule.

​Those enrollment numbers are so misleading.

Evangel and John Curtis may have 366 and 380, but those come from a pool of a statewide and even out of state population, not a city wide like Lafayette (2455).

Confidence has nothing to do with their scheduling.

​Those enrollment numbers are so misleading.

Evangel and John Curtis may have 366 and 380, but those come from a pool of a statewide and even out of state population, not a city wide like Lafayette (2455).

Confidence has nothing to do with their scheduling.

​We just thought Yates has a good Communications program. :)