Another woman dies in police custody

BS Wildcats

Just heard this on the news, a white woman dies after being arrested in Houston.  This will prolly be the last time this is heard about.  No DOJ investigation, no marches, no Quannel X.  I wonder what the race of the arresting officer was in this incident.

Edited by BS Wildcats

Just heard this on the news, a white woman dies after being arrested in Houston.  This will prolly be the last time this is heard about.  No DOJ investigation, no marches, no Quannel X.  I wonder what the race of the arresting officer was in this incident.

​this is happening alot lately. Also they had someone escape this morning. Weird timing. 

@KHOU: HPD: Inmate escapes during transfer to Harris County jail: The Houston Police Department is ...

This is the hidden content, please
#Houston #HouNews

@KPRC2: 29-year-old woman dies while in HPD custody

#KPRC2 #HouNews

I want to see the arrest. Maybe she didn't comply with officer orders. Probably didn't extinguish her cigarette. That would be worthy of national news.

It would be national news, if she were black.  There is nothing to sensationalize here for the liberal media.  Hell, a white woman gets killed by an illegal and there is hardly any news. 

This question was posed on PA Pilitics and it really rings true in this forum......with the exception of a few(Buddy is one)

Blacks tend to side with the black victim

Whites tend to side with the cops

Blacks will only post about Black victims....

Whites will post about white victims, maybe not because we are outraged, but because we are pointing out that whites are victims to......

Thoughts?

This question was posed on PA Pilitics and it really rings true in this forum......with the exception of a few(Buddy is one)

Whites will post about white victims, maybe not because we are outraged, but because we are pointing out that whites are victims to......

Thoughts?

​*off topic* 

one thing alot of folks seem to not be talking about or knowing of is 100 Days 100 Nights out in L.A. 

Media wont cover that btw ;)

You think Chicago is bad on the weekend.. Hmmm… this might take the cake this summer. 

The only reason I posted on this thread was to be sarcastic and to show the sensationalism the black woman got compared to almost no coverage for the white woman. They are both dead under different circumstances yet no smelling of the rat by any blacks on this matter. Were her Miranda rights infringed? Hasn't even been questioned, but the black woman's rights were all that was discussed.

​*off topic* 

one thing alot of folks seem to not be talking about or knowing of is 100 Days 100 Nights out in L.A. 

Media wont cover that btw ;)

You think Chicago is bad on the weekend.. Hmmm… this might take the cake this summer. 

​My bad.......I also misspelled politics.....

Is this an official warning?:) 

The only reason I posted on this thread was to be sarcastic and to show the sensationalism the black woman got compared to almost no coverage for the white woman. They are both dead under different circumstances yet no smelling of the rat by any blacks on this matter. Were her Miranda rights infringed? Hasn't even been questioned, but the black woman's rights were all that was discussed.

​There is a history of people of color dying in police custody. A long-gg history. And yes, we all know there are good cops. I've met some. I've said it on here several times, I've had police pull out their guns and point it at me.  But then, I've had others who didn't pull out their guns.

​There is a history of people of color dying in police custody. A long-gg history. And yes, we all know there are good cops. I've met some. I've said it on here several times, I've had police pull out their guns and point it at me.  But then, I've had others who didn't pull out their guns.

​it seems to be happening almost daily now regardless of color. Coincidence? Maybe. But where there's smoke 9 times outta 10 there's fire. Just saying. 

​The statistics and numbers do not support your claim. 11 million arrest and 400 police killings per year......even if all black (BTW majority is white) ....do the math.  you have a .003637 chance of getting killed by a cop.....

​it seems to be happening almost daily now regardless of color. Coincidence? Maybe. But where there's smoke 9 times outta 10 there's fire. Just saying. 

According to the FBI, there are more than 12 million arrests per year. That is not merely public contacts which might be around 200-300 million. 

If only 1/10 of 1% of all arrests are wrong by police officers by using too much force (meaning 99.9% are okay), that comes out to more than 12,000 cases per year or more than 30 per day. If it is a full 1% of arrests then it is more than 300 per day. 

To put those figures more in perspective there are an average of about 33,000 arrests each day. With police cameras, jail video, citizens videoing and exterior videos such as store cameras you can bet a majority of them are on some kind of visual documentation. 

The media has some believing ( or some who WANT to believe) that the number of deaths is of epidemic proportions and the number simply is not.

@kfor: Oklahoma County inmate pronounced dead

Old age probably 

Thoughts?

I posted something similar a few days ago ..I'll just say it's too complicated of a conversation to have threw a keyboard. To be fair a lot of blacks over due the victim role which has cause a lot of whites to then see any claim as just something being over done by people who love to over due things.

Good post pf10, and the saddest part is the relatively rare, real victim.  They get lumped in with the ones hollering wolf and don't may not get their "day in court".  

One question to all - Anyone read anything recently about an epidemic of folks being "copycats"?  Probably cud be worded better, but look at what's happened recently.  Woman hangs herself - Nat coverage, now several do it.  T. Martin, then several more, like martyrs.  Saw films of the guy who died after his arrest running into the wall hitting head first.  Is there something about today's society causing this?   

I'm afraid I'm out of touch and durn sure not educated enough to figure it out.  Is it as simple as "keeping up with the joneses" on steroids?  I'll be watching for future confirmation.  Just find it all weird, or strange.  

Seriously, I'm curious.  Any ideas?  Am I reading to much into this?

Good post pf10, and the saddest part is the relatively rare, real victim.  They get lumped in with the ones hollering wolf and don't may not get their "day in court".  

One question to all - Anyone read anything recently about an epidemic of folks being "copycats"?  Probably cud be worded better, but look at what's happened recently.  Woman hangs herself - Nat coverage, now several do it.  T. Martin, then several more, like martyrs.  Saw films of the guy who died after his arrest running into the wall hitting head first.  Is there something about today's society causing this?   

I'm afraid I'm out of touch and durn sure not educated enough to figure it out.  Is it as simple as "keeping up with the joneses" on steroids?  I'll be watching for future confirmation.  Just find it all weird, or strange.  

Seriously, I'm curious.  Any ideas?  Am I reading to much into this?

The world is going nuts, plain and simple. Lives are worth nothing except to loved ones.

I will say this.....back in the day, news was reported by news people. Today, everything is reported by anyone with a cell phone and Facebook access. Lots of things making national headlines today that would have had trouble making local news back then or wouldn't have been an issue at all.

I apologize in advance to anyone who uses Facebook, and I am sure it can be useful at times, but I think it is a service for snoops......people who have to know everything about everybody. Personally, I don't find most people to be that interesting. Ok, maybe off topic, but we are flooded with information and most of it is junk.

The world is going nuts, plain and simple. Lives are worth nothing except to loved ones.

I will say this.....back in the day, news was reported by news people. Today, everything is reported by anyone with a cell phone and Facebook access. Lots of things making national headlines today that would have had trouble making local news back then or wouldn't have been an issue at all.

I apologize in advance to anyone who uses Facebook, and I am sure it can be useful at times, but I think it is a service for snoops......people who have to know everything about everybody. Personally, I don't find most people to be that interesting. Ok, maybe off topic, but we are flooded with information and most of it is junk.

Thanks bd.  I don't Facebook but heard enough to know it gets weird. 

In my post above, forgot to mention the movie killers.   Another copyidiot. It's like some new TV series where some dark entity is taking over folks and making them do this.  Hope that's not right, but I'm keeping an open mind.  

Thanks bd.  I don't Facebook but heard enough to know it gets weird. 

In my post above, forgot to mention the movie killers.   Another copyidiot. It's like some new TV series where some dark entity is taking over folks and making them do this.  Hope that's not right, but I'm keeping an open mind.  

The devil is real

I still think the root cause of the "outrage" is the media.......

There are many many examples.....

It's SAD that we live in a Country where Sandra Bland (who had an attitude and resisted and every fact points to her taking her own life) gets more media coverage, more opinion articles and more public outrage than a terrorist that murders unarmed marines our our soil........

I still think the root cause of the "outrage" is the media.......

There are many many examples.....

It's SAD that we live in a Country where Sandra Bland (who had an attitude and resisted and every fact points to her taking her own life) gets more media coverage, more opinion articles and more public outrage than a terrorist that murders unarmed marines our our soil........

It is all media driven. Unfortunately many people watch unending news coverage of some incident and are led to believe that we are in the midst of an epidemic. The sad part is that this sometimes bogus,  overhyped and outright fabricated coverage actually convinces some people or validates their opinion.