Jasper Predictions

I expect the Bulldogs to come out of the gate much quicker this year (1-3 last year on the way to a 9-4 finish) with a much stronger defense under new DC Gary Vanya. Tiger Williams and a good group of tailbacks will keep the offense strong this year as well. 9-1 can happen, but Jasper is known to cough up a game or two against teams that it should beat. What do you guys think?

JASPER BULLDOGS (0-0, 0-0)

Aug. 28 - at Hardin-Jefferson, 7:30 pm- W

Sept. 4 - Vidor, 7:00 pm-W

Sept. 11 - at West Orange-Stark, 7:30 pm-L

Sept. 18 - Center, 7:30 pm-W

Sept. 25 - Splendora, 7:30 pm*-W

Oct. 2 - at Cleveland, 7:30 pm*-W

Oct. 9 - Bridge City, 7:30 pm*-W

Oct. 16 - OPEN

Oct. 23 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30 pm*-W

Oct. 30 - Huffman Hargrave, 7:30 pm*-W

Nov. 6 - at Silsbee, 7:30 pm*-W

Better not run Williams into the ground. the one time I saw Jasper over at the Butch I was praying he wasn't going to get hurt, stafford was just meh on defense and had no answer for him or Spikes. Hopefully they use that big TE more, that kid doesn't miss a meal. I can see Jasper going 10-0 if no major injuries happen. 

I'm always hesitant to predict a win over WOS no matter how good we are, but both teams are returning 9 all-district starters and Jasper doesn't have Spikes this year. That along with WOS being at home for that game gives them a decent advantage unless someone else besides Williams comes out of the gate really strong for the Bulldogs against HJ and Vidor. 

Better not run Williams into the ground. the one time I saw Jasper over at the Butch I was praying he wasn't going to get hurt, stafford was just meh on defense and had no answer for him or Spikes. Hopefully they use that big TE more, that kid doesn't miss a meal. I can see Jasper going 10-0 if no major injuries happen. 

​I worry about overusing Williams, too. They have decent tailbacks coming back that are capable of big years, but no one is really proven since Spikes got a vast majority of the work. Jasper the overwhelming favorite again per the preseason power rankings in 10-4A. I'm not sure what these mean, but only WOS has a higher power ranking than Jasper's on the schedule.

Jasper 39.9

Cleveland  6.6

Silsbee  14.1

Bridge City  2.8

Huffman  18.6

LCM  12.6

Splendora  -20.3

Non-District

WOS  42.6

HJ   34.7

Center 25.6

Vidor  6.3

I think Jasper may lose a predisrict game because Barbey plays everybody if he wins great but he will have them ready when it means something he kind of coaches like his dad his dad didn't like to play a game week 1 he would rather scrimadge saying they wasn't ready

• 2 weeks later...

This is a special year for Jasper football marks 100 years of organized football it's a shame new stadium will not be ready for this year maybe varsity can play on it next year 

I dont know, Maybe the 100th year should be played at the Alamo. New stadium for year 101. Poetic justice.

Understood but wouldn't you think those would be the three toughest games on Jasper's schedule?

Swap them with Vidor and Silsbee. Vidor returns almost everyone and Silsbee will be back to being Silsbee. As I see it, Center would be a tougher game than HJ.

Oh ok, I do like Silsbee again this year but im still high on HJ but im an outsider looking in since ive only seen HJ play once over the past two seasons.

HJ losing those Seniors that made a huge impact like Padgett, etc., hurt. But also losing their HC and QB to Bridge City might be a little too much. They have some very good athletes coming back but running a new offense( Supposedly) and those losses could prove too much. I say Center just on what I have heard/read about them. Vidor is always tough. They have so much experience back it makes their vaunted Wing T or Slot T dangerous to defend. We, WOS, will get the first look at Vidor with a scrimmage in a couple weeks. So well know more then.