Bridge City

I take BC over Liberty, Splendora, LCM, maybe lumberton, and Silsbee. Because Silsbee is soft. Silsbee is not like they used to be. BC should have a field day with them. JMO

Seriously? Lcm knocked out Bc qb and running back in the first quarter last year. I wouldn't call Silsbee soft. Bc hasn't been a physical football team in a long time

Seriously? Lcm knocked out Bc qb and running back in the first quarter last year. I wouldn't call Silsbee soft. Bc hasn't been a physical football team in a long time

​That's weird... they went to the playoffs for 4 years in a row before the last two seasons.... and you're right.  Y'all wouldn't have won last year if our starting free safety /backup quarterback hadn't gotten knocked out of that game in the first quarter.  Our starting qb?  He'll be throwing baseballs for UT this spring, but was hurt before last season started.  But I like the fact that you admit that the ONLY reason y'all were able to squeak out that cheap win last year was because our backup qb tore up his knee (untouched, I might add) in the first quarter.  

The toughest guy on the field that night was the long haired dork doing the "look, I'm Animal from the Muppets" impression on the drum kit at halftime.  See you girls later this fall.

​That's weird... they went to the playoffs for 4 years in a row before the last two seasons.... and you're right.  Y'all wouldn't have won last year if our starting free safety /backup quarterback hadn't gotten knocked out of that game in the first quarter.  Our starting qb?  He'll be throwing baseballs for UT this spring, but was hurt before last season started.  But I like the fact that you admit that the ONLY reason y'all were able to squeak out that cheap win last year was because our backup qb tore up his knee (untouched, I might add) in the first quarter.  

The toughest guy on the field that night was the long haired dork doing the "look, I'm Animal from the Muppets" impression on the drum kit at halftime.  See you girls later this fall.

I just want you to remember that we had this discussion about the upcoming BC games, and I don't want to hear any excuses or to hear you refer back to baseball when you're trying to talk football. 

Not knowing the teams isn't unbiased. It's called spitballing. You obviously don't know anything about Kirbyville and what they have this yr so I'll just say....see you here bright and early Sat, Aug. 29th.

You wont be seeing me at that game because Im not a BC fan.  I do happen to know that the Cardinals will give Kirbyville all they can handle. 

It wont resemble last years game 

I take BC over Liberty, Splendora, LCM, maybe lumberton, and Silsbee. Because Silsbee is soft. Silsbee is not like they used to be. BC should have a field day with them. JMO

​Was Silsbee soft last 5 years when they defeated BC each year?

That 1 point lost still hurts, doesn't it? Particularly when you couldn't play them the following year. smh

​Was Silsbee soft last 5 years when they defeated BC each year?

That 1 point lost still hurts, doesn't it? Particularly when you couldn't play them the following year. smh

BC last beat Silsbee in 2011. ​Silsbee beat BC in 2012,2013, and 2014. Not 5 years in a row. I know it's just a minor detail but if the shoe were on the other foot we know it would have already been pointed out.

Rake1

P.S. this was posted only because we love AAW.:)

No figures for the o'line, but they will be a good unit.  If I'm not mistaken the entire line are juniors, but all started varsity last year.  The only real question is whether or not these kids can pick up on fundamentals that have been absent for the last few years AND learn Coach Dubois system in a reasonable amount of time.  After scrimmaging Buna and WOS (rumored), then playing Kirbyville, Newton and Lumberton, we'll be catching a breather when district play begins.  I believe our district games will actually be competitive this year, that one last year's playoff teams (LCM, Silsbee, Jasper, or Huffman) will be sitting out the post season this year.

No figures for the o'line, but they will be a good unit.  If I'm not mistaken the entire line are juniors, but all started varsity last year.  The only real question is whether or not these kids can pick up on fundamentals that have been absent for the last few years AND learn Coach Dubois system in a reasonable amount of time.  After scrimmaging Buna and WOS (rumored), then playing Kirbyville, Newton and Lumberton, we'll be catching a breather when district play begins.  I believe our district games will actually be competitive this year, that one last year's playoff teams (LCM, Silsbee, Jasper, or Huffman) will be sitting out the post season this year.

Yeah it's just a rumor...WOS has it's same two scrimmages from last year Nederland and Vidor