Newton win-loss predictions

Orangefield beat Newton last year, but playing them in Newton this year will be tough. I believe the Eagles over looked us last year a little bit and we shocked them and I believe we had a lot to do with their success last year. We kinda woke them up, so you're welcome Eagles, please remember that this year lol.

Orangefield played well vs Newtjn the last few years , it always interesting game 

Orangefield has always been that team if you give them a little bit, they can beat you. They have given WOS a couple scares over the years. They just play some good ball. I also see them being better than last year.

​You can't straddle the fence!!!!!!!! lol

Orangefield has always been that team if you give them a little bit, they can beat you. They have given WOS a couple scares over the years. They just play some good ball. I also see them being better than last year.

I hope you're right.  Choate, M Kress, and J Watkins all huge losses, both on the field and in leadership roles.  I don't know if they will be better, but will still be competitive. 

I think the poster above was correct about Newton.  The key is staying healthy.  If they are able to do that, they will be in every game and could make another deep run.  The WOS, Tatum, Henderson, and Crockett games should all be dog fights.  Always love the schedule Newton plays...

Newton will not lose to Crockett.

​What is the old adage about counting chickens before they hatch?  You should never underestimate a team lead by HC/AD Jimmy Thompson...especially a team that went as deep as they did last year when they weren't even expected to make the playoffs..not to mention the additional time he has had with them since.  I am not one for predicting the future, but I do expect you to be a little surprised at the team you face this year in their home stadium.  You will definitely know you've been in a football game once the clock ticks to zero...no matter the outcome. As UTFan mentioned..maybe Newton "shouldn't" lose to Crockett, but to use the old cliche...stranger things have happened.

• 2 weeks later...