Nine dead, 53 wounded in shootings over bloody Independence Day weekend

LumRaiderFan

​Thank you for not discounting my post. To me, the right thing to do would be to hire more police and start cracking down on street crime. The problem with that idea, is violent criminals are typically stupid and will challenge or threaten the cops, resulting in cops killing criminals.....Then the media and other criminals will spin the "black lives matter" and here we go again.

If you ran the city, what would you do?

​i wonder who would wanna work there though, maybe the good educated folk from the dangerous neighborhoods? I would think they would hightail it out of ChiRaq. 

​i wonder who would wanna work there though, maybe the good educated folk from the dangerous neighborhoods? I would think they would hightail it out of ChiRaq. 

​What is wrong with adding to the police that already work there? There has to be good law abiding people in that area that would take the job.

But think about it Buddy......if you were a cop anywhere, and you had to shoot someone.  ......based on media opinions, would you feel like the community would be on your side? I would be afraid of it spinning out of control and my butt ends up in jail.

That is the first thing that needs to be fixed, and I think it starts with responsible news reporting. 

​What is wrong with adding to the police that already work there? There has to be good law abiding people in that area that would take the job.

But think about it Buddy......if you were a cop anywhere, and you had to shoot someone.  ......based on media opinions, would you feel like the community would be on your side? I would be afraid of it spinning out of control and my butt ends up in jail.

That is the first thing that needs to be fixed, and I think it starts with responsible news reporting. 

​probably so, with what goes on in certain parts there id go work and play in one of the safer suburbs. 

And yes (2nd thing in bold) that needs to be fixed as well as a few other things. 

​One thing they could do is not make the cops the bad guys and turn on them when they try to do their job.

Demand that law enforcement do their job in their communities, but treat them like allies and let them do it.

The people that live in Chicago have to somehow someway fix it and if it isn't getting fixed it's not Foxnews or anyone else's fault but theirs.

If they really want to blame someone, its the miserable job the elected Democrats are doing in Chicago...vote them out and put someone in that will get it done.

​Some of my best (?) friends are cops and I still get uncomfortable when a police car is behind me. And thats based on my own personal experiences as a teen and an adult. Getting guns pointed at you or disrespected is not fun times. Its a two-way street. The cops are scared and the citizens they protect are scared too. 

Once again, you guys aren't reading or investigating the other "news" sources and I'm not talking about CNN or Fox.

The people that live in Chicago have to somehow someway fix it and if it isn't getting fixed it's not Foxnews or anyone else's fault but theirs."  Hmmm okay,  all of us arm chair quarterbacks sound the same no matter what side of the tracks you live on. Chicago has a history of violence and the city had a Republican mayor back in its day.

​Some of my best (?) friends are cops and I still get uncomfortable when a police car is behind me. And thats based on my own personal experiences as a teen and an adult. Getting guns pointed at you or disrespected is not fun times. Its a two-way street. The cops are scared and the citizens they protect are scared too. 

Once again, you guys aren't reading or investigating the other "news" sources and I'm not talking about CNN or Fox.

The people that live in Chicago have to somehow someway fix it and if it isn't getting fixed it's not Foxnews or anyone else's fault but theirs."  Hmmm okay,  all of us arm chair quarterbacks sound the same no matter what side of the tracks you live on. Chicago has a history of violence and the city had a Republican mayor back in its day.

OK, say you are the Mayor of Chicago... give us your fix.

​I am a police officer and I get uncomfortable when a police car is behind me. 

​Excuse me Dove, but the last Republican mayor of chicago left office in 1931.  So if you are trying to credit the Repubs for Chicagos violent history, the Dems get credit for the last 84 years.

​No answer I guess.

​He does not have an answer because it is not an easy answer.

The crime has to stop, which means people will need to go to jail.....some will not want to go, which will result in death......Media will twist it to fit their agenda, and protest will continue.

We need strong politicians that will support the greater good and a President that will stay out of States business...... 

The crime has to stop, which means people will need to go to jail.....some will not want to go, which will result in death......Media will twist it to fit their agenda, and protest will continue.

We need strong politicians that will support the greater good and a President that will stay out of States business...... 

​Been a very long time since that has happened in this country, heck I cant even remember it. How much a passport cost? Asking for a friend. ;)

​Oh, I know he doesn't have an answer...doesn't want anybody else to give one either.

I agree with all points...the problem is Chicago's to fix.

• 2 weeks later...