Nine dead, 53 wounded in shootings over bloody Independence Day weekend

LumRaiderFan

B.s. and you know it. Compare to Houston where guns are legal.

​gangs running amuck in Houston? Nope. But they are in the Midwest. Check out Cincinnati, recently they had a gang related murder/murders for two weeks straight, no coverage of the matter but only local news. I bet none of you geniuses knew either. Its getting really bad there. 

It only gets really bad when the violence pours into "their" neighborhood. As long as its contained in the ghetto, its manageable. Many people live in those areas and hate the violence like everyone else. 

National Geographic did a story leading up to the July 4th weekend in Chicago. It showed a local reporter whose been covering the July 4th  murder rage for 20 years. Seemed like he was only out there to get a story and go back home. Anyway, the documentary showed how the gangs used the holiday to rob and kill other drug dealers under the cover of fireworks. Thats why you have so many killings during that time frame.

It only gets really bad when the violence pours into "their" neighborhood. As long as its contained in the ghetto, its manageable. Many people live in those areas and hate the violence like everyone else. 

National Geographic did a story leading up to the July 4th weekend in Chicago. It showed a local reporter whose been covering the July 4th  murder rage for 20 years. Seemed like he was only out there to get a story and go back home. Anyway, the documentary showed how the gangs used the holiday to rob and kill other drug dealers under the cover of fireworks. Thats why you have so many killings during that time frame.

​Thank you. Some ppl think they know but really dont. What are they called again? Low information thinkers? 

​Thank you. Some ppl think they know but really dont. What are they called again? Low information thinkers? 

​"It only gets really bad when the violence pours into "their" neighborhood. As long as its contained in the ghetto, its manageable. Many people live in those areas and hate the violence like everyone else."

I'll bite on this one and call myself a "low information thinker"

The ghetto (your words)  has no problem gathering and protesting when a cop arrest a crook or uses excessive force when arresting them, why can't they use that same passion to protest against the violent crimes in THEIR neighborhood?  Also, who said it was manageable, you? I think it's sad that many people can die in a weekend. However, there seems to be more interest in a piece of cloth than any of that mess. That is really sad IMO.....

Edited by thetragichippy

​"It only gets really bad when the violence pours into "their" neighborhood. As long as its contained in the ghetto, its manageable. Many people live in those areas and hate the violence like everyone else."

The ghetto (your words)  has no problem gathering and protesting when a cop arrest a crook or uses excessive force when arresting them, why can't they use that same passion to protest against the violent crimes in THEIR neighborhood?  Also, who said it was manageable, you? I think it's sad that many people can die in a weekend. However, there seems to be more interest in a piece of cloth than any of that mess. That is really sad IMO.....

​my words?  Did you quote the wrong person? 

​Who is containing the violence...who makes sure it stays there and remains manageable.

Is it the Mayor, city councilmen, police...who is it?

I guess I could say that the murders don't bother me since they are taking out drug dealers. Is it always a drug dealer?.....I doubt it, especially the 7 year old.

Back in the 1930s, the Feds were known to back off and not even investigate the mob hits. They simply let them kill each other. Guess where.?.........Chicago!

I guess I could say that the murders don't bother me since they are taking out drug dealers. Is it always a drug dealer?.....I doubt it, especially the 7 year old.

Back in the 1930s, the Feds were known to back off and not even investigate the mob hits. They simply let them kill each other. Guess where.?.........Chicago!

​ahh so history does repeat itself, right? 

​But it's not...I view and read news from multiple sources...these nine victims didn't get nearly as much attention as the victims in SC.

In fact, no mention of it on some outlets.

So again I ask...why?

As Smitty would say, "hummmm" (sic), I wonder why?

I am sure you are aware that the news outlets are a business.  As a business, their job is to get viewers, which in turn, yields advertisers.   Which story (or stories) would "sell" more?  Segment after segment of gang violence which is business as usual in Chicago these days or a story on confederate flag wielding, hate monger who murdered innocent people in a church in the South.  It is not lost that not all that long ago, people were being killed in these same places of worship by confederate flag wielding, sheet wearing racists who used fire and homemade bombs as their weapons.  

Are the deaths in Chicago just as tragic?  Absolutely.  But you don't have to look far or think hard to answer your question.   Like most things in this world, it is driven by the almighty dollar, not some liberal, leftist conspiracy as some would like to believe.  

As Smitty would say, "hummmm" (sic), I wonder why?

I am sure you are aware that the news outlets are a business.  As a business, their job is to get viewers, which in turn, yields advertisers.   Which story (or stories) would "sell" more?  Segment after segment of gang violence which is business as usual in Chicago these days or a story on confederate flag wielding, hate monger who murdered innocent people in a church in the South.  It is not lost that not all that long ago, people were being killed in these same places of worship by confederate flag wielding, sheet wearing racists who used fire and homemade bombs as their weapons.  

Are the deaths in Chicago just as tragic?  Absolutely.  But you don't have to look far or think hard to answer your question.   Like most things in this world, it is driven by the almighty dollar, not some liberal, leftist conspiracy as some would like to believe.  

​I agree with you on this and it is sad.

The media is a business and the SC shooting has much more shock value than the routine killings in any big city, especially when you can tie the Confederate flag in to stir the pot much more.

What is even sadder (and what really baffles me) is that so many, even many of the residents most affected by this, buy into this rather than actually see that gang violence is much more of a threat than an occasional racist maniac, and DEMAND that it be addressed...and vote out those that won't.

Don't get me wrong, both are tragic...but one happens much more frequently than the other and this seems to be too often ignored.

​The same problem that exist in all poor communities around the world. Those people have to live with the crooks  who are doing these bad things. Many are scared just like we all are. I agree, it would help if citizens were more vocal. Lets use Beaumont. If I saw a crime and wanted to report it, I'm making darn sure my name ain't used. You better give me a code number. I don't know who knows who in this town. Loose lips sink ships :)

Edited by BLUEDOVE3

​I agree with you on this and it is sad.

The media is a business and the SC shooting has much more shock value than the routine killings in any big city, especially when you can tie the Confederate flag in to stir the pot much more.

What is even sadder (and what really baffles me) is that so many, even many of the residents most affected by this, buy into this rather than actually see that gang violence is much more of a threat than an occasional racist maniac, and DEMAND that it be addressed...and vote out those that won't.

Don't get me wrong, both are tragic...but one happens much more frequently than the other and this seems to be too often ignored.

​Okay Lumbertonfan, what do you suggest the people in neighborhoods like Chicago do?

​Ahhhhh! You do realize there was a outcry from the community when this happened? There was an organized march. But you didn't see it, did you? I wonder why? I think there are several reasons you and others like you didn't know.

@HuffingtonPost: Mothers helped troubled neighborhood stay shooting-free during violent Chicago weekend

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

​Ahhhhhhh, very good for those limited in some news to actually see there are and have always been grass-root organizations being pro active in their communities. Huff Post  , thanks for the article. Now, forums like this can share and educate  others who are less informed about communities like these all over the country. So, are these media outlets producing articles like this on a regular basis and others are just less informed because they don't really care? Because on Fox, they love to throw out to their fan base that these communities act as if they only protest against killings when whites are involved against so-called minorities. Hmmm!

​Okay Lumbertonfan, what do you suggest the people in neighborhoods like Chicago do?

​One thing they could do is not make the cops the bad guys and turn on them when they try to do their job.

Demand that law enforcement do their job in their communities, but treat them like allies and let them do it.

The people that live in Chicago have to somehow someway fix it and if it isn't getting fixed it's not Foxnews or anyone else's fault but theirs.

If they really want to blame someone, its the miserable job the elected Democrats are doing in Chicago...vote them out and put someone in that will get it done.

​Ahhhhh! You do realize there was a outcry from the community when this happened? There was an organized march. But you didn't see it, did you? I wonder why? I think there are several reasons you and others like you didn't know.

Organized march? What happened to arson and looting to make your point?

I really don't watch much news. I get stories here and my CNN app.

​The same problem that exist in all poor communities around the world. Those people have to live with the crooks  who are doing these bad things. Many are scared just like we all are. I agree, it would help if citizens were more vocal. Lets use Beaumont. If I saw a crime and wanted to report it, I'm making darn sure my name ain't used. You better give me a code number. I don't know who knows who in this town. Loose lips sink ships :)

​Thank you for not discounting my post. To me, the right thing to do would be to hire more police and start cracking down on street crime. The problem with that idea, is violent criminals are typically stupid and will challenge or threaten the cops, resulting in cops killing criminals.....Then the media and other criminals will spin the "black lives matter" and here we go again.

If you ran the city, what would you do?