Nine dead, 53 wounded in shootings over bloody Independence Day weekend

LumRaiderFan

Why no outrage over these deaths?

Nine in one weekend...IN ONE CITY...and it was happening before and will continue after this weekend.

Why do we pick and choose which deaths are most important and matter more.

This is the hidden content, please

Thoughts?

​happens every 4th of July weekend in Chicago. Ive seen the outrage go on for years in that city. 

Also just cause its not posted on this site doesn't mean its not heavily talked about through other sources of social media. ;)

​But it's not...I view and read news from multiple sources...these nine victims didn't get nearly as much attention as the victims in SC.

In fact, no mention of it on some outlets.

So again I ask...why?

Edited by LumRaiderFan

​But it's not...these nine victims didn't get nearly as much attention as the victims in SC.

So again I ask...why?

​Cause its more than likely to happen in Chicago this weekend or the weekend after that, if you pay attention to social media closely its kinda the norm in Chicago during the summer. Sad but true. 

Nine in one weekend...IN ONE CITY...and it was happening before and will continue after this weekend.

Thoughts?

​I would call it progress. I think an article from last year showed 82 shot and 15 dead. That is about a 35% reduction in victims......

From the photos in the article, it appears that all of the victims are either Hispanic or black. One was a 7 year old child. In that case the father is a known gang member with 45 previous arrests and is said not to be cooperating with the police in trying to find the killer of his child.

I am curious at what point black lives matter.  Is it only determined by the race or occupation of the person who did the killing (even if entirely legal)? 

I think that is the point of people posting these kinds of articles. Is it selective outrage when people from a particular ethnic group can be slaughtered on a regular basis and essentially ignored but let the person responsible be a racist or police officer and it becomes a national incident requiring a presidential response?

From the photos in the article, it appears that all of the victims are either Hispanic or black. One was a 7 year old child. In that case the father is a known gang member with 45 previous arrests and is said not to be cooperating with the police in trying to find the killer of his child.

I am curious at what point black lives matter.  Is it only determined by the race or occupation of the person who did the killing (even if entirely legal)? 

I think that is the point of people posting these kinds of articles. Is it selective outrage when people from a particular ethnic group can be slaughtered on a regular basis and essentially ignored but let the person responsible be a racist or police officer and it becomes a national incident requiring a presidential response?

Exactly, and another point that needs to be made is that when one of Obama's cronies became mayor, the violence got worse.

Okay, wait a minute, lets define who is not interested in these lives. Are you referring to the (1)majority owned media outlets (2) citizens of Chicago, the drug dealers, or ?

​There are several posts on the forum about the urgency to remove the Confederate flag because of the SC shooting but these shooting deaths in Chicago would have never been brought up if I hadn't posted it. (and it happens all year long)

So I guess we can start with this forum...AND why is this not continuously in the news like the SC shooting has been?

Edited by LumRaiderFan

Okay, wait a minute, lets define who is not interested in these lives. Are you referring to the (1)majority owned media outlets (2) citizens of Chicago, the drug dealers, or ?

​only reason its a national story is cause it was july 4th weekend. Happens pretty much every weekend there, I see it thru their local news outlets mostly, sometimes CNN. 

Who is not interested?  As usual the mainstream media is not covering it much.  Most conspicuously absent are the two Rev's, Al & Jesse.  Seriously, I know they're primarily in it for the money, but why don't they go there and help?  Forget the cameras and the money, just go & do what you can.  

Like old Cool Hand Luke said, "Just talking to myself".  

Who is not interested?  As usual the mainstream media is not covering it much.  Most conspicuously absent are the two Rev's, Al & Jesse.  Seriously, I know they're primarily in it for the money, but why don't they go there and help?  Forget the cameras and the money, just go & do what you can.  

Like old Cool Hand Luke said, "Just talking to myself".  

I don't think they know how to help.  They just stir the pot when a situation may be construed as having racial overtones.

Thoughts?

​I wonder if this made the front page of the NY Times?  Or even mentioned on CNN or MSNBC?

Yep Wildcat, no money, no Rev.  Crying shame.   Wouldn't it be nice if the media moguls called them out?  Oh, I forgot, they put money before media too.  

What happened to integrity?   Methinks the PC Police have removed it from the English language. 

Yep Wildcat, no money, no Rev.  Crying shame.   Wouldn't it be nice if the media moguls called them out?  Oh, I forgot, they put money before media too.  

What happened to integrity?   Methinks the PC Police have removed it from the English language. 

​nobody really cares bout inner-city Chicago, not even the President or wealthy mogul Oprah IMO, ive seen more rappers do more, ive also seen em contribute to the madness. Same with STL, Detroit, Cleveland and Milwaukee. Notice a weird thing here folks? Wanna see if any of you geniuses pick up on it. 

​nobody really cares bout inner-city Chicago, not even the President or wealthy mogul Oprah IMO, ive seen more rappers do more, ive also seen em contribute to the madness. Same with STL, Detroit, Cleveland and Milwaukee. Notice a weird thing here folks? Wanna see if any of you geniuses pick up on it. 

​Democrats, that's the problem...and they keep getting voted in...smh.

From the article:

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

You guys actually watch CNN & MSNBC? You could care less about Al Sharpton, violence in Chicago, or the ghetto,  which is why YOU have no idea what he has done to confront violence in Chicago. Has Sharpton done enough? Maybe he could do more but the point is that he has tried. Strict gun laws? We have strict drug laws too. so what?  It would be nice if the federal officials could raid the gun manufacturers located on the west side of Chicago (pretend rolling eyes!).