The conservative case for gay marriage

bullets13

This is the hidden content, please

Interesting article.  Of course, it is rooted in science which many of the hard core right almost view as evil.  And, indubitably, the scientists on whose work it is based are likely no match for the geniuses on this forum.  

​interesting, I read something like this about murderers back several years ago. 

This is the hidden content, please

Interesting article.  Of course, it is rooted in science which many of the hard core right almost view as evil.  And, indubitably, the scientists on whose work it is based are likely no match for the geniuses on this forum.  

​From the article:

No studies have found specific "gay genes" that reliably make someone gay. 

So another "theory" just like evolution...rooted in science...lol.

The right actually embraces science, the left embraces unprovable "theories".

​From the article:

No studies have found specific "gay genes" that reliably make someone gay. 

So another "theory" just like evolution...rooted in science...lol.

The right actually embraces science, the left embraces unprovable "theories".

riiiiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhht.  

We laugh and mock what we do not understand.  It's okay, you know what they say is bliss ;)

I don't know what makes people gay. I thought they were born that way being deprived of some gene. I have heard most can tell you they felt the attraction way before puberty. This by no means makes me an expert, just going on what I have heard and read. One has to admit that some of the gays appear to be missing something.....have a certain look about them. I have a hard time thinking that a heterosexual man just out of the clear blue, ups and decides to start dating men.

I don't know what makes people gay. I thought they were born that way being deprived of some gene. I have heard most can tell you they felt the attraction way before puberty. This by no means makes me an expert, just going on what I have heard and read. One has to admit that some of the gays appear to be missing something.....have a certain look about them. I have a hard time thinking that a heterosexual man just out of the clear blue, ups and decides to start dating men.

I'm no scientist either.  But I completely get what you are saying and couldn't agree more.  I think this was bullets' point as well.  

You two don't hurt yourselves trying to get a grasp of science.  FoxNews and Rush will tell you all you need to know ;)

​Using a Big Girl tactic...slam FoxNews...lol.

I have already pointed out how bogus your "science" was...no scientific evidence at all to back it up.

Try to make a mature argument without attempting to demean the other side...every debate doesn't have to be like UT/A&M back and forth gaffs.

I would like for those who support the "born gay" theory ( I am not fully convinced either way) if they believe transgenders, transracials, and pedophiles were also "born that way".

Very good questions actually.  I know little to nothing about the transracial issue so I will leave it alone.  Not avoiding the issue but I have a very basic understanding of what that even is. 

The transgender issue would be very similar to the gay issue in my opinion.  You hear quite offensive that someone has lived their lives identifying completely with the other sex.  I believe most often sexual preference coincides with this.  

The pedophilia issue almost always stems from some childhood trauma, most often some sort of abuse, and very often the pedophile was molested.  Dr. James Duncan in Beaumont has extensive experience in this field and I've read some of his reports.  I would definitely separate these people from LGBTs.  There is some support that certain people are "naturally" predisposed towards this, much like an alcoholic or a compulsive gambler.  In other words, they have a predisposition that can be controlled.  I have a hard time believing that pedophiles are born that way.  And while I hope they can be rehabilitated, they would never get a chance to prove that around my children.  

Me & my phone at odds today, so this is a disclaimer and apology if I screw up the thread.  

Not sure @ the science, but I'll draw on life experiences.  I do believe a few are born gay - in my youth (about the time most of your G'pa's were young lol), my folks kept a cat around   Once we got two males from same litter.  Not only were they gay, but were practicing incest.  Of all the animals I've been around, this was the only deviant behavior I've seen (except for my friends dog who loved boys legs, but that's another story). It's not much to go on, but I'm convinced.  But, I don't think most the folks claiming to be gay were born that way.  

Now, if science is right about the theory of evolution, how is that relevant here?   Best as I can tell, the main function of all animals, insects, etc, is to reproduce.  If that's so, why would Mother Nature create so many  humans that don't (don't even want to go thru the motions much less have children)?

i would guess 90% are gay by choice  .  Just IMO, but if I'm missing something, let me know.  Even old redneck country boys can still learn.