The conservative case for gay marriage

bullets13

I think everyone should be married hell misery loves company right.  

Reminds me of Kinky Friedman's response when he was asked this question when running for governor years back.  It was something to the effect of "hell yes gays should be able to get married.  They have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us!"

It's unfair to call conservatives hypocritical for supporting taxation, school choices, etc. but objecting to sinful union. Furthermore, I think it's quite degrading to lump same sex marriage (a sinful life style) with other civil rights issues such as race relations, gender equality, etc.

We are on a very slippery slope (possibly blasphemous) to make these types of laws and still continue to claim to be one nation under God.

The fed gov should have nothing to say about marriage (like so many other things, leave it to the states) if you don't like your state's stance on marriage, work to change it or move.

Should a state be able to rule interracial marriage illegal again?  Was it okay that the Supreme Court made that legal in 1967, or were they overreaching then, too? 

It's unfair to call conservatives hypocritical for supporting taxation, school choices, etc. but objecting to sinful union. Furthermore, I think it's quite degrading to lump same sex marriage (a sinful life style) with other civil rights issues such as race relations, gender equality, etc.

We are on a very slippery slope (possibly blasphemous) to make these types of laws and still continue to claim to be one nation under God.

I'd be much more concerned about living in a country where religion is able to dictate the rights of those who do not adhere to their beliefs.

Should a state be able to rule interracial marriage illegal again?  Was it okay that the Supreme Court made that legal in 1967, or were they overreaching then, too? 

Not allowing interracial marriage is a violation of civil rights...not allowing gay marriage is not putting a stamp of approval on deviant behavior.

Not allowing interracial marriage is a violation of civil rights...not allowing gay marriage is not putting a stamp of approval on deviant behavior.

Unfortunately for those of your belief system, yours opinion has become an antiquated viewpoint.

Edited by bullets13

Oh well, I'll stick with it...Christianity may be less popular, but that's no reflection on Christ... Only on our culture..

It's legal in most of the civilized world.  You know who is as fanatically against it as conservative Christians, though?  ISIS.  Kinda ironic if you ask me.

Edited by bullets13

It's legal in most of the civilized world.  You know who is as fanatically against it as conservative Christians, though?  ISIS.  Kinda ironic if you ask me.

What you don't get is that I simply don't approve of it...don't hate anyone over it or want them to be punished...I simply disagree..

Don't really care that my opinion is antiquated... It is right.

​Another unfair comparison to label scripture supporting conservatives with hate and discrimination

I'm not talking about scripture supporting conservatives.  I'm talking about the large number of supposed Christians I've seen who are advocating hate and descrimination.  I've seen plenty of Christians who are against gay marriage who are not doing this, but plenty who are.