The conservative case for gay marriage

bullets13

A perfect example of Christian hypocrisy:  Sarah Palin continues to slam gay marriage based on religious views, which is not surprising.  What is surprising is that she has remained quiet on children born out of wedlock.  Why is this important?  Because her daughter just announced two days ago that she is pregnant with her SECOND such child.

Come on, Bullets.  Being born out of wedlock seems to be the norm in society today.  The numbers are pretty compelling.  Is that a result of religous hyprocrisy or a result of progressivism?  I would guess that if she had changed her sex or race instead of getting pregnant, those who criticize her would be celebrating her for her "courage".

Edited by stevenash

Per Bristol... "I don't want any lectures, and I don't need any sympathy."

i guess the Palin family is only allowed to dish out the lectures on holiness and purity, but not allowed to be subjected to them.

​i told yall bout the Palin family while I was living in Alaska. Its funny that Bristol preached about abstinence & babies out of wedlock lol. The Palins are the Alaskan version of the Kardashians and thats being nice compared to what most Alaskans call them. 

Come on, Bullets.  Being born out of wedlock seems to be the norm in society today.  The numbers are pretty compelling.  Is that a result of religous hyprocrisy or a result of progressivism?  I would guess that if she had changed her sex or race instead of getting pregnant, those who criticize her would be celebrating her for her "courage".

Not sure Nash.  I'm okay with it being one or the other, but it can't be both. It sure seems like the category it fits in depends on which group is perpetrating the action.  

I see a lot of Christians being hateful judgemental etc. As A Christian I hold my views. BUT you'll never see me telling someone there going to hell won't be accepted into the kingdom etc. As if God made them head Judge. Honestly it's like Christians forgot what really matters. Its like what non believer who consider picking up a Bible after hearing such hate. I'm not saying being gay is right or wrong I'm just saying God loves us all.  And we should all do our part in  bringing more to Christ . I'm sure God would want all in a house of worship. Its a big difference between aye how bout we pray together about it. Then your going to burn in hell.....And yes I'm as straight as it gets. 

​I am going to guess that you know, but don't want to say the answer

She's as hypocritical as they come, and her mom is one of the conservative Christians favorite talking heads.  Whether she would be  praised by the left for doing one of the other things you mentioned is pretty irrelevant, just as anything coming out of her or her mom's mouth should be. 

I was suggesting that the very large number of illegitimate births in this country is a result of an overly permissive society which can, to a large extent, be credited to the "progressive" movement.  I was suggesting that it is "fashionable" these days to belittle/demean Christian Conservatives by those who claim they are the very definition of tolerance.

I can't speak for Sarah Palin but she may just view things the way I do. I have two daughters whom conceived out of wedlock. I was disappointed but loved them no less and support them in everything they do. We've been blessed with grandkids. However, it has not changed my premarital beliefs one bit. Does this make me a hypocrite? 

I can't speak for Sarah Palin but she may just view things the way I do. I have two daughters whom conceived out of wedlock. I was disappointed but loved them no less and support them in everything they do. We've been blessed with grandkids. However, it has not changed my premarital beliefs one bit. Does this make me a hypocrite? 

​no, you care bout your Fam but you have your beliefs. 

Absolutely not....I made bad decisions as a young man and I had great parents.

Being a Christian and not being perfect (none of us are) does not make one a hypocrite.

Of course not. Now if you were a political mouthpiece who ignored what was going on in your own family while pretty much exclusively railing against another sexual sin, then it would.  

If your on your high horse telling everyone else what is acceptable and not without acknowledging  or ignoring your on downfall on the same issues I'll call that a hypocrite. You already acknowledged so no mat your not a hypocrite.

​Then Al Gore, riding in a private jet and living in a number of large home, talking about global warming, is hypocritical?

As a Christian I have no right to judge others and because of my beliefs I know we all will answer for what we have done and in some cases not done. I think the idea of marriage came from the bible and the process performed in the JP's office is a legal binding of two people and the word marriage is like somebody asking for a Kleenex when they just want a tissue.  Maybe the government should take the word marriage out of the phrase "Marriage License" and change it to "Domestic Partnership License". LOL...Church can call it Marriage and the government can call it a partnership and all can be happy and If a church see's fit to perform a same sex marriage...well that is their prerogative and goes back to my opening statement. I have several friends that are Gay or Lesbian and I am proud to call them my friends but as they know their lifestyle or way of life is not mine and we have lines we do not cross in discussion, not to say we never talk about it but never in a judgmental tone and certainly not with fire and brimstone.  The most important thing I have to remember is that because of my Christianity...God loves us all the same not matter what but is that in no way relieves me from the consequences of my actions. That being said...I am very busy trying deal with my own issues of living in a glass house.