The conservative case for gay marriage

bullets13

Why not?  She doesn't have any problem berating others publicly that don't conform to her belief systems. 

​I will tell you why not bulletts, because two wrongs never ever make a right...If you are talking Christianity and I think we are...God frowns equally on the one who judges as the one sinning maybe even more on the individual being judgmental since they two have sin in their life. It's one thing to shout from the mountain top what you believe its a whole other thing to look down and be judgmental and hypocritical in the process.   

A perfect example of Christian hypocrisy:  Sarah Palin continues to slam gay marriage based on religious views, which is not surprising.  What is surprising is that she has remained quiet on children born out of wedlock.  Why is this important?  Because her daughter just announced two days ago that she is pregnant with her SECOND such child.

​Odd that you only bring up Palin and not the top Democrats when talking about gay marriage / being a hypocrite.

This is the hidden content, please

​Odd that you only bring up Palin and not the top Democrats when talking about gay marriage / being a hypocrite.

You guys can never just admit when the right is wrong it's bashing the left 24/7. Bring up something not to flattering about the right and you get no answer just a whole lot of ducking like this. Smh but everyone else is the one wearing blinders huh.

Again name me a politician who's been in Washington awhile and hasn't changed views on issues.  Stop reaching. 

​This is about Palin being called a hypocrite when her views have never changed on this...I simply pointed out true hypocrites on gay marriage.

By the way, Ron Paul, to answer your question.

You guys can never just admit when the right is wrong it's bashing the left 24/7. Bring up something not to flattering about the right and you get no answer just a whole lot of ducking like this. Smh but everyone else is the one wearing blinders huh.

​How is the right wrong on this, because the SC said so...lol.

The SC has also ruled the killing of innocents legal...wrong again.

​This is about Palin being called a hypocrite when her views have never changed on this...I simply pointed out true hypocrites on gay marriage.

By the way, Ron Paul, to answer your question.

Lol true Republican true Christians true Muslims true hypocrites when will it end. And no way more than Ron Paul.

Dude your lost I'm simply talking about Palin. 

I think you should re read this thread. 

​Don't need to read it...it was a bogus and dumb point to start with.

Palin was called a hypocrite for not speaking out about her unwed pregnant daughter but still has the nerve to not approve gay marriage.

That doesn't make her a hypocrite but bullets doesn't like her so in his mind, she is.

Dumb point.

And several (including yourself) decided to pile on...that is pretty much the nonsensical thread.

I'm not a proponent of gay marriage, but it's out of my hands.  

What I'm concerned about, will the Govt try to force Religions/Pastors that are against it, to perform these weddings?  

Id really like y'all's input on this. 

I'm not a proponent of gay marriage, but it's out of my hands.  

What I'm concerned about, will the Govt try to force Religions/Pastors that are against it, to perform these weddings?  

Id really like y'all's input on this. 

​It's coming...waiting for the first church to be sued for not allowing a gay marriage.

They don't want our beliefs forced on them, (which we don't, simply find a willing church or start your own with like-minded folks) but don't mind forcing theirs on us.

Edited by LumRaiderFan

This weekend I saw my kid get smoked down because the umpire was calling a crap zone...and it was a crap zone...he got rang up two AB's in a row and on the third he swung at a low outside pitch that had been called a strike previously and flared the ball to the short stop as he is a left handed batter.  I saw the coach after the game come up and talk to him for a few...later I asked what he said. My son said, "don't let what you cant control effect how you handle the things you can control and the things you can't control just have to water off a ducks back"...how true that is guys...First, why get all bowed up about what Sarah Palin says because you have zero chance of controlling what she says. Number two, if you let the things being said control your actions or words than its a double loss. If you want to make a statement about the issue at hand than make it but let it be your statement and not a response to the cycle of rhetoric. JMO    

Good post.......

As a Republican, I wish more of us would discuss an issue without bringing up something the left does as justification. The RIGHT is not always right.....we get things wrong. I personally think we stood too firm on Gay rights, but I think we caved on the Confederate flag.....

The point is, we are continually ARGUING with the other side, which gets us no where.......we need to be DISCUSSING things......and trying to understand the other sides view.....don't have to agree, just need to understand

Good post.......

As a Republican, I wish more of us would discuss an issue without bringing up something the left does as justification. The RIGHT is not always right.....we get things wrong. I personally think we stood too firm on Gay rights, but I think we caved on the Confederate flag.....

The point is, we are continually ARGUING with the other side, which gets us no where.......we need to be DISCUSSING things......and trying to understand the other sides view.....don't have to agree, just need to understand

​some folks (republicans) may not like this post. 

*grabs popcorn out the cabinet* 

Good post.......

​My main point on most subjects like this is that neither gay marriage or the Confederate Flag or a million other things should be decided at the federal level...it's a state decision.

Each state can decided it's own solutions and if you don't like it, work to change it or move to one of the other 49 (or 56 if you're Obama).

Edited by LumRaiderFan

​My main point on most subjects like this is that neither gay marriage or the Confederate Flag or a million other things should be decided at the federal level...it's a state decision.

Each state can decided it's own solutions and if you don't like it, work to change it or move to one of the other 49 (or 56 if you're Obama).

I don't disagree

I was mainly talking about bringing other examples to justify our points. My post was not directed at you or any one person. 

I don't disagree

I was mainly talking about bringing other examples to justify our points. My post was not directed at you or any one person

​No problem...I didn't take it that way.

I think too often many have a problem and automatically look to the fed gov for a fix, when they are causing / worsening the problem in the first place.

We are very capable of deciding who gets married and which flags to fly here in Texas (as are all other states) without meddling from the fed gov.

Good post.......

​I consider myself conservative and a Republican and I agree.  As far as gay marriage, if they want to get married let them.  I don't have an objection to it.  As far as what God thinks about that, that is up to HIM, it is not our place to pass judgement in HIS name.  The more happy people, the better IMO. (gay or straight). Everyone seems to be pretty miserable lately for the wrong reasons.