Beaumont ISD Coaching Spot

No way to either of those. One is just a bad move the other is nowhere NEAR ready for this caliber of job.  Tremaine Hancock COULD be a darkhorse candidate for this one too.

Why not Coach ANTHONY Boutte...do you care to explain or enter a debate with me against 5 years of experience in public school education(ALL 5 years at 6A programs; 2 years at PAMHS, 2 years at Desoto High School in which they lost in the state semi-finals, and going into his 2nd year at Spring Dekaney High School)...let's not forget, he coached under 2 state championship winning coaches in Terrell Henderson/Chris Dyer, and a state finalist coach in Travis Williams...the way he has DOMINATED freshman basketball on the "6A LEVEL" is UNFAIR to his competitors to say the LEAST!!! He's very INTELLIGENT, always has been since he was a STUDENT-athlete(National Honor Society, Magna Cum Lade Graduate & 2 sport athlete in high school where he did nothing but WIN, beat Brian English by 40 points his junior and senior year...I put that out there for the Brian English fans, great coach however, understand he is like 3-27 ALLTIME vs Boutte Sr. and the one year he did beat Ozen and Central, OZEN was in the regional tourney while VIdor was in the montage center watching)<- SO PLEASE stop claiming Brian English as the Coach K or Bo Ryan of Texas High School Basketball, he has NO EXPERIENCE in the REGIONAL tourney & he had a 6'8" Division 1 player in 2004 with a good supporting crew and the best he did was the 2nd Round of the playoffs, do your research on Brian English PLEASE. He is the SON OF LEGENDARY ANDRE BOUTTE SR. with the ability to reach out to coaches that he has built close relationships with like HALL OF FAME COACH JAMES GAMBLE for any situation YOU feel he is not ready for...get off LITTLE BOUTTE's back, he's only your NEPHEW that you do nothing but speak NEGATIVE about EVERYTIME he is mentioned; he's only 26 years of age, a GREAT FATHER, something that MOST MEN BOTH YOUNG AND OLDER MEN LACK; Coach ANTHONY Boutte is not perfect by no means, HOWEVER, he's a perfect hire for this job and when he does get opportunity WHEREVER it may be because he will get an opportunity here soon even if it is off the legacy his father built...He will make a GREAT COACH & EVERYONE THAT KNOWS HIM LIKE YOU DO, KNOWS ALL OF THESE THINGS AS WELL.  In closing, he has a MASTER's degree in EDUCATION with PRINCIPAL CERTIFICATION...therefore YOU may feel like he is not ready BUT he is DEFINITELY QUALIFIED for the position according to the TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY, & many people like YOURSELF can not say the same!!! IF ANY OF THIS INFORMATION IS FALSE OR MISLEADING, POST YOUR TEACHING CERTIFICATE, I CAN EASILY POST HIS IF YOU WOULD LIKE & YOURS IF NEED BE!!! "I support ANTHONY BOUTTE SR., great guy, positive, and ALWAYS uplifting...whoever is blessed with the job will have success, HOWEVER, belittling ANTHONY BOUTTE SR. is a cowardly ACT because EVERYONE knows what kind of MAN he is.

Edited by ozensfinest

Why not Coach ANTHONY Boutte...do you care to explain or enter a debate with me against 5 years of experience in public school education(ALL 5 years at 6A programs; 2 years at PAMHS, 2 years at Desoto High School in which they lost in the state semi-finals, and going into his 2nd year at Spring Dekaney High School)...let's not forget, he coached under 2 state championship winning coaches in Terrell Henderson/Chris Dyer, and a state finalist coach in Travis Williams...the way he has DOMINATED freshman basketball on the "6A LEVEL" is UNFAIR to his competitors to say the LEAST!!! He's very INTELLIGENT, always has been since he was a STUDENT-athlete(National Honor Society, Magna Cum Lade Graduate & 2 sport athlete in high school where he did nothing but WIN, beat Brian English by 40 points his junior and senior year...I put that out there for the Brian English fans, great coach however, understand he is like 3-27 ALLTIME vs Boutte Sr. and the one year he did beat Ozen and Central, OZEN was in the regional tourney while VIdor was in the montage center watching)<- SO PLEASE stop claiming Brian English as the Coach K or Bo Ryan of Texas High School Basketball, he has NO EXPERIENCE in the REGIONAL tourney & he had a 6'8" Division 1 player in 2004 with a good supporting crew and the best he did was the 2nd Round of the playoffs, do your research on Brian English PLEASE. He is the SON OF LEGENDARY ANDRE BOUTTE SR. with the ability to reach out to coaches that he has built close relationships with like HALL OF FAME COACH JAMES GAMBLE for any situation YOU feel he is not ready for...get off LITTLE BOUTTE's back, he's only your NEPHEW that you do nothing but speak NEGATIVE about EVERYTIME he is mentioned; he's only 26 years of age, a GREAT FATHER, something that MOST MEN BOTH YOUNG AND OLDER MEN LACK; Coach ANTHONY Boutte is not perfect by no means, HOWEVER, he's a perfect hire for this job and when he does get opportunity WHEREVER it may be because he will get an opportunity here soon even if it is off the legacy his father built...He will make a GREAT COACH & EVERYONE THAT KNOWS HIM LIKE YOU DO, KNOWS ALL OF THESE THINGS AS WELL.  In closing, he has a MASTER's degree in EDUCATION with PRINCIPAL CERTIFICATION...therefore YOU may feel like he is not ready BUT he is DEFINITELY QUALIFIED for the position according to the TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY, & many people like YOURSELF can not say the same!!! IF ANY OF THIS INFORMATION IS FALSE OR MISLEADING, POST YOUR TEACHING CERTIFICATE, I CAN EASILY POST HIS IF YOU WOULD LIKE & YOURS IF NEED BE!!! "I support ANTHONY BOUTTE SR., great guy, positive, and ALWAYS uplifting...whoever is blessed with the job will have success, HOWEVER, belittling ANTHONY BOUTTE SR. is a cowardly ACT because EVERYONE knows what kind of MAN he is.​

1) Since your a research kind of guy, tell me how many players from Ozen have gone on to play basketball at the next level or further compared to Vidor and Nederland combined?  Then tell me if Nederland made it to the regional tourney in 2011 and 2014?  

2) Tell me why you got so much hate toward Brian English, this guy has gone to 2 different schools that were known for getting there asses kicked to eventually competing and beating some of the top teams in the area? Live in the past with records if you want but there is no question what he has accomplished at Nederland is pretty special.  

3) If Anthony Boutte is the coach you say he is,I heard Vidor is looking for a coach, tell him to go get that job and see how easy it is.......      FYI  Brian English is lowest paid head boys basketball coach in the area regardless of classification (1A-6A)

I am surprised no mention of how A. Boutte has gotten along with the 3 coaches he has worked for. Heard he didn't get along with 100% of em. One reason for so many schools in such a short time. 

Since we bringing out certifications. 

​Per conversation with Terrell Henderson, he is a GREAT fan of A. Boutte and his work ethics as a coach.  He has an aggressive demeanor about himself and is extremely confident in his abilities as a PROFESSIONAL.  Coach Travis Williams also endorses the entire Boutte family in a positive way; as for his relationship with Chris Dyer, please don't be blind to the treatment he received while being the freshman coordinator there winning the district both years he was there, the local freshman tournaments, and willingly completing scouting duties where he has had the opportunity to see that region of basketball that matters when you are competing for championships. Coach Dyer did not even allow Lil Boutte to sit on his bench in the state tournament although he allowed the 8th grade basketball coach which is now the freshman coordinator there opportunity to gain that experience...it does not take a genius to know that BOUTTE SR. beat Coach Dyer in the state semi final game in 1991 ate the age of 27 in which obviously left a bitter taste in Coach Dyer's mouth when there is a debate of who was the BEST to do it. So, how else to you try to take a shot at BOUTTE SR when he is not in coaching any longer; take a shot at his son!!! BOUTTE SR. is the greatest Texas High School Coach to ever coach the game of basketball in the state of TEXAS. Look at his successes, the numbers are over whelming and if you do not agree with it, you are just not a realist/a BOUTTE hater.  However, opinions are rights that everyone has, certifications was brought out to show regardless of rumors, Anthony Boutte is qualified by the state to obtain a leadership position such as the new head basketball coach for any program.  Lastly, he went to Desoto in anticipation of being there for the arrival of his son in Arlington, Texas in which every time you see Anthony Boutte whether it is at a NBA game or the fish pond; Anthony Boutte Jr. is there with him.  "Fred Williams=Travis Williams...Robert Hughes Sr=Robert Hughes Jr...Goree Johnson=Snoop and Rod" <~ ALL second generation head basketball coaches following there father, so why would one think the Andre Boutte Sr. will not=Anthony Boutte Sr.'s successes as a basketball coach; is it because he went to arguably one one of the BEST PROGRAMS in the state of Texas to learn from a multi championship head coach in Chris Dyer because he felt like he has learned as much as he could from Henderson, Williams, BOUTTE SR., and GAMBLE...so, bash him with he has been to a lot of places in a short time...MOST PEOPLE could NEVER land those jobs as the freshman coach in those PROGRAMS if they WANTED TOO.  The only thing Anthony Boutte Sr. lacks is actual HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE, so when or how does he EARN his opportunity should be the question because he is MORE THAN QUALIFIED and has 5 years of experience as an assistant coach on the "6A" LEVEL???

1) Since your a research kind of guy, tell me how many players from Ozen have gone on to play basketball at the next level or further compared to Vidor and Nederland combined?  Then tell me if Nederland made it to the regional tourney in 2011 and 2014?  

2) Tell me why you got so much hate toward Brian English, this guy has gone to 2 different schools that were known for getting there asses kicked to eventually competing and beating some of the top teams in the area? Live in the past with records if you want but there is no question what he has accomplished at Nederland is pretty special.  

3) If Anthony Boutte is the coach you say he is,I heard Vidor is looking for a coach, tell him to go get that job and see how easy it is.......      FYI  Brian English is lowest paid head boys basketball coach in the area regardless of classification (1A-6A)

​I'm not big on research, however, no regional tournament experience meaning he has NEVER won a regional tournament game. Bridge City was a powerhouse, I'm talking top 3 in the state with Beaumont Hebert, and battling with Boutte SR as a player in the early 80's so to assume that there is no talent at those 2 schools English was at according to the cultural diversity of the population that makes up those 2 schools is IGNORANCE. Coach English is a good coach, however, do not discredit those kids at those schools as if they are not skilled with great resources and opportunities to become great basketball players. If I'm not mistaken, a kid just went and played as a FRESHMAN Division 1 from Nederland High School just this past season.  Also, to answer your question about Division 1 athletes to come out of Beaumont OZEN for basketball purposes, its been TWO which is Kris Richards 07' and Jason Dabney 02', until this past year with Jordan Hunter that transferred in to OZEN from Hampshire Fannett.  That is what made BOUTTE SR so great, he won with kids that were left overs from the football picks or that was great football players but decent basketball players.  I'm not even speaking on Kendrick Perkins and the successes they had at Beaumont Ozen because it will never be done again, however the development that Perkins made from middle school to high school can be accredited to how great of a coach BOUTTE SR will always be.  Coach BOU emphasis on all his PROGRAMS were the fundamentals of the game of basketball and LIFE. That is why those of us who has been fortunate to experience those teachings and the LOVE that came with it wants to see another BOUTTE in the leadership role of being a head basketball coach one day.  I understand you lobbying for a pay increase for Coach English, however, coaching/teaching/education salaries are district based and the pay is not that great across the board in high school basketball.  That is why Anthony Boutte is in this PROFESSION for the right reasons which is his PASSION FOR WORKING WITH KIDS AND A TRUE LOVE FOR THE GAME OF BASKETBALL.  "I honestly do not think Anthony Boutte Sr. would have an issue proving himself at Vidor High School being the kind of genuine good guy that he is.  However, we both know Vidor High School has not reached out to BOUTTE SR., nor Lil  Boutte to fill that position, and will NOT for whatever reasons that they are entitled to have."

Edited by ozensfinest

I just received a phone call from my frat brother and close friend ANTHONY BOUTTE SR asking me to not debate or try to defend his father or himself on here any longer.  I still reserve the right to feel as though it is shameful for SETX to attempt to discredit the entire BOUTTE family in ANY capacity when they have been nothing but helpful and genuine people to us all. 

The truth is the truth...no one is belittling anyone here. It's all about EXPERIENCE and READINESS for the position. I don't bite my tongue about it. Honestly I think Anthony would have been great at WOS...it would be a great place to start for him. But to be thrown in CENTRAL is a bit much in my opinion.  Now if you want to debate further, you know my number....Anthony.

​I'm not big on research, however, no regional tournament experience meaning he has NEVER won a regional tournament game. Bridge City was a powerhouse, I'm talking top 3 in the state with Beaumont Hebert, and battling with Boutte SR as a player in the early 80's so to assume that there is no talent at those 2 schools English was at according to the cultural diversity of the population that makes up those 2 schools is IGNORANCE. Coach English is a good coach, however, do not discredit those kids at those schools as if they are not skilled with great resources and opportunities to become great basketball players. If I'm not mistaken, a kid just went and played as a FRESHMAN Division 1 from Nederland High School just this past season.  Also, to answer your question about Division 1 athletes to come out of Beaumont OZEN for basketball purposes, its been TWO which is Kris Richards 07' and Jason Dabney 02', until this past year with Jordan Hunter that transferred in to OZEN from Hampshire Fannett.  That is what made BOUTTE SR so great, he won with kids that were left overs from the football picks or that was great football players but decent basketball players.  I'm not even speaking on Kendrick Perkins and the successes they had at Beaumont Ozen because it will never be done again, however the development that Perkins made from middle school to high school can be accredited to how great of a coach BOUTTE SR will always be.  Coach BOU emphasis on all his PROGRAMS were the fundamentals of the game of basketball and LIFE. That is why those of us who has been fortunate to experience those teachings and the LOVE that came with it wants to see another BOUTTE in the leadership role of being a head basketball coach one day.  I understand you lobbying for a pay increase for Coach English, however, coaching/teaching/education salaries are district based and the pay is not that great across the board in high school basketball.  That is why Anthony Boutte is in this PROFESSION for the right reasons which is his PASSION FOR WORKING WITH KIDS AND A TRUE LOVE FOR THE GAME OF BASKETBALL.  "I honestly do not think Anthony Boutte Sr. would have an issue proving himself at Vidor High School being the kind of genuine good guy that he is.  However, we both know Vidor High School has not reached out to BOUTTE SR., nor Lil  Boutte to fill that position, and will NOT for whatever reasons that they are entitled to have."

​English has won a regional tourney game. How would he have coached in regional final a couple of years ago?

Edited by AggiesAreWe

I just received a phone call from my frat brother and close friend ANTHONY BOUTTE SR asking me to not debate or try to defend his father or himself on here any longer.  I still reserve the right to feel as though it is shameful for SETX to attempt to discredit the entire BOUTTE family in ANY capacity when they have been nothing but helpful and genuine people to us all. 

​Where has anyone attempted to discredit the entire Boutte family?

Stating that Andre is the greatest high school coach in Texas history is a matter of opinion. Although I love Andre and put him up there among the best, I can name several coaches that have accomplished more in Texas high school basketball history.

The truth is the truth...no one is belittling anyone here. It's all about EXPERIENCE and READINESS for the position. I don't bite my tongue about it. Honestly I think Anthony would have been great at WOS...it would be a great place to start for him. But to be thrown in CENTRAL is a bit much in my opinion.  Now if you want to debate further, you know my number....Anthony.

​Just stop hating on your nephew Walt...

Why not Coach ANTHONY Boutte...do you care to explain or enter a debate with me against 5 years of experience in public school education(ALL 5 years at 6A programs; 2 years at PAMHS, 2 years at Desoto High School in which they lost in the state semi-finals, and going into his 2nd year at Spring Dekaney High School)...let's not forget, he coached under 2 state championship winning coaches in Terrell Henderson/Chris Dyer, and a state finalist coach in Travis Williams...the way he has DOMINATED freshman basketball on the "6A LEVEL" is UNFAIR to his competitors to say the LEAST!!! He's very INTELLIGENT, always has been since he was a STUDENT-athlete(National Honor Society, Magna Cum Lade Graduate & 2 sport athlete in high school where he did nothing but WIN, beat Brian English by 40 points his junior and senior year...I put that out there for the Brian English fans, great coach however, understand he is like 3-27 ALLTIME vs Boutte Sr. and the one year he did beat Ozen and Central, OZEN was in the regional tourney while VIdor was in the montage center watching)<- SO PLEASE stop claiming Brian English as the Coach K or Bo Ryan of Texas High School Basketball, he has NO EXPERIENCE in the REGIONAL tourney & he had a 6'8" Division 1 player in 2004 with a good supporting crew and the best he did was the 2nd Round of the playoffs, do your research on Brian English PLEASE. He is the SON OF LEGENDARY ANDRE BOUTTE SR. with the ability to reach out to coaches that he has built close relationships with like HALL OF FAME COACH JAMES GAMBLE for any situation YOU feel he is not ready for...get off LITTLE BOUTTE's back, he's only your NEPHEW that you do nothing but speak NEGATIVE about EVERYTIME he is mentioned; he's only 26 years of age, a GREAT FATHER, something that MOST MEN BOTH YOUNG AND OLDER MEN LACK; Coach ANTHONY Boutte is not perfect by no means, HOWEVER, he's a perfect hire for this job and when he does get opportunity WHEREVER it may be because he will get an opportunity here soon even if it is off the legacy his father built...He will make a GREAT COACH & EVERYONE THAT KNOWS HIM LIKE YOU DO, KNOWS ALL OF THESE THINGS AS WELL.  In closing, he has a MASTER's degree in EDUCATION with PRINCIPAL CERTIFICATION...therefore YOU may feel like he is not ready BUT he is DEFINITELY QUALIFIED for the position according to the TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY, & many people like YOURSELF can not say the same!!! IF ANY OF THIS INFORMATION IS FALSE OR MISLEADING, POST YOUR TEACHING CERTIFICATE, I CAN EASILY POST HIS IF YOU WOULD LIKE & YOURS IF NEED BE!!! "I support ANTHONY BOUTTE SR., great guy, positive, and ALWAYS uplifting...whoever is blessed with the job will have success, HOWEVER, belittling ANTHONY BOUTTE SR. is a cowardly ACT because EVERYONE knows what kind of MAN he is.

Yes sir I like that. Anthony Boutte is very qualified for this position. All the negative people can keep quiet now. 

You should never think more of yourself than others do.  It's ok, I know you're young and I've been there, but the quickest way to turn people against you is to have a higher thought of self than others do. These past few years should be evidence of that. Just a nugget of wisdom.

​And you shouldn't hate on your nephew nor be jealous of him or Bouttee. You should be cheering your nephew on instead of saying he isn't ready for the job...and you've still yet to explain why you feel he isn't ready for the Central job.

Edited by ozensfinest

Im Sorry but when in this thread did anybody come out and discredit this guy you are trying to promote? This is a matter of opinion board, all some said was that there were others applying for the job that had more head coaching experience.  If anybody discredited anybody it was you trying to compare Brian English and the Boutte family success against him to belittle everything he has done!?