Beaumont ISD Coaching Spot

That would be a great hire! Im quite sure his father (Living Legend) gave him the X' & O's to be a great coach. Anthony just gotta prove he can be a great coach like his father. Central have  the pieces to win State.

​If this is the same guy that coaches SBG AAU team, then that would not be a "great" hire? The guy has already made enemies because of his conduct while coaching AAU. Why would they hire someone to be a Head coach who has no experience coaching in a school setting? 

​If this is the same guy that coaches SBG AAU team, then that would not be a "great" hire? The guy has already made enemies because of his conduct while coaching AAU. Why would they hire someone to be a Head coach who has no experience coaching in a school setting? 

They wouldn't.  

Not the same son. 

93 I don't know anything about him making enemies on the AAU Circuit that's something new to me. But just because he doesn't have no experience as a head coach or school setting means nothing. I'm quite sure his father would be willing to help him as much as possible.  We all gotta start from somewhere! 

High school clubs have an entirely different make up than the AAU clubs. A 5-A head coaching position is not a good fit for a 1st year coach. No disrespect to the guys that carry the summer teams around but there is a lot of individual play in those games and not a lot of coaching. I would think the Central job would attract a who's who list of applicants. There are some really good ones out there. The guy in WOS would be a GREAT fit !!!

You can't run an AAU system in high school. The talent level in high school is too widely diverse,

Can you give me an example of an "AAU system". I'm curious.  It's been a couple of summers...but the last time I saw any AAU ball it looked an awful lot like what I consider street ball. They went 5 wide on offense or 4 low and took turns trying to score on their defender using a 1 on 1 move. Most of the time it was whoever had the ball when it came across half court. Unless someone could get a fast break dunk in transition.  Zero defense from any person other than whoever was guarding the ball. Don't get me wrong...I know the game has changed tremendously and I have no problem with it. 

But it if that's what "can't be done" in high school, then I disagree. Unless you're speaking of a different "system". So..enlighten me. Please.

And the one I want is young....  Under 40...  Brings fire and energy...  Plus he is very familiar with the kids, especially the underclassmen last year that will be on varsity next year.... He's more than capable of getting the job done....

​And he pays them money for 3-point shots.  The UIL should love that

​This is what I was told.

Believe it when I see it. If happens, will be highly disappointed in BISD.

Ditto.  I wouldn't be shocked if this is the direction some try to go.  What would absolutely shock me is this decision getting through the board of managers.   I can't imagine them stamping approval on that decision if that's where they try to go.