Wow. Cornell Thompson Has Filed Again Against Trey Baldwin

I didn't talk to the judge himself dumbarse. Smh I talked to his office. And I love how when I say something about a judge you pull this "I doubt he would talk to you about a minors case" but you didn't say shi* to the other guy.

First of all, you didn't talk to "him" because the judge is a "her." Second of all, they aren't going to talk to you but they would me because I am a lawyer. Third, as far as proof beside my word, I can produce a certified copy of the court order with a specific finding that the transfer was not for "athletic reasons." I was told directly by his attorney's office that said finding was included at the direct instruction from the Judge. I am so confident I can produce this order that I will deposit $1000 with AggiesAreWe if you do the same. If I can, I win the dough. If I can't, you win. So now the question is how confident are you that I am making this stuff up?

That's the response I figured you'd come back with. Of course you don't know anyone or you'd be quick to name drop. Of course you don't understand how the UIL deals with athletic transfers or you wouldn't be spouting off on SETX.com. Of course you want to bring the black kid/white kid issue to the forefront because everyone knows that Thompson's team was ALL white and no black kids helped out in making a title run so he can treat the black kids however he desires.... The last half of that sentence possesses sarcasm, just FYI.

I get off at 3:30 have no problem meeting you somewhere to show you. To make it fun we can bet 100$?

If you don't want to then please be quiet.

First of all, you didn't talk to "him" because the judge is a "her." Second of all, they aren't going to talk to you but they would me because I am a lawyer. Third, as far as proof beside my word, I can produce a certified copy of the court order with a specific finding that the transfer was not for "athletic reasons." I was told directly by his attorney's office that said finding was included at the direct instruction from the Judge. I am so confident I can produce this order that I will deposit $1000 with AggiesAreWe if you do the same. If I can, I win the dough. If I can't, you win. So now the question is how confident are you that I am making this stuff up?

Checkmate.

These idiots really get on here and argue about stuff they have no clue about.

And I might add that I am that confident despite not having actually seen the Order itself. That's how reliable I consider my source(s).

Like I stated, I completely understand the original ruling by the Judge. I am only asking about this new "filing" that supposedly Coach Thompson has "filed"

Doesn't make any sense.

I understand that situation. I was asking about this new "filing" by Coach Thompson that this thread is about.

A coach doesn't fill out or file new documents. He either checks box or doesn't check box on the original transfer papers.

I again ask, what new "filing"?

That part you would be in a better position to verify. All I have heard there is that Coach T is still maintaining the move is for "athletic reasons or purposes." I have not spoken with Cornel or anyone at WOSCISD directly.

And I might add that I am that confident despite not having actually seen the Order itself. That's how reliable I consider my source(s).

So you mean to tell me everything I have pretty much posted is true? Well I be damn. But some people still want to fight the truth.

That part you would be in a better position to verify. All I have heard there is that Coach T is still maintaining the move is for "athletic reasons or purposes." I have not spoken with Cornel or anyone at WOSCISD directly.

I would agree that if Cornell checked box for athletic reasons in original, then he would maintain that stance.

So, what is the need for "filing" new documents?

Like I stated, I completely understand the original ruling by the Judge. I am only asking about this new "filing" that supposedly Coach Thompson has "filed"

Doesn't make any sense.

I am guessing we are dealing with semantics here. I assume the filing discussed are the transfer papers. Originally, the district (ie Coach T) took the position it was based on athletic reasons. That is also the current position. What I don't know is if they briefly recanted and went back to the original position. That is the only way I could see it as "new."

I understand that situation. I was asking about this new "filing" by Coach Thompson that this thread is about.

A coach doesn't fill out or file new documents. He either checks box or doesn't check box on the original transfer papers.

I again ask, what new "filing"?

After it was dropped originally he went back and requested a UIL meeting on the subject yesterday, you don't just call and get one of those papers have to be filled out. This has been explained and I've been right every which turn since I started posting on this matter. Why on Earth are you trying to hang on to the wording of something so small and insignificant but you delete the post about stuff that is big like name dropping a board member?

Just stop, your probably a good guy but in this case you can't help the coach.

It's my understanding that Coach Thompson checked the box for athletic reasons on the original (and only) transfer documents.

There is no need to "file" anything new.

It is now up to the district committee in Cy Falls district to determine if Trey is eligible. Then it can go to UIL.

It is not necessary for Coach Thompson to "refile, file" any new documents.

I am guessing we are dealing with semantics here. I assume the filing discussed are the transfer papers. Originally, the district (ie Coach T) took the position it was based on athletic reasons. That is also the current position. What I don't know is if they briefly recanted and went back to the original position. That is the only way I could see it as "new."

This. I hope this settles everything.

It's my understanding that Coach Thompson checked the box for athletic reasons on the original (and only) transfer documents.

There is no need to "file" anything new.

It is now up to the district committee in Cy Falls district to determine if Trey is eligible. Then it can go to UIL.

It is not necessary for Coach Thompson to "refile, file" any new documents.

you may be right, but my source hasn't been wrong since we started this conversation. If he is then I can accept 95%.

It's my understanding that the original argument about Baldwin leaving for athletic reasons was argeed to be dropped due to the court documents, but all of a sudden Cornell decides he's not happy about that and wants to challenge the ruling. It's my understanding he had to fill out the papers again.

If that detail about refilling (filing) is wrong then forgive me but everything else has been 100% right.

No "judge" has ever had the power to decide whether a kid can or cannot play in the UIL. I'm calling BS on jktjskjtlkjtkdj53 and your lawyer buddy. Why would this be taken to the legal system? That's why there's a DEC in place. All Thompson can really do is say "hey, he moved for athletic reasons." The other teams in the kid's new district are the ones that decide if he's eligible. If there's no foul play, then he can play.

you may be right, but my source hasn't been wrong since we started this conversation. If he is then I can accept 95%.

It's my understanding that the original argument about Baldwin leaving for athletic reasons was argeed to be dropped due to the court documents, but all of a sudden Cornell decides he's not happy about that and wants to challenge the ruling. It's my understanding he had to fill out the papers again.

If that detail about refilling (filing) is wrong then forgive me but everything else has been 100% right.

Thanks for this clarification. If this is the case, it makes sense.

My apologies.

No "judge" has ever had the power to decide whether a kid can or cannot play in the UIL. I'm calling BS on jktjskjtlkjtkdj53 and your lawyer buddy. Why would this be taken to the legal system? That's why there's a DEC in place. All Thompson can really do is say "hey, he moved for athletic reasons." The other teams in the kid's new district are the ones that decide if he's eligible. If there's no foul play, then he can play.

Completely incorrect on your legal assumptions. But if you want to call BS, the same monetary offers stands for you as well ;). I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, are you?

African American kid (Johnny Shaw) misses practice a few times, his scholarship to The University of Texas is pulled, he is kicked off the team and after he gains another scholarship from Louisiana Tech, he's not allowed to sign on national signing day (a once in a lifetime thing) with his teammates because Cornell Thompson wanted to send a message.

But a white male athlete was kicked off the team and arrested for possession of weed at school, but he was allowed to participate in basketball and baseball, no extended message was needed to be sent.

Shaws offer from ut was pulled way before he missed practice,got kicked off team or any of that

And let me state again that I like Cornel Thompson and have a lot of respect for him as a coach. I believe he is as good a defensive coach as you find at the HS level. I know he claims Baldwin's father made a statement to him that made him believe the move was for athletic purposes. If so, I understand why he would check the box that he did. My involvement here is merely to confirm what happened on the legal side of this matter, and to originally confirm the transcript issue. I have no axe to grind otherwise.

Shaws offer from ut was pulled way before he missed practice,got kicked off team or any of that

This is correct. Charlie Strong immediately did an evaluation after taking the job of the existing offers/commits. He made it clear he was not going to be bound by what Mack and his staff had done there. Shaw's offer was pulled very quickly after Strong took the job, from what I understand based on his evaluation of Shaw's ability to play there.

I just spoke with Jennfier Ellis, court coordinator for Judge Mandy Rogers-White, Judge for Orange County County Court at Law.  Ms. Ellis was kind enough to look in her system and told me that no matter has ever been placed on Judge White's docket and no ruling has been issued by Judge White on ANY matter involving the West Orange-Cove CISD, who would have been a necessary defendant in any matter regarding the release of Trey Baldwin's WO-S grade transcript.  Of course, in fairness, Ms. Ellis had no access to the other County Court at Law or that of the District Courts in Orange County so she could not say it had never been ruled on,  But as far as Judge Mandy Rogers-White saying that, her own Court Coordinator says that is not the case.  TxHoops, if you do have a copy of the ruling (I don't care if it is certified on not) and can post it here, that would be extremely helpful and would clear up a lot.

And it would clear up some questions in my mind as on the face of it, such language would equal an advisory opinion by the court which is not allowed in the State of Texas, See Valley Baptist Med. Ctr. v. Gonzalez, 33 S.W.3d 821, 822 (Tex. 2000). A controversy must exist between the parties at every stage of the legal proceeding, including the appeal. Bd. of Adjustment of City of San Antonio v. Wende, 92 S.
W.3d 424, 427 (Tex. 2002); McClure v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, 147 S.W.3d 648, 651 (Tex. App.-Fort Worth 2004, pet. denied). An issue may become moot when a party seeks a ruling on some matter that, when rendered, would not have any practical legal effect on a then-existing controversy. See In re H&R Block Fin. Advisors, Inc., 262 S.W.3d 896, 900 (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 2008, orig. proceeding); City of Farmers Branch v. Ramos, 235 S.W.3d 462, 469 (Tex. App.-Dallas 2007, no pet.).

And in this case, there is, legally anyway, no existing controversy as no finding has been made by the entity that counts, the 17-6A district executive committee.  This committee determines the eligibility of ALL transferring athletes. Section 443: CHANGING SCHOOLS FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES, pg. 21, UIL District Executive Committee Manual.  In fact, a flow sheet in this same manual, shows that the "filing" that Coach Thompson made was merely filling out the portion of the PAPF form which was STARTED and FILED WITH THE 17-6A district executive committee by CY-FALLS HIGH SCHOOL. UIL District Executive Committee Manual, pg. 19. 

So Coach Thompson has blocked NOTHING he signed a form, which by the way was also signed by another district administrator in WO-C CISD, they has the box checked that Trey appeared to have moved for athletic reasons.  So he was not the only one who attempted to "block" Trey's transfer (yes, yes, enter either the Radar/Henry Blake or the Bud Kilmer exceptions here!)  All that happens is that the 17-6A holds a hearing in which both Cy-Falls and the Baldwins will be allowed to present evidence that Trey has not moved for athletic reasons.  Given that ALL of the schools in 17-6A are part of the Cypress Fairbanks ISD, I sincerely doubt that they will block Trey's ability to play.  Moreover, if the Baldwins are in possession of an order containing such language, I highly doubt that a bunch of school administrators will block that.

But I am thankful for waiting to post this missive until all of the layers of this onion have been peeled as it appears that we have finally reached the bottom of the angst toward Coach Thompson.  It is not that he is "a bully."  It is not that he "wants to only play by the rules when it benefits him."  No, these two (or 3), represent a faction that every since Coach Hooks announced his retirement wanted a black football head coach at WO-S.  This is despite the fact the support for Coach Thompson was widespread amongst all 3 municipalities, Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst and reached across racial lines.  When their efforts, which in some cases were extensive, failed at the recommendation of a BLACK superintendent and confirmation of a duly elected Board of Trustees, they have showed their pain at every turn and this is just the latest.

That is all, I am out.

The Order was not in a case against WOS but dealt with custody being transferred to Trey's father. The finding was included, I am told, at the request of the Judge herself. I do not have the Order but have been told the above. I do know that Coach T was faxed a copy of the Order. And the Order is a matter of public record and can be obtained at the Orange County District Clerk's office. Jennifer would not have known what you were talking about since it did not involve a case in which WOSCISD was a party. Further, she handles the docket and fields phone calls so was probably not privy to any conversation between the Judge, attorneys, or parties. Finally, even if she was, no court I am aware of will take phone calls from the public and discuss facts of a case, especially one dealing with a minor. However, since this does not involve a "sealed" file, any one can obtain a copy of any orders.

The Order was not in a case against WOS but dealt with custody being transferred to Trey's father. The finding was included, I am told, at the request of the Judge herself. I do not have the Order but have been told the above. I do know that Coach T was faxed a copy of the Order. And the Order is a matter of public record and can be obtained at the Orange County District Clerk's office. Jennifer would not have known what you were talking about since it did not involve a case in which WOSCISD was a party. Further, she handles the docket and fields phone calls so was probably not privy to any conversation between the Judge, attorneys, or parties. Finally, even if she was, no court I am aware of will take phone calls from the public and discuss facts of a case, especially one dealing with a minor. However, since this does not involve a "sealed" file, any one can obtain a copy of any orders.

Why are these guys still arguing?

I just spoke with Jennfier Ellis, court coordinator for Judge Mandy Rogers-White, Judge for Orange County County Court at Law. Ms. Ellis was kind enough to look in her system and told me that no matter has ever been placed on Judge White's docket and no ruling has been issued by Judge White on ANY matter involving the West Orange-Cove CISD, who would have been a necessary defendant in any matter regarding the release of Trey Baldwin's WO-S grade transcript. Of course, in fairness, Ms. Ellis had no access to the other County Court at Law or that of the District Courts in Orange County so she could not say it had never been ruled on, But as far as Judge Mandy Rogers-White saying that, her own Court Coordinator says that is not the case. TxHoops, if you do have a copy of the ruling (I don't care if it is certified on not) and can post it here, that would be extremely helpful and would clear up a lot.

And it would clear up some questions in my mind as on the face of it, such language would equal an advisory opinion by the court which is not allowed in the State of Texas, See Valley Baptist Med. Ctr. v. Gonzalez, 33 S.W.3d 821, 822 (Tex. 2000). A controversy must exist between the parties at every stage of the legal proceeding, including the appeal. Bd. of Adjustment of City of San Antonio v. Wende, 92 S.
W.3d 424, 427 (Tex. 2002); McClure v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, 147 S.W.3d 648, 651 (Tex. App.-Fort Worth 2004, pet. denied). An issue may become moot when a party seeks a ruling on some matter that, when rendered, would not have any practical legal effect on a then-existing controversy. See In re H&R Block Fin. Advisors, Inc., 262 S.W.3d 896, 900 (Tex. App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 2008, orig. proceeding); City of Farmers Branch v. Ramos, 235 S.W.3d 462, 469 (Tex. App.-Dallas 2007, no pet.).

And in this case, there is, legally anyway, no existing controversy as no finding has been made by the entity that counts, the 17-6A district executive committee. This committee determines the eligibility of ALL transferring athletes. Section 443: CHANGING SCHOOLS FOR ATHLETIC PURPOSES, pg. 21, UIL District Executive Committee Manual. In fact, a flow sheet in this same manual, shows that the "filing" that Coach Thompson made was merely filling out the portion of the PAPF form which was STARTED and FILED WITH THE 17-6A district executive committee by CY-FALLS HIGH SCHOOL. UIL District Executive Committee Manual, pg. 19.

So Coach Thompson has blocked NOTHING he signed a form, which by the way was also signed by another district administrator in WO-C CISD, they has the box checked that Trey appeared to have moved for athletic reasons. So he was not the only one who attempted to "block" Trey's transfer (yes, yes, enter either the Radar/Henry Blake or the Bud Kilmer exceptions here!) All that happens is that the 17-6A holds a hearing in which both Cy-Falls and the Baldwins will be allowed to present evidence that Trey has not moved for athletic reasons. Given that ALL of the schools in 17-6A are part of the Cypress Fairbanks ISD, I sincerely doubt that they will block Trey's ability to play. Moreover, if the Baldwins are in possession of an order containing such language, I highly doubt that a bunch of school administrators will block that.

But I am thankful for waiting to post this missive until all of the layers of this onion have been peeled as it appears that we have finally reached the bottom of the angst toward Coach Thompson. It is not that he is "a bully." It is not that he "wants to only play by the rules when it benefits him." No, these two (or 3), represent a faction that every since Coach Hooks announced his retirement wanted a black football head coach at WO-S. This is despite the fact the support for Coach Thompson was widespread amongst all 3 municipalities, Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst and reached across racial lines. When their efforts, which in some cases were extensive, failed at the recommendation of a BLACK superintendent and confirmation of a duly elected Board of Trustees, they have showed their pain at every turn and this is just the latest.

That is all, I am out.

I getting sick of reading all of this bs. Some people go to the extreme and don't have no respect for the Baldwin Family. Im glad my friend doesn't get on this site and read all this bs. If he did I know he would be upset and wouldn't have no understanding about what's being said about his child. What people don't seem to understand his child Had Family Problems, that was veryyyy upsetting to hear about once I was told directly from him. Seems to me nobody cares about this kid, all they worried about & talking about is him moving for athletic reason. If you'll want to talk to him directly please feel free to DM me & I will gladly give you'll his #. Why don't the admin. Lock this thread. From the looks of this somebody gonna getting physical hurt behind all this bs. I hope my friend doesn't read this and somebody expose the real names of the people hinding behind a name of a keyboard. Just be happy for Trey B & the Bladwin family.

Kent Miller.