Hardin-Jefferson 6 Silsbee 0/Final

That's true.. I have been surprised at the lack of offense by all of the top teams in the district that I have seen. The top of the third for hJ tonight has been about the best hitting I have seen. I am waiting to see how these pitchers do in the playoff to see if it's just good pitching or young hitters.

Silsbee has scored 44 runs in 11 district games (4 run per game average). Last night was first time Silsbee was shut out in a district game this year.

Since when is a 4 run average not enough offense in baseball?

BC- 43 runs in 10 games (4.3)

WO-S- 46 in 10 games (4.6)

LC-M- 60 in 10 games (6.0)

HJ- 72 in 12 games (6.0)

30 of those runs were scored in 4 games in the first half of district. Games where the Tigers who weren't e pecked to beat the top were probably not facing the staff ace. 14 runs in those other 7 games amounts to 2 a game. I also said from what I have seen, I didn't see any of those games in he first half so I am not sure how those runs were scored. What I have seen in the second half from all the teams are a lot of at bats that haven't looked very good and really not that many hits overall. Granted I have been seeing the aces pretty much every game. Maybe the pitching is that good but I feel a lot has to do with the youth facing better pitchers. I have seen the Tigers get shutout twice, once a throw away game that you can't really count and last night. I have see also seen 2-0 win a 3-1 loss. In any of those district games, the best hitting I have seen was HJ's 3rd inning last night. i know these pitchers are good especially Shugart, but hill wait until the playoffs to really get a good idea on how good the hitting or pitching in the district really is.

Silsbee has scored 44 runs in 11 district games (4 run per game average). Last night was first time Silsbee was shut out in a district game this year.

Since when is a 4 run average not enough offense in baseball?

BC- 43 runs in 10 games (4.3)

WO-S- 46 in 10 games (4.6)

LC-M- 60 in 10 games (6.0)

HJ- 72 in 12 games (6.0)

Good stuff Aggie

Let's look at runs allowed, correct if mistaken.

Bridge City  10 gms / RA 19.........1.9

Silsbee........11 gms / RA 43.........3.9

WOS............10 gms / RA 34.........3.4

LCM.............11 gms / RA 44.........4.0

HJ.................12 gms / RA 53.........4.4   

30 of those runs were scored in 4 games in the first half of district. Games where the Tigers who weren't e pecked to beat the top were probably not facing the staff ace. 14 runs in those other 7 games amounts to 2 a game. I also said from what I have seen, I didn't see any of those games in he first half so I am not sure how those runs were scored. What I have seen in the second half from all the teams are a lot of at bats that haven't looked very good and really not that many hits overall. Granted I have been seeing the aces pretty much every game. Maybe the pitching is that good but I feel a lot has to do with the youth facing better pitchers. I have seen the Tigers get shutout twice, once a throw away game that you can't really count and last night. I have see also seen 2-0 win a 3-1 loss. In any of those district games, the best hitting I have seen was HJ's 3rd inning last night. i know these pitchers are good especially Shugart, but hill wait until the playoffs to really get a good idea on how good the hitting or pitching in the district really is.

When did Silsbee lose a game 3-1?

Just how many games have you seen?

Good stuff Aggie

Let's look at runs allowed, correct if mistaken.

Bridge City  10 gms / RA 19.........1.9

Silsbee........11 gms / RA 43.........3.9

WOS............10 gms / RA 34.........3.4

LCM.............11 gms / RA 44.........4.0

HJ.................12 gms / RA 53.........4.4   

All good.

Also, I was wrong on Silsbee's runs scored in district. It is 46 runs in 11 games, not 44. (4.2 average)

Like has been said many times best pitchers handle best hitters. And I must have looked at the wrong score when I looked up the WOS score it was 5-3 my mistake. It's not just the Tigers whose at bats haven't impressed me but all of these teams except for a few players. Don't get me wrong I have seen som good at bats but overall not so much. Maybe it is the pitching I have seen they have looked good but I want to see how they do against 1st or even second place teams from some of these other districts. Hopefully I will be impressed. Give some of these young guys another year or so and it will only get better.

What about the best hitters?

It's all relevant.

Maybe but a big difference when everyone has top pitchers, not always the case in lower levels especially high school where a team may only have have one real good pitcher. If you face the team twice like you do in district and don't face that ace both times even a poor hitting team may have very different results?

Besides my point is more about hitting than runs scored. Naturally hitting plays a big part in that but in high school there are a lots of runs scored off errors walks and even steals. And it has been said several times now well Nelson is at manufacturing runs.

Sometimes you just can't explain baseball Aggies....

If you've played.... then the devil is in the details throughout a game.

Each player has a job to do and if ALL the players involved do their job then the team wins.

No shame in losing a game if you've faced good pitching and were outplayed, but missed assignments and poor fielding is a death blow when facing a focused pitcher like Shugart when he's on.

In MLB you don't have to face the ace, most pitchers could be "aces". In high school not so much. I am not surprised buy the number we have faced. The question is were the 4 games we scored the 30 runs in the 4 where we didn't face the ace. Good output if so. But a true good hitting team usually gets to an ace from time to time as well, so have we done that. In the 4 or 5 games I have seen we haven't. Youth....it will come. The future is definitely bright. This year isn't a very fair one to be critical. My original statement about getting numbers of hits was based on what I have seen, and it was directed at the Tigers bats but my observation has been been about the lack of hitting in the district games I have seen. I said that 3rd inning by HJ was about the best display I had seen and that's probably the case in an inning but WOS had a good hitting game in Silsbee that I overlooked. I know at one point they had 9 to our 1. Maybe I just got spoiled to reading and hearing and seeing a few times the hitting we had the last few years.

In MLB you don't have to face the ace, most pitchers could be "aces". In high school not so much. I am not surprised buy the number we have faced. The question is were the 4 games we scored the 30 runs in the 4 where we didn't face the ace. Good output if so. But a true good hitting team usually gets to an ace from time to time as well, so have we done that. In the 4 or 5 games I have seen we haven't. Youth....it will come. The future is definitely bright. This year isn't a very fair one to be critical. My original statement about getting numbers of hits was based on what I have seen, and it was directed at the Tigers bats but my observation has been been about the lack of hitting in the district games I have seen. I said that 3rd inning by HJ was about the best display I had seen and that's probably the case in an inning but WOS had a good hitting game in Silsbee that I overlooked. I know at one point they had 9 to our 1. Maybe I just got spoiled to reading and hearing and seeing a few times the hitting we had the last few years.

2 of those 4 was against that team's #1.

Sometimes you just can't explain baseball Aggies....
If you've played.... then the devil is in the details throughout a game.
Each player has a job to do and if ALL the players involved do their job then the team wins.
No shame in losing a game if you've faced good pitching and were outplayed, but missed assignments and poor fielding is a death blow when facing a focused pitcher like Shugart when he's on.

I agree with that. I don't really want to count some of those missed assignments such as a sac bunt against the hitters.