DFW parents and school districts pay for results. Teaching pay is higher plus Stipend pay is higher. Parents pay to put their kids in passing academies and personal coaches. So parents are investing more in their kids, and schools are investing more in their programs, in turn you get more trained athletes on the whole, and the highest paid head coaches in the state, and by far the highest paid assistant coaches in the state. There are countless schools with indoors and multiple turf fields on one campus, weight rooms that can accommodate 400-500 kids at the same time. Not to mention the greatest football complex in the world is in DFW, they have home field because its the Football capital of the world PERIOD.

Breakthrough!

I think GCISD may have the highest paid teachers in the state. How is that working for them? Also, how are the facilities at Deer Park? I see their weight room utilized as an advertisement for weight facilities in coaching magazines. You would think they would not be as horrible as they are, especially when all of the districts don't pay teachers, coaches or invest in their athletic departments.

Guest ECBucFan

You've lived in southeast Texas too long my man. I've always contended that yall are 10 years behind the times down here, and you prove that with every one of your posts. Keep doing what you do homie.

I love SETX. I love and support our schools, our programs, our coaches, and all of our fans. I pity you for hating the place you live in. Life must be a miserable existence for you, and the 100% negativity you spew on this forum confirms it.

I love SETX. I love and support our schools, our programs, our coaches, and all of our fans. I pity you for hating the place you live in. Life must be a miserable existence for you, and the 100% negativity you spew on this forum confirms it.

I love it here bro...just doing all I can to help us get on par with the rest of the state so we can be successful

@corbettsmithDMN: Facing an "extremely tall task" with NFL, Houston becomes clear favorite to host the 2015 UIL 11-man finals. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20150425-smith-houston-likely-to-host-title-games-but-chance-of-att-hosting-uil-finals-not-yet-ruled-out.ece #txhsfb

How about: Ft Worth, Birdville, Hurst-Euless Bedford, Grapevine Colleyville, Dallas, Northwest, Keller, Denton, Plano, Garland, Rockwall, Mesquite, Arlington, Irving, Lewisville, Carrolton-Farmers Branch, Richardson, Saginaw, Frisco, McKinney, etc? A lot of single district schools?

How about: Ft Worth, Birdville, Hurst-Euless Bedford, Grapevine Colleyville, Dallas, Northwest, Keller, Denton, Plano, Garland, Rockwall, Mesquite, Arlington, Irving, Lewisville, Carrolton-Farmers Branch, Richardson, Saginaw, Frisco, McKinney, etc? A lot of single district schools? Try again.

What are the top schools in DFW?

Allen- 1 HS

Desoto- 1 Hs

Trinity- 2 HS

SLC- 1 HS

Coppell- 1 HS

Aledo- 1 HS

Who are the "powerhouses" year in year out in Ft. Worth, Grapevine, etc and all the districts you've named?

State Champs from DFW the last decade:

Allen- 1 HS

Aledo- 1 HS

Ennis-  HS

Cedar Hill- 1  Hs

Stephenville- 1 Hs

SLC- 1 HS

Trinity- 2 HS

Highland Park- 1 HS

The ONLY exeption is Denton Guyer

What are the top schools in DFW?
Allen- 1 HS
Desoto- 1 Hs
Trinity- 2 HS
SLC- 1 HS
Coppell- 1 HS
Aledo- 1 HS
Who are the "powerhouses" year in year out in Ft. Worth, Grapevine, etc and all the districts you've named?

State Champs from DFW the last decade:
Allen- 1 HS
Aledo- 1 HS
Ennis- HS
Cedar Hill- 1 Hs
Stephenville- 1 Hs
SLC- 1 HS
Trinity- 2 HS
Highland Park- 1 HS

The ONLY exeption is Denton Guyer

No matter where in Texas you place Aledo, Ennis, Cedar Hill, and Highland Park would always be a 1 school district. Those are small schools. Southlake Carroll is close as well to being small I believe (only 2500).

Allen, DeSoto, and the Plano schools are the only ones who could be broken up into larger schools yet the three planos are academic schools not football ones. But North Shore has 4200 and Katy has 3000. Same as all the cy-fair and woodlands schools. Katy is the only one that wins yet the other have large enrollments. Why don't they win using your logic? One mega school district in Cy-Fair would be 30 thousand students. Katy 18 thousand. Woodlands and Conroe 14 thousand. Humble around the same. Pearland and Alvin just went to two school districts. Fort Bend as well. The districts in DFW are smaller in terms of area served that is why they are one school districts.

Using your logic Friendswood, Galveston, La Porte, La Marque and Stafford all should have won state in the past decade. Why haven't they? Don't say money because Friendswood is as rich as DFW schools. If you include two schools (since you did with Trinity) add North Shore and Alvin to that list.

I would not consider Stephenville in the DFW area.
It 70 miles to FW from Sville, they are more of the Big Country area

Just saw this they aren't even Big Country. They are no mans land with Comanche and Brownwood. Because they are so use to playing south Fort Worth schools at he a Star Telegram still covers them.

Last one. Let's make it simple for everyone to agree one. Instead of claiming DFW state championships lets divide into Fort Worth and Dallas state champions for the past decade.

Fort Worth:
Aledo, Guyer, Carroll, Trinity, and Argyle

Dallas: Allen, Cedar Hill, Ennis, and Highland Park. (DeSoto is on this side as well).

Houston: Katy, Pearland, and I'm forgetting one

Austin: Lake Travis and Cedar Park

College Station: Navasota

Now the titles should be even for the whole state.

Really? Comanche county got nothing from the Reporter News. Didn't think Stephenville did either. Must be because of Wylie's district.

Bingo. They would go out to Brownwood and Stephenville to cover em. One station even had a football kickoff shindig in Brownwood before last season started. 

Bingo. They would go out to Brownwood and Stephenville to cover em. One station even had a football kickoff shindig in Brownwood before last season started.

But basically it's no mans land. If they were with Waco would be Waco coverage. If it was them, Comanche, Dublin, Hico, Hamilton, and Early there would be none. They truly aren't in any metropolitan coverage area.

But basically it's no mans land. If they were with Waco would be Waco coverage. If it was them, Comanche, Dublin, Hico, Hamilton, and Early there would be none. They truly aren't in any metropolitan coverage area.

Yup. Its crazy they're in a district with Big Spring, that drive is nuts. I hated it. 

In the last 20 years from DFW Guyer, Trinity, Hebron, North Crowley, Ryan, Mesquite, Garland, Grapevine, Lewisville and Plano won championships. Making a case that "single school" districts are the only schools winning championships is beyond foolish.

In the last 20 years from DFW Guyer, Trinity, Hebron, North Crowley, Ryan, Mesquite, Garland, Grapevine, Lewisville and Plano won championships. Making a case that "single school" districts are the only schools winning championships is beyond foolish.

20 years?  I think he is referring to recent times.