I would say that the schools that have been in the title game could win a championship. I doubt you would find anyone surprised if Westfield, Dekaney, Pearland, Lamar, a Cy school, LC, North Shore, Woodlands, or Klein School won a title. If you want overlook the "exception of Katy" then you should overlook the exceptions of "SC and Allen".

I would say that the schools that have been in the title game could win a championship. I doubt you would find anyone surprised if Westfield, Dekaney, Pearland, Lamar, a Cy school, LC, North Shore, Woodlands, or Klein School won a title. If you want overlook the "exception of Katy" then you should overlook the exceptions of "SC and Allen".

I wouldnt be surprised if any of those school won a title.....we're talking about consistency....a threat to win it year in, year out...Now a school having a great class or a stud player one year....but consistency....the only GHA in my opinon that has most of the pieces in place to be a single HS powerhouse is Dickinson....especially with LaMarque in limbo.

I wouldnt be surprised if any of those school won a title.....we're talking about consistency....a threat to win it year in, year out...Now a school having a great class or a stud player one year....but consistency....the only GHA in my opinon that has most of the pieces in place to be a single HS powerhouse is Dickinson....especially with LaMarque in limbo.

I would have loved to see them versus Allen if not for a clear bad call versus Cy Ranch. 

DFW has/will always won more titles. If you have more schools and people you will win more titles. DFW has more titles, houses, cars, Walmarts, police, churches, fireman, shoe stores, movie theaters, etc.  

Many times I've said with the "Exception" of Katy, and even posted an article saying the same thing. Katy's lay out with "old katy" and "Katy proper" has kept them with the "One HS" type theme. But now, with schools being built(Morton Ranch and HS # just breaking ground) Katy's day's are numbered. There is a GOOD possibility that Houston will get another title the next two year's but WHO besides KATY? Also, from 2000-2010 when Katy was named team of the Decade, they were rewarded by having Cinco Ranch, Seven Lakes, Morton Ranch, Tompkins, and HS# 8 being built, years of rezoning...etc. Something the powers up north dont have to worry about. When you move your Kid to Allen to play Pee Wee football....you know what HS he will go to in about 5 years...not the case in Houston

This is you argument summed up. Little long but the guys does a good job of explaining why DFW and east Texas have more success than Houston.

http://ussporthistory.com/2014/07/24/regional-powerhouses-why-the-state-champ-is-from-dfw/

This is you argument summed up. Little long but the guys does a good job of explaining why DFW and east Texas have more success than Houston.

http://ussporthistory.com/2014/07/24/regional-powerhouses-why-the-state-champ-is-from-dfw/

GREAT article...thanks for posting...I've been saying this for years:

However, the area’s rapid growth often make it hard to establish programs before a district builds a new school and splits the population. This could be a reason why we do not see more championships from the area.

Manvel is about to take a hit with Shadow Creek Ranch opening...might move back down to 5A

I don't think there's a might to it. Shadow Creek Ranch probably has 100k people that live there. Manvel will probably fall to 5A D2 when the new school opens and they'll probably both play in 24-5A with the likes of Angleton, Foster, George Ranch, and PLC. Will definitely be the best district in the region of it wasn't already.