I've told people for years on here that the football in the DFW/East Texas region is on another level than what we play down here. They've won 11 of the 12 state title games the last two years in the three largest classes, even played each other in a couple of title games. While we may be on par athletically that's about all we're on par with them in. They lead in everything from facilities to compensation, and subsequently state titles. If it wasn't for Katy and Lake Travis it would be utter domination for the rest of the state when compared to the DFW. There are exceptions like Newton and WOS but that's in the smaller classes where one or two players can take you extremely far. We have a long way to go before we can compete those guys on a consistent basis.

I've told people for years on here that the football in the DFW/East Texas region is on another level than what we play down here. They've won 11 of the 12 state title games the last two years in the three largest classes, even played each other in a couple of title games. While we may be on par athletically that's about all we're on par with them in. They lead in everything from facilities to compensation, and subsequently state titles. If it wasn't for Katy and Lake Travis it would be utter domination for the rest of the state when compared to the DFW. There are exceptions like Newton and WOS but that's in the smaller classes where one or two players can take you extremely far. We have a long way to go before we can compete those guys on a consistent basis.

Thanks Coog! I think BG and you are the only ones down here besides me not wearing rose colored glasses

+1!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20150422-miscommunication-likely-to-force-hsfb-title-games-from-att-stadium-in-2015.ece

In an interview with Craig Way and Rod Babers on Austin’s KVET-AM, UIL executive director Charles Breithaupt said the league wasn’t going to alter its schedule to stay in AT&T Stadium, declining to deviate from a central-site concept, start the finals a day earlier or delay the final three games until Sunday or Monday.

“We don’t want to cheapen our event,” Breithaupt said.

Guest ECBucFan

You do some research...last time I checked a win is a win...and to dominate 2 years in a row???!Cmon man are you really arguing this??

I don't have to argue this, "homie".

From TX HS football.com:

The DFW-area has swept the 6A and 5A championships the last 2 years. Fans and school officials around the state have said that more non-DFW teams would win if the games were rotated to other sites. Currently Houston does not host any state championships and San Antonio only hosts basketball.

From Katy coach Gary Joseph: "It matters".

+1

I don't have to argue this, "homie".

From TX HS football.com:

The DFW-area has swept the 6A and 5A championships the last 2 years. Fans and school officials around the state have said that more non-DFW teams would win if the games were rotated to other sites. Currently Houston does not host any state championships and San Antonio only hosts basketball.

From Katy coach Gary Joseph: "It matters".

Totally opinionated statements....I'm basing my argument on facts(on the field results.) Of course it matters...I come up with an excuse everytime I lose too. How does Allen dominate Woodlads every year at a neutral site? Carthage came to Beaumont and handled WOS. Dallas Skyline regularly handles a Houston area school in the third round. I'm guessing you think that central Texas is the dominant force seeing yall have had considerable trouble with Yoe?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20150422-miscommunication-likely-to-force-hsfb-title-games-from-att-stadium-in-2015.ece

In an interview with Craig Way and Rod Babers on Austin’s KVET-AM, UIL executive director Charles Breithaupt said the league wasn’t going to alter its schedule to stay in AT&T Stadium, declining to deviate from a central-site concept, start the finals a day earlier or delay the final three games until Sunday or Monday.

“We don’t want to cheapen our event,” Breithaupt said.

The event was cheapened when the UIL decided to have 12 state champions.

Totally opinionated statements....I'm basing my argument on facts(on the field results.) Of course it matters...I come up with an excuse everytime I lose too. How does Allen dominate Woodlads every year at a neutral site? Carthage came to Beaumont and handled WOS. Dallas Skyline regularly handles a Houston area school in the third round. I'm guessing you think that central Texas is the dominant force seeing yall have had considerable trouble with Yoe?

I agree with you, it doesn't matter where you play the title games. Allen has won a title in Houston, Trinity, Cedar Hill and Carroll have won in San Antonio, and Katy has won multiple titles in Dallas. The DFW/East Texas region dominates wherever they play. The program's down here just need to improve to keep pace or catch up. My best friend is born and raised in Plano, he told me the state title game to DFW residents is called the 4th round.

DFW parents and school districts pay for results. Teaching pay is higher plus Stipend pay is higher. Parents pay to put their kids in passing academies and personal coaches. So parents are investing more in their kids, and schools are  investing more in their programs, in turn you get more trained athletes on the whole, and the highest paid head coaches in the state, and by far the highest paid assistant coaches in the state. There are countless schools with indoors and multiple turf fields on one campus, weight rooms that can accommodate 400-500 kids at the same time. Not to mention the greatest football complex in the world is in DFW, they have home field because its the Football capital of the world PERIOD. 

DFW parents and school districts pay for results. Teaching pay is higher plus Stipend pay is higher. Parents pay to put their kids in passing academies and personal coaches. So parents are investing more in their kids, and schools are investing more in their programs, in turn you get more trained athletes on the whole, and the highest paid head coaches in the state, and by far the highest paid assistant coaches in the state. There are countless schools with indoors and multiple turf fields on one campus, weight rooms that can accommodate 400-500 kids at the same time. Not to mention the greatest football complex in the world is in DFW, they have home field because its the Football capital of the world PERIOD.

Thank you!!!

Guest ECBucFan

I challenge ANYONE to look up records, the W-L percentages for HOME and AWAY football games. The young men of the NCAA and the professionals of the NFL have a clear and obvious ADVANTAGE when playing at home.

This effect is even more magnified at the HS level where 16 & 17 year olds have to travel in a cramped bus 4-5 hours then stay in a hotel, vs. sleeping in their comfortable at home and having no real travel.

From the inception of athletic events centuries ago, "home field advantage" is a well know concept. Every sports fan has heard that phrase all their life. Thats because "home field advantage" is indeed AN ADVANTAGE. its simple to understand. Katys coach knows it, and people all across the state knows it. 

Pig, if you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand that a "home field advantage" is indeed an ADVANTAGE, you are beyond help. No further discussions are necessary. Some things you just can't fix.

I challenge ANYONE to look up records, the W-L percentages for HOME and AWAY football games. The young men of the NCAA and the professionals of the NFL have a clear and obvious ADVANTAGE when playing at home.

This effect is even more magnified at the HS level where 16 & 17 year olds have to travel in a cramped bus 4-5 hours then stay in a hotel, vs. sleeping in their comfortable at home and having no real travel.

From the inception of athletic events centuries ago, "home field advantage" is a well know concept. Every sports fan has heard that phrase all their life. Thats because "home field advantage" is indeed AN ADVANTAGE. its simple to understand. Katys coach knows it, and people all across the state knows it.

Pig, if you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand that a "home field advantage" is indeed an ADVANTAGE, you are beyond help. No further discussions are necessary. Some things you just can't fix.

You've lived in southeast Texas too long my man. I've always contended that yall are 10 years behind the times down here, and you prove that with every one of your posts. Keep doing what you do homie.

P.S. Were you not literate enough to read the post I made about how many metroplex schools have beaten you guys at neutral sites? Have you not researched that? Give your coach a raise and do something modern schools do and maybe yall will beat Yoe one day.

You've lived in southeast Texas too long my man. I've always contended that yall are 10 years behind the times down here, and you prove that with every one of your posts. Keep doing what you do homie.

P.S. Were you not literate enough to read the post I made about how many metroplex schools have beaten you guys at neutral sites? Have you not researched that? Give your coach a raise and do something modern schools do and maybe yall will beat Yoe one day.

Hmmmm..... isn't La Porte in Southeast Texas? ;) :rolleyes: