It's Easy To Complain! So...

smitty

America is in debt up to, well, we are drowning.  So, let's start giving solutions.  One good place to start is these obama phones that taxpayers are paying for.  The cost is 2 BILLION dollars a year.  I say call your Senators and Congressman and urge them to support eliminating this.  Let's hear other suggestions...

I tend to agree, some what.  Explain...

Even the right uses propaganda......

The idea of providing low-income individuals with subsidized phone service was originated in the Reagan administration following the break-up of AT&T in 1984. (It was expanded and formalized by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.) The program is paid for by telecommunications companies through an independent non-profit, not through tax revenue.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/27/924011/the-truth-about-the-obama-phone/

The idea of providing low-income individuals with subsidized phone service was originated in the Reagan administration following the break-up of AT&T in 1984. (It was expanded and formalized by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.) The program is paid for by telecommunications companies through an independent non-profit, not through tax revenue.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/27/924011/the-truth-about-the-obama-phone/

No your lying it's all obama.

There is enougth stuff I don't like about Obama, so I don't need to make up anything.....

obama's not totally innocent on this.  But, you are right, there's enough blame to go around.  BTW, I don't think the origianl psot said anything about it being totally Hussein's fault. 

So, the obama phones are all privately funded? 

Smitty, I suspect you know the answer, but I will play along anyway... Go to obamaphone.com for all your answers. This program is paid for by the fees collected on YOUR cell phone and home phone bills. Follow the money - Carlos Slim of Mexico (owner of Tracphone) is making the most money off this program. While the idea for this program is sound, it is wrought with fraud and abuse.

Smitty, I suspect you know the answer, but I will play along anyway... Go to obamaphone.com for all your answers. This program is paid for by the fees collected on YOUR cell phone and home phone bills. Follow the money - Carlos Slim of Mexico (owner of Tracphone) is making the most money off this program. While the idea for this program is sound, it is wrought with fraud and abuse.

Right!  Fees -- TAXES -- is sent to the Government.  These are being used.  This needs to stop.  If some business wants to be foolish enough to give these phones away, then more power to them.  But, I don't pay fees/taxes so that someone can get something for nothing.  I say: You want it -- you work for it!

Right!  Fees -- TAXES -- is sent to the Government.  These are being used.  This needs to stop.  If some business wants to be foolish enough to give these phones away, then more power to them.  But, I don't pay fees/taxes so that someone can get something for nothing.  I say: You want it -- you work for it!

Smitty, you dont have sufficient "compassion"