San Augustine AD/HC job

Anhuac has as much talent and speed as SA and Alto. No reason why you cant win in Anhuac. SA did not get the best candidate. This surprised me and many others. Hopefully he will do well.

Let's say they do have "as much" talent and speed.. SA doesn't have to play Newton, EC, Buna, Kitbyville, etc. in district. SA still has the same type of talent as when they were up a classification.

Yes, it is. And I understand that if you don't want your name out there then don't apply. I see both sides of this argument. But, at least let the man accept the job before you blast his name across the airways.

Somebody just got out of sensitivity training. Now go back to the house take dem panties off, and put on your big boy underwear.

Far from sensitive JV, just respectful. Let the man sign his contract or at least give a verbal commitment before you start blasting his name across the world wide web.

On another note, I do think he is in SA today.

There has already been a press release about the hiring so cool it with that petty crap!

The bottom line is there aren't but so many proven successful coaches in this area and most of them are staying put. They just don't leave the WOS,Newton, Nederland, Coldspring campuses to go to San Augustine. I gotta agree with a previous poster, I never saw a coach win a state championship and be fired. May not be the best place in the world even if you have a successful season .Good luck Coach Murr.

The bottom line is there aren't but so many proven successful coaches in this area and most of them are staying put. They just don't leave the WOS,Newton, Nederland, Coldspring campuses to go to San Augustine. I gotta agree with a previous poster, I never saw a coach win a state championship and be fired. May not be the best place in the world even if you have a successful season .Good luck Coach Murr.

1 season doesn't define a coach

One4All, on 18 Apr 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

he knew going into the season that was his last year

Then hired him back when ish hit the fan, hmmmmm…  correction of a mistake or no?

http://setxsports.com/ip/index.php?/topic/11622-bbreaking-news-san-augustine-hires-graves-as-head-football-coach-again/

The Lymn Graves saga is a little miss misleading. I love graves to death was in school when this happened. I hate it for him. Graves already retired and he was working under the jr3 plan and I believe it goes from year to year! Kathy Haley was on the board and her son did play. But he was a pitcher and but he couldn't play football. They Haleys even moves their son to Central Heights his senior year because Chad Boyette quit coaching baseball and SA didn't have a good team for his prime season. Haleys are nowhere near the school board now. Graves final year was going to be 2003 and he won state and got a breath of fresh air...but graves record with SA for during his tenure wasn't all great! It was a bad decision letting him go, but they did bring him back after the Barry Ford tenure did not work out. Graves coaches for two years and finally retired for good. They has been change in SA at super with a new board and they claim they want a disciplined coach and apparently they didn't think Hubbard didn't do a good enough job of keeping them accountable. And look at brian clays 3-17 record and realize why he was let go. It's crazy. Hopefully we can find some consistency and have a coach build the program from 7th on up!