Hardin-Jefferson 5 Silsbee 4/Final

Field should have lights. Really no excuse for it.

I also think you could get the field lighted for less than the $300,000 they said it would cost.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I want to point something out! AAW you be contradicting yourself! Just about 2 weeks ago you was stirring the pot in the WOS Vs HJ tend! 😃 now the shoe on the other foot... Lol now u saying HJ need lights buddy? 😂

Play at SS was a freak play. No you are not turning 2 on Padgett( you just cant turn two on fast runners :rolleyes: ) But the call to give them 2nd and 3rd I would like to see in the rule book, cause I cant find it. Maybe you could help us DA from Silsbee understand cause that was a big momentum change in the game :D And yes the better team did win. We couldn't match HJ intensity

8-3-3c  c. two bases if a fair batted or thrown ball becomes dead because of bouncing over or passing through a fence, or lodges in a defensive player's or umpire's equipment or uniform;

happy reading: https://www.goncso.com/rules/2012%20NFHS%20BASEBALL.pdf

I wasn't there but I think the call ended up correct, but I would have a problem as a coach with the call being changed back and forth. It shouldn't have been changed the first time but then to change it back really makes it appear the umpires didn't know what they were doing.

Silsbee got screwed..... Their boys are better sports in the dugout...... Whatever..... HJ is seeing everyone's Ace and Silsbee has been able to reap the benefits of it.... You didn't get screwed, you go beat by a better team... Grow up and hit the ball better next game... HJ had the momentum going into the 11th so if the lights hurt anyone, it was HJ... We were at the top of our lineup and our boys got the job done.... This isn't the first time a game has been stopped and finished the next day... Its not our boys fault that no lights are on our field so why cant you just be a graceful looser instead of a whiner? I have never understood that about this site.... Why take away from our boys something that is an adults fault? Why protect the adults on here and lash out at the kids? Doesn't make sense to me...

So my only problem with this whole statement, made by ONE (1) Silsbee fan, is that pretty much all of these comments seem to be directed at the "players".

1) "HJ is seeing everyone's Ace and Silsbee has been able to reap the benefits of it...."       

Last time I checked Silsbee Players don't make lineups or pick pitchers.

2) "Grow up and hit the ball better next game"..          

Really??  If not for baseball gods, could you really guarantee a win?  Seems as though they were doing ok.

3) "why cant you just be a graceful looser instead of a whiner?.."

One comment.  Now they are ungraceful losers and whiners.  Don't think it was a player who made the comment.

Quote the comment next time and address "that person", from which the statement was made.

Hardin Jefferson (8 Srs, 6 Jrs, 2 Sophs, 1 Freshman), sees everyones "Ace" because Silsbee baseball was not considered a threat.

So now that they, Silsbee Baseball (3 Srs, 2 Jrs, 5 Sophs, 4 Freshmen) with only 1 returning starter, might be a serious threat to win this District, they will see more "Aces".

So if I read this right, HJ Baseball players will get to reap the benefits of seeing the "lesser talented" pitchers that Silsbee has seen.

It is baseball.  Anything can happen.

I congratulate HJ baseball on the win, Silsbee Baseball Players, not fans, accepted the loss despite the situation described here.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I want to point something out! AAW you be contradicting yourself! Just about 2 weeks ago you was stirring the pot in the WOS Vs HJ tend! now the shoe on the other foot... Lol now u saying HJ need lights buddy?

How am I contradicting myself? :unsure:

This may be a little bit off topic but having sat in those board rooms for years you don't just find $400k laying around for lights. With title nine restrictions you aren't going to spend 1/2 the money at the softball complex that you do at a baseball diamond. If the money isn't budgeted during initial construction you play afternoon games until the fund balance can justify the improvements.That's a fact of life everywhere, not just in SETX.

First of all let me apologize for getting caught up in things when I shouldn't have. Second of all my comment about dugout was not to the kids but to the coaches. Every kid since they were little were or should have been taught to be good sports no matter what and that starts with the coaches. I did give hj the props for hitting the ball when silsbee didn't but no one on here can say that when your kid is on the bump pitching his heart out trying to get the win and as a parent you hear what is being said to him or her it doesn't bother. I've taught kids better than that and this time they taught me something. Once again I apologize this is a good site and should be good comments between us as these young players are also reading this. Baseball is baseball sometimes you win sometimes you loose and we lost. All around was a good game.

So my only problem with this whole statement, made by ONE (1) Silsbee fan, is that pretty much all of these comments seem to be directed at the "players".

1) "HJ is seeing everyone's Ace and Silsbee has been able to reap the benefits of it...."

Last time I checked Silsbee Players don't make lineups or pick pitchers.

2) "Grow up and hit the ball better next game"..

Really?? If not for baseball gods, could you really guarantee a win? Seems as though they were doing ok.

3) "why cant you just be a graceful looser instead of a whiner?.."

One comment. Now they are ungraceful losers and whiners. Don't think it was a player who made the comment.

Quote the comment next time and address "that person", from which the statement was made.

Hardin Jefferson (8 Srs, 6 Jrs, 2 Sophs, 1 Freshman), sees everyones "Ace" because Silsbee baseball was not considered a threat.

So now that they, Silsbee Baseball (3 Srs, 2 Jrs, 5 Sophs, 4 Freshmen) with only 1 returning starter, might be a serious threat to win this District, they will see more "Aces".

So if I read this right, HJ Baseball players will get to reap the benefits of seeing the "lesser talented" pitchers that Silsbee has seen.

It is baseball. Anything can happen.

I congratulate HJ baseball on the win, Silsbee Baseball Players, not fans, accepted the loss despite the situation described here.

Answer to your opening  statement.. All Silsbee fans with the exception of AAW are whiners.....
1.)They sure don't.... But they do reap the benefits....Whiner.
2.) That was aimed at a whiner like you...
3.) Notice the word "you"..... That was aimed at a whiner like you...

You read the thread right..... Did Silsbee bat off Brennon Moore for 7innings? Did Silsbee bat off Chase Sugart for 7 innings? How many more D-1 commits BC have? Im stating facts, not whining.... You lost.. You'll get another chance in a couple weeks... Remember the baseball GODS?

This may be a little bit off topic but having sat in those board rooms for years you don't just find $400k laying around for lights. With title nine restrictions you aren't going to spend 1/2 the money at the softball complex that you do at a baseball diamond. If the money isn't budgeted during initial construction you play afternoon games until the fund balance can justify the improvements.That's a fact of life everywhere, not just in SETX.

I wonder how long that takes?  I played there 17 years ago, without lights.  You would think that budget has had plenty of time to balance for lights, or when it does balance, they will probably build another gym. It really is a shame and an embarassment that the baseball field doens't have lights.

I can't answer that question, I was on the school board in a different district. We struggled for years without lights. When the new high school was built we were finally able to have a really good baseball/softball complex. I know in our district everyone was vying for a portion of the budget not just the baseball/basketball teams.

Neither the softball or baseball field should have ever been built without lights!

it is a lot harder to get the money after the fact than during construction.

i believe all 3A schools have lights and several 2A schools have them also. 

it is sad when your local pony/LL have lights and your school don't.

people should look long and hard on who made those decisions. 

Having a baseball field with out lights is not the end of the world folks. There was a PROFFESIONAL complex that didn't have lights for years . It's easy to say these complexes should not have been built without lights but this is real money folks. I'm sure there were some tight budget constraints on athletic facilities because neither gym in the new facility is very large. When you are responsible for passing bond issues and writing checks you don't have unlimited funding !!. Most afternoon games are finished without a hitch.

Having a baseball field with out lights is not the end of the world folks. There was a PROFFESIONAL complex that didn't have lights for years . It's easy to say these complexes should not have been built without lights but this is real money folks. I'm sure there were some tight budget constraints on athletic facilities because neither gym in the new facility is very large. When you are responsible for passing bond issues and writing checks you don't have unlimited funding !!. Most afternoon games are finished without a hitch.

did you really just reference a stadium that was built in the 1910's....... WOW