Hardin-Jefferson 5 Silsbee 4/Final

The game has been suspended due to darkness. They will continue tomorrow at 12 noon in the Top of the 11th tied at 4-4.

They seriously don't have lights? I know this is setx...but a school this size not having lights on the field...wow.

Somebody please tell me there is an electrical issue. They really have lights but something is broken...please tell me that's the case.

Hate to see this happen due to the negligence of the district and that what it is, the above comment is true but you failed to include basketball. Yrs back (97?) when HJ went to 4a they seemed to come up with money to bring football field up to dist standards> new concession, bathrooms, home side fenced off seperate from vistors among others and all the while baseball got 0, infact, as a matter FACT the baseball team had a hard time buying game balls and wondering where they were gonna get the money to pay umpires. Just a cpl yrs later HJ was back in 3a.  What is not been said is the JV has 0 home games and looking at never having a home game. Big discussion on facebook concerning this.......I did notice they picked up the poles and lights from the EXACT spot they were layed out 18-20yrs ago... HJ will get another Gym before lights..... AGAIN   

Ridiculous! It's a slap in the face to the baseball team. If it wasn't for the kids sake, the district should make them play all games on the road. It is just as "unfair" on opposing teams as it is their own. Makes it awful hard for working parents to get to the games.

I can remember having to start games at 4pm there to get them in before dark. That was back 89-90 I can't believe they still don't have lights that's over 25 years ago. That's a joke to be honest

A suspended game does not hurt HJ as they have an off day next Tuesday, they can use as many pitchers as they have. Silsbee has to finish this game and then play WOS next Tuesday. It is a shame and an embarrassment for that nice field not to have lights, however giving the length of this game I wonder if a curfew would have come into effect if the game would have started at 7:00. I think Silsbee shot themselves in the foot and missed several opportunities to win this game, I hope it doesn't come back and bite us in the butt. Go Tigers!!!

A suspended game does not hurt HJ as they have an off day next Tuesday, they can use as many pitchers as they have. Silsbee has to finish this game and then play WOS next Tuesday. It is a shame and an embarrassment for that nice field not to have lights, however giving the length of this game I wonder if a curfew would have come into effect if the game would have started at 7:00. I think Silsbee shot themselves in the foot and missed several opportunities to win this game, I hope it doesn't come back and bite us in the butt. Go Tigers!!!

does high school games have a curfew?

It is a shame we don't have lights. We have tried whole heartedly to get them. On a good note as far as our field vs Silsbee's, ours don't always smell like somebody farted!!!!!!! Let's go HAWKS baby!!!!!! Time to finish!!!!!!!! (With my Ric Flair finish) Whoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the price that was quoted was for both the baseball and softball fields. The District told us at the beginning that if one field gets lights, the other field must get theirs at the same time. The District is willing to put lights up if the parents and the community put up half of the cost of lights for both fields. The same goes for a Press box, bathrooms, concession stand, or any other improvements to the fields. Myself and several other people have personally been working on this for over 4 years which included moving to the High School from the Twin County league field. The problem is the fund raising is tapped out in the community. We have approached the energy companies the operate pipelines that run through our district only to be be told "no funds available". We have also contacted Entergy, refineries, ...etc to no avail. Hopefully more people in the community will get involved since this was the first game at the new field that got suspended due to darkness.