Central RB Devwah Whaley earns UA All-America game invite

I didn't know he even played defense.

I don't believe he does in high school but some schools are also recruiting him as a safety which might be a more natural position for him IMO. He was being recruited as an "athlete" before they specified designations for him as a RB and safety.

http://247sports.com/Player/Devwah-Whaley-33409

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1653820" timestamp="1427250931"]

I didn't know he even played defense.[/quote
Yes he does play safety! I was told by a reliable source that coaches him that's hes a better safety then RB. Always was told he will come downhill & lower the BOOM on u! He played safety a lil bit against Big Ned & had 7 tackles

He's one of the top running backs in the nation for this class. He will play running back unless something changes. Congrats to him! No surprise here at all!

He's one of the top athletes in the country in his class. I think his grade is why you're saying he's one of the top backs in the country. He killed it in district play but every other back 22-5A played killed it against them too. When he was on the field with guys like Tray Williams, Kam Martin, Demarcus Smith and Deonte Chatman, all kids he's rated higher than, there was a distinct difference in the skills it takes to run with the ball. He's a better overall athlete than all of those kids except Chatman but he's not a pure back like the others are. It doesn't mean he won't play rb in college but to tab him over his counterparts like Rakeem Boyd, Kyle Porter, Darius Anderson and Kam Martin who are all in his class is a bit of a stretch IMO. The kid is a monster but just like Kai Locksley when he went to the UA game and played receiver, it's going to depend on where other kids in his class and where they commit as to what his RB options would be. That's just my uneducated opinion though. Congrats to him either way though and I hope I get to see him agiain this year.