Top 10 SETX Football Players Over Last 20 Years

Ok, I know alot of you guys may say I'm crazy but a guy I played with at Crosby in 03, Philip Beck. Had 124 catches 2000+ yds and 22 TDs in 12 games at the 5A level and had 200+Yds Rec against the state champs Lamarque that year. No one can match that production, our QB Kellen Haynes also threw for 4,200 yds and 40 Tds ran for 800 and 12 TDs in 12 games that year also. Not the big time recruits that the other guys were or physical specimens but they put up massive numbers and we played friendswood, dickinson, Dayton, CE King, and Lamarque and nobody stopped those two guys. I think you have to throw Beck on the list though 180 Yds per game for a whole season, can't deny production. Also on the Tony Brown deal he had a big pick against PNG but Rose torched him THE WHOLE GAME I was there cause my cousin played for Ozen that year, did have the pick 6 but rose balled out on him.

I didn't bring the Crosby kid's season up because I was also considering the college careers and recruiting rankings. If you throw in Austin Walter's 2,704 yards on 201 carries and 34 tds, Crosby kids probably have the best passing, rushing and receiving seasons around here the last 15 years or so in the bigger classes. Beck's season, which also included a 20+ catch playoff game, is probably one of the top 5 in Texas high school history regardless of classification. It would be interesting to see who could match those three kid's numbers from around here.

I didn't bring the Crosby kid's season up because I was also considering the college careers and recruiting rankings. If you throw in Austin Walter's 2,704 yards on 201 carries and 34 tds, Crosby kids probably have the best passing, rushing and receiving seasons around here the last 15 years or so in the bigger classes. Beck's season, which also included a 20+ catch playoff game, is probably one of the top 5 in Texas high school history regardless of classification. It would be interesting to see who could match those three kid's numbers from around here.

Id throw in PA Memorial 2010 thru 2012. 

What were the stats the PA kids put up, The Crosby kids Ran for 2700 in 13 games, rec for 2100 in 12 games and threw for 4200 in 12 games, that's tough to beat. Thats impressive for old Crosby, think they have finally stepped out of Dayton's shadow in a big way

Austin actually ran for over 2700 in only 12 games, we lost in the second round to Elgin. Had he not been pulled like Tray Williams doesn't get pulled he would have easily surpassed the 3k yard mark, but he probably only played in the second half of 6 games that year. Beck had over 2200 and 124 catches I believe with a 22 catch/320 yard performance in bi-district that year.

WOW so all three of those kids put up those numbers in 12 games!!!! Crosby may be the Per Game Single Season Offensive capital of the world. you cant find anther school in the State and maybe country that has had that kind of production. Walter 225 Rushing yards per game, Haynes 350 Passing yards per game, and Beck 183 Receiving Yards per game. Thats impressive all coming out of 1 school in the past 15-20 years. Hats off to Crosby, no wonder they are getting to the semis these days. 

WOW so all three of those kids put up those numbers in 12 games!!!! Crosby may be the Per Game Single Season Offensive capital of the world. you cant find anther school in the State and maybe country that has had that kind of production. Walter 225 Rushing yards per game, Haynes 350 Passing yards per game, and Beck 183 Receiving Yards per game. Thats impressive all coming out of 1 school in the past 15-20 years. Hats off to Crosby, no wonder they are getting to the semis these days. 

Offense was never an issue, DEFENSE is why they're doing better. 

If you include college and pro careers then you can only include Jamal Charles, Danny Gorer, Red Bryant, and Christine Michael etc. The best schools who pump out the most of those guys hands down in the area is West Brook, West Orange, and PA. If you don't include the pros then you can throw in some of the other kids like Tony Brown, the Franks kids, Beasley, etc. If you say just high school then you can throw in the kids like the ones from Crosby. I like all three arguments, its always fun to compare stats and athletes. 

That's probably the reason Walter doesn't play qb in college but Mike Vick, Steve Young, Kellen Moore, Tim Tebow, Matt Lienart, Chris Simms and Pat White were all southpaws too and had excellent college careers. Sharp being left handed doesn't have anything to do with it, his 3/4 delivery and questionable arm strength is the issue for him. Reed plays on a team with less talent than both and doesn't have the size limitations Walter does and still has been moved to receiver for the time being. The same thing will most likely happen to Jaquet also. The reason those kids don't play qb is because it's just flat out hard to play qb at the FBS level.

Jaquet fits the mold of a QB more so than Walter did. I was never really impressed with Walter but I only saw him a few times (seemed more like a runner)