Best High School Game you've been to??

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros

That wasnt a playoff game? I remember in 92' when PNG beat West Orange finally. West Orange went for two to win the game (before overtime was in high school) but fumbled in the end zone and PNG held on for the one point victory.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few that come to mind for me.

2001 Season: Bridge City at Vidor. Pirates win 24-21 with a field goal in OT.

2002 Season: Orangefield at PN-G. Because of Tropical Storm Fay Huffman cancelled their game with OF and Crosby cancelled their game with PN-G. Bobcats take a 9-0 lead over the Indians into the half, but end up falling 21-15.

2003 Season: Bridge City at Orangefield. The Bobcats only win in the Bayou Bowl Series. Cards lead 14-7 when OF drives the length of the field and scores with 19 seconds left to make it 14-13. Instead of kicking the extra point to send it to OT the Cats choose to go for two and get it to win 15-14.

2004 Season: WO-S at BC. Thriller at Larry Ward Stadium between the Stangs and Cards for the District Championship. Both teams go back and forth trading scores the entire game and end regulation at a 21-21 tie. In OT the Cards get first possession and fumble it away. Stangs score on their possession and win 27-21.

These are just for silsbee....

2004 Silsbee at Jasper- Was a very good game that was going back and forth, Jasper too the lead at halftime but the tigers fought back and the game went into OT. I do beleive the final score was 28-27. (not exactly sure)

1998- Silsbee vs WO-S- 1 round playoff upset for silsbee which eventually lost to state finalist LaMarqe

NON-PLAYOFF game, he said...

WO-S vs. Bay City in 2000: In a pre-district meeting of that years DI 4A state champ and DII 4A state finalist, WO-S wins a defensive battle, handing the Blackcats their only loss of the season, as they finished 14-1. WO-S finished the season 15-1, with the only loss in the finals to Ennis.

PN-G vs. WO-S in 1998: WO-S holds Dustin Long and crew out of the end zone from inside the red as the clock ticks off the final 10 seconds. WO-S hangs on for the win.

Guest JoesBros

I was at that game in 98 Wos I thought DL was going to pull it off just not enough time left of the clock. Still have it on tape like to bring in out every now and then :o

Guest JoesBros

There will always be close playoff games that will be considered "classic" but there's something about those district games that come down to the wire.

Homer game, but the '93 Nederland/Silsbee game was epic in the stat sense. It was back and forth until the final buzzer. Silsbee's Jay McGuire had 424 yards rushing and 6-7 tds along with several long kickoff returns. I have never seen a performance like it before.

Guest JoesBros

Ozen West Brook last year was a classic. Ozen had revenge on their minds after West Brook beat them in overtime the year before. The game went to OT and West Brook scored a TD on there first possesion. Ozen gets the ball and scores on there first play from scrimmage in OT. But West Brook ended up blocking the xtra point and West Brook won. Great game.

Guest GoStangs

That's right... If I remember correctly, you all had two shots against them, though -- once in predistrict and again in the playoffs. I don't remember the predistrict game being very close, but I may be wrong about that. Do you remember what that score was?

im going to have to say that the jasper-gilmer state championship was the best football game i have seen in my 16 years of watching football...it was back and forth and full of exciting plays the whole time...and the fact that jasper came back instead of giving up made it all the better...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder