Best High School Game you've been to??

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2006 "YEE-HA" bowl...Hampshire-Fannet at Hardin Jefferson...coaches decided to have a NCAA style overtime setup...Hardin Jefferson kicked a field goal and was forced to hold the longhorns from scoring to win the game...Hampshire Fannet gets close but the "OLE-HJ" held them four plays on the 1yd line...as the final whistle blew the student section along with the rest of the home stands poured out on to the field....it was an amazing atmosphere

The 2 best games I have seen:

1987 - WO-S vs. Aldine MacArthur

I believe Aldine was #3 in the nation and the Mustangs beat them 6-3 on a late touchdown.  That was an awesome game.

1987 - WO-S vs. Jasper

WO-S kicks a late field goal to win 3-0 after each team had blown FG chances earlier in the game.  Both of those teams had great defenses!!  It was fun to watch!!

I was at that Jasper/WO-S game. I doubt there was 50 yards total offense all night between the two teams. Jasper fumbled deep in their own territory and that was the ball game. The Mustangs were #1 and Jasper #2 in 4A if I remember correctly.

It sure was. That game was the true definition of a slobberknocker. I'm surprised that two of the other great games we played with you guys ('86 quarters 15-21; '90 district 7-13) weren't mentioned. Even though they were both heartbreakers for us Bulldogs, they were great games. It's been a great rivalry, but it seemed a lot more intense in those first few years...

I saw a game at BC, between them and Nederland in 93. Nederland won 28-27 with about :50 left in the game. Nederland had Spell and Cammack, not sure how to spell, Spell had about 270 passing yards. I believe the guy from BC had over 300 passing yards that game.

I think the K-Ville and Barbers Hill game last year was the best i have ever seen. the game was back and forth the whole time and K-Ville was up 21-10 at half time and then Barbers Hill came out of the gates in the 2nd half and went up 24-21 and from then on it was back and forth until the fourth quarter when BH went up by 2 with one minute left. After the kick off K-Ville got the ball on their 10 yard line with 56 seconds left and 1 time left they had Kville had a fourth down and threw a 20 yard pass to get the first and move them down field to the 40 Kville got to the line and ran a quick slant and broke it for about 10 yards and used their timeout with 23 seconds left and on the BH 30 they ran two more plays and got within 30 yards of the field and with 3 seconds left Drew Hazlewood of K-Ville kicked the game winning field goal to win the game 35-34

i dont kno if yall saw kirbyville vs. barbers hill this year but that was a GREAT game. kirbyville went up early but then barbers hill came back and then the score just switched over and over. then with 1:19 left in the fourth, barbers hil was down by 2 and had a fourth down and like 12. they were facing either a fourth down attempt or field goal (they were missing EXTRA POINTS all day long so we had no expectations of them kicking at a 43 yd field goal) . newayz, they lined up to kick everyone thought that they must b doing a fake. then , he kicks it and the ball barely clears the field goal by about 3 inches!!!! on the next kickoff, we got the ball but also got a penalty so we were stuck on like OUR 10 with about :59 left. we got to fourh down and then on a rollout picked up a first down jus a little behind midfield. play happened and then play happened. with :09 pierce told drew to hit him down the right sideline because he burned the safety on the play before. it was a prayer. we were down by 1 point thou!! we had to win. drew dropped and gave everything he had to pass the ball. pierce caught the ball on like barber hills three yd line. he actually crossed tha goal line when he flipped forward but they , the refs, called him down on tha three. drew kicked the winning field goal with time running out and everybody went crazy. we were against all odds but pulled it off. thats when tha biggest guys i'd seen in my life started balling their eyes out. on both sides. one for happiness for winning (kirbyville) and the other for defeat (barbers hill)

That was a good one..

ACCORDING TO CHICO, THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!

Anybody watch the 1st round 1A playoff game in Silsbee this last year when West Sabine played West Hardin. From the beginning of the game to early in the fourth quarter, the Oilers from West Hardin looked out matched by the 3-8 underdogs who had lost all of their games to powerful 2-A teams like hemphill and timpson. When they weren't being out played, they were shooting themselves in the foot, stalling on 3 drives, 2 inside the Tigers' 20. One on a penalty and one on a dropped touchdown pass that was right on the numbers. It was a persuasive 28-0 West Sabine with about 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Out of hope, I suppose,  friend of mine looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said,"stranger things have happenned." But the tigers seemed too disciplined and too fast. With the outcome seemingly certain, I was digging for my keys in my pocket .......and then it happenned. Spurred by an awesome punt return for a TD, West Hardin went on a tear. They got the ball back, and just like that, the sluggish offense comes to life. A routine screen pass goes for 60 yards. He looks at me and says again,"stranger things have happenned!" with a little more confidence. On three quick drives following the punt return, and shutting West Sabine down, despite a blown assignment for a score, it was 34-30 with about a minute left West Hardin set up to kick an onside kick, and there wasn't a single seat that wasn't empty for everyone was on their feet. My buddy yells,"Stranger Things Have Happenned!!". By now, I was a believer.  The kick comes off the tee perfect, and takes its bounce. And after a second that seemed like an eternity an Oiler falls on it. We're all screaming! One ref signals, its Oiler's ball, and we're going nuts!! But then, another ref comes over. He he had a better view. He says an Oiler touched it before it went 10 yards. He had a better seat than I did, so I'm not questioning his call, but it was very debatable from where I sat, to say the least. Lets just say it went 9 1/2 yards. Yes, it was that close. Tiger ball, an they run the clock out. 34-30 West Sabine was the final. I could watch the 4th quarter of that game over and over and not get tired of it. Probably the best ending to a football game, I have ever seen, even though my boys lost, it was an awesome, hard fought finish for both sides.

Guest WeedBegone

i have watched many games through out the years but this year was one i will always remember.

WB vs Channelview.  It is hard to describe how much heart was put into this.  it was definitely a HTBT.

WB was getting smoked for three quarters----and then the game was delayed for about an hour due to lightening and heavy rain.  The game resumed at 11:00 pm.

I saw an unbelievable come back fall short when Channeview pulled it out at the last 2 seconds.  But again, it was the best offensive display i have seen in a long time.

Joe C---take that to Arkansas---and make Beaumont even prouder.

WO-S/Calallen in the 2000 4A DII Semifinals was the best game I've ever seen. One of the state's best defenses in decades versus one of its most powerful running attacks ever. It opened with a 50-yard return and a 50-yard flea flicker for a TD and ended with a miracle reception, juke and run by WRS award winner Jermaine Hope (actually it ended with a pick by WO-S). WO-S's winning drive happened in the last 1:30 of the game. It was by far my favorite.

The Silsbee game mentioned before wasn't "at home." It was at PA Memorial Stadium. It was a heartbreaker - especially after the Stangs had played the Tigers earlier in the season and held them to negative yards.

I believe it was 1999 when the powerhouse WOS lost in the 1st round at home to silsbee because of I missed fieldgoal with a few seconds left!! Tyler Thibodeaux missed the kick..lol

and Tyler Thibodeaux....won three games with last second fieldgoals. LoL

-went to college for free LoL

-was an NAIA freshman all-american LoL

-played Arena football. LoL

- has better things to do than insult people on a forum.

So go put your little headress on and "warrior" around. Maybe oneday you could be afilliated with a winning program.  Thankyou, and have a great day.

and Tyler Thibodeaux....won three games with last second fieldgoals. LoL

-went to college for free LoL

-was an NAIA freshman all-american LoL

-played Arena football. LoL

- has better things to do than insult people on a forum.

So go put your little headress on and "warrior" around. Maybe oneday you could be afilliated with a winning program.  Thankyou, and have a great day.

I knew when I read it, that comment would receive a scathing response.

The WOS / BC game from a few years ago was pretty good. BC came back to force OT, and then had a heartbreaking fumble on the 1st play in OT. That's 2 WOS/BC games that have been great for me. Wish more of them weren't blowouts.

Hood

• 3 months later...
Guest Kelly Football

The best one I have ever coached in was the WO-S vs. Jasper in 1987.  It was the most exciting game I have ever been a part of we won 3-0 with 51 seconds left in the game.  Field goal by Russell Turkel after we had a bad snap earlier.  Everyone was TOTALLY exhausted both physically and mentally after that game....best one I have ever been a part of.

I saw that one as a youngster, one of the best i'd ever seen as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder