Best High School Game you've been to??

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best one I have ever coached in was the WO-S vs. Jasper in 1987. It was the most exciting game I have ever been a part of we won 3-0 with 51 seconds left in the game. Field goal by Russell Turkel after we had a bad snap earlier. Everyone was TOTALLY exhausted both physically and mentally after that game....best one I have ever been a part of.

These are just for silsbee....

2004 Silsbee at Jasper- Was a very good game that was going back and forth' date=' Jasper too the lead at halftime but the tigers fought back and the game went into OT. I do beleive the final score was 28-27. (not exactly sure)

1998- Silsbee vs WO-S- 1 round playoff upset for silsbee which eventually lost to state finalist LaMarqe[/quote']

Ill go with the '04 game.

I think the K-Ville and Barbers Hill game last year was the best i have ever seen. the game was back and forth the whole time and K-Ville was up 21-10 at half time and then Barbers Hill came out of the gates in the 2nd half and went up 24-21 and from then on it was back and forth until the fourth quarter when BH went up by 2 with one minute left. After the kick off K-Ville got the ball on their 10 yard line with 56 seconds left and 1 time left they had Kville had a fourth down and threw a 20 yard pass to get the first and move them down field to the 40 Kville got to the line and ran a quick slant and broke it for about 10 yards and used their timeout with 23 seconds left and on the BH 30 they ran two more plays and got within 30 yards of the field and with 3 seconds left Drew Hazlewood of K-Ville kicked the game winning field goal to win the game 35-34

2004 Regional Semifinal Longview 21 vs Lufkin 31 game @ SFA. Game was a blood bath. Longview fumble the ball 5 times & Lufkin pulled the game out late in the 4th qtr. Longview ran the ball down Lufkin's throat most of the game.

2001 Division II State Semifinals: Lufkin-27 Euless Trinity-23

Trinity raced out to a 20-0 lead at Tyler Rose Stadium shocking the East Texas crowd. The Trojans were in total control until Reggie McNeal toughed out an injury to lead the Panthers to a come-from-behind 27-23 win that went down to the last seconds.

i dont kno if yall saw kirbyville vs. barbers hill this year but that was a GREAT game. kirbyville went up early but then barbers hill came back and then the score just switched over and over. then with 1:19 left in the fourth, barbers hil was down by 2 and had a fourth down and like 12. they were facing either a fourth down attempt or field goal (they were missing EXTRA POINTS all day long so we had no expectations of them kicking at a 43 yd field goal) . newayz, they lined up to kick everyone thought that they must b doing a fake. then , he kicks it and the ball barely clears the field goal by about 3 inches!!!! on the next kickoff, we got the ball but also got a penalty so we were stuck on like OUR 10 with about :59 left. we got to fourh down and then on a rollout picked up a first down jus a little behind midfield. play happened and then play happened. with :09 pierce told drew to hit him down the right sideline because he burned the safety on the play before. it was a prayer. we were down by 1 point thou!! we had to win. drew dropped and gave everything he had to pass the ball. pierce caught the ball on like barber hills three yd line. he actually crossed tha goal line when he flipped forward but they , the refs, called him down on tha three. drew kicked the winning field goal with time running out and everybody went crazy. we were against all odds but pulled it off. thats when tha biggest guys i'd seen in my life started balling their eyes out. on both sides. one for happiness for winning (kirbyville) and the other for defeat (barbers hill)

2 of the best games i ever saw was the 89 wos vs. ned game sheldon smith caught a touchdown pass with 41 seconds left in the fourth quarter.

the most hyped game was also in the 89 season against png. i still to this day have never seen so many fans in mustang stadium. and once again it took fourth quarter heroics to win for the stangs. Sheldon smith caught a long pass with about 6 min. left in the game, and in typical mustang fashion the defense held on for the win. the most memorable definitely was that png game. ive been to many games since 1985 but nothing could compare to the buildup to that game. i don't think they could have fit anymore fans in the stadium not even for standing room.

Guest GoStangs

I was at both those games, 95, and they both were very exciting. That WOS-NED game, though, was one of my favorites. That was a real roller coaster of emotions in the last minute of a game (on both sides of the stadium) that few people, if any, thought was going to be that close.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just over a minute............. left down by 6................ Joe Fontenot throws a fade to James Joseph in the right front corner of the endzone, on the Montaine side of Cardinal Stadium.............catch is made.......TUCHDOWN.........exra point by Keith Konecta (sp) is good............ time runs out on Central and West Brook has just one the first Beaumont Bowl 17-16.......................ahhh that was a good game

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Binding Psychics
    Newest Member
    Love Binding Psychics