2015 Texas Longhorns

king

This is the hidden content, please

I know, I know. Obsession noted

First post in a while though.

Very interesting comments.

Right or wrong, Patterson will be gone soon.

He is trying to run the athletics department from strictly a business standpoint- Al about the bottom line. On one side it is very good. On the flip side it is costing them some loyal donors. 

I know, I know. Obsession noted

First post in a while though.

Very interesting comments.

Saved me some typing ;)

Seriously though, his days are numbered   It just doesn't seem to be in his nature to rub elbows.  You can't be the AD at UT and not pick up the phone or involve the BMDs.  His predecessor was as good a money maker as there is, but Deloss knew how to play the game.  Unfortunately for Patterson, those same guys he manages to keep pissed off are also the BMDs to the Governor, aka his bosses' boss.

Word is those guys have their hearts and wallets set on Jurich now.

I would like to thank SP for what I believe will be a slam dunk basketball hire though.

This stated nothing but what my Texas friends have been saying for the last year.  No Texas Ex that  I know likes and / or wants to keep Patterson.

They all think he is at best hindering and as worst destroying not only the Texas athletic programs but negatively affecting the University as a whole.

From what I have read I tend to agree with them.

Edited by OldTimer

This stated nothing but what my Texas friends have been saying for the last year.  No Texas Ex that  I know likes and / or wants to keep Patterson.

They all think he is at best hindering and as worst destroying not only the Texas athletic programs but negatively affecting the University as a whole.

From what I have read I tend to agree with them.

I think he's a great AD and they should sign him to an extension!!  Your Texas friends are wrong

• 2 weeks later...

@max_olson: Texas has 4 true freshman starters on depth chart: MLB Malik Jefferson, WR John Burt, LT Connor Williams, RG Patrick Vahe

Heard Burt is the real deal

How is McNeal going to catch the first pass if he's 3rd string?

@mikefinger: Texas depth chart.

How is McNeal going to catch the first pass if he's 3rd string?

@mikefinger: Texas depth chart.

Charlie Strong on whether DeAndre McNeal will get the first snap at Notre Dame: "(Laughs)--Was that recruiting talk ? (more laughs)

Charlie Strong on whether DeAndre McNeal will get the first snap at Notre Dame: "(Laughs)--Was that recruiting talk ? (more laughs)

If Swoopes can hit a kid sitting in the stands with a pass, I'm sure he can hit McNeal sitting on the sidelines.