2015 Texas Longhorns

king

Pick a school, stick with them. Thick and thin.

I find it funny when people have a favorite college football team, a different favorite college basketball team and so on.

I guess I am old school. I have one school, one pro city. I consider them my hometown teams.

Silsbee, Texas A&M and Houston.

Tigers, Aggies, Texans, Rockets and Astros.

Bandwagoners = Lame

Ok, off my soapbox. Carry on.

I guess I'm one of those t-shirt fans, Aggie. I didn't go to PNG, but I've paid school taxes there for 30+ years. I never had a UT shirt until my kid enrolled there. Does it count if I bought my shirt from the school bookstore instead of Walmart? My favorite pro team was the Oilers...

I guess I'm one of those t-shirt fans, Aggie. I didn't go to PNG, but I've paid school taxes there for 30+ years. I never had a UT shirt until my kid enrolled there. Does it count if I bought my shirt from the school bookstore instead of Walmart? My favorite pro team was the Oilers...

You've definitely paid for your shirt and then some!  

And don't let these Aggies fool you.  They have plenty of "t shirt" fans, including plenty on this forum.  They just like to complain about UT's because, like always, we are the most popular school in the state.  Jealousy is a powerful thing.  

I've always thought it's an extremely dumb (I.e., Aggie) argument anyway.  Aren't all of us Cowboy fans just tshirt fans?

You've definitely paid for your shirt and then some!  

And don't let these Aggies fool you.  They have plenty of "t shirt" fans, including plenty on this forum.  They just like to complain about UT's because, like always, we are the most popular school in the state.  Jealousy is a powerful thing.  

I've always thought it's an extremely dumb (I.e., Aggie) argument anyway.  Aren't all of us Cowboy fans just tshirt fans?

Ags better hope some of those tshirt fans show up to that new stadium. If not, Walmart also sells black tarpaulins.

Pick a school, stick with them. Thick and thin.

I find it funny when people have a favorite college football team, a different favorite college basketball team and so on.

I guess I am old school. I have one school, one pro city. I consider them my hometown teams.

Silsbee, Texas A&M and Houston.

Tigers, Aggies, Texans, Rockets and Astros.

Bandwagoners = Lame

Ok, off my soapbox. Carry on.

I would like to announce I am officially on the Newton bandwagon for football and Big Sandy for basketball.  I have a soft spot for small schools; both schools have awesome fans/communities; and I enjoy the way each team always plays.  I will be purchasing a t-shirt for each school as well (I want to officially be a t-shirt fan).  If any of you Eagles or Wildcats know where I can find one, much obliged.  

I would like to announce I am officially on the Newton bandwagon for football and Big Sandy for basketball.  I have a soft spot for small schools; both schools have awesome fans/communities; and I enjoy the way each team always plays.  I will be purchasing a t-shirt for each school as well (I want to officially be a t-shirt fan).  If any of you Eagles or Wildcats know where I can find one, much obliged.  

I hear Walmart carries t-shirts.

Edited by GCMPats2

I cheer for all of the local teams come playoff time.  Nederland grad so they are my team that I follow. 

Nederland- All sports

A&M- All sports

Cowboys, Rockets, and Astros in the pros

I will root for other teams like the Texans, but it's no big deal to me if they lose.  I usually just hope to see good,close games and I like to see upsets and chaos in the college polls.  Buddy and I are pretty good at starting upset threads every Saturday during the season.

If Nederland, A&M, or the Cowboys lose, I'm not in a good mood.  Other teams, I could care less.  

I root for the Giants, Eagles, and Redskins to lose every game.  I root for the SEC teams to win non conference and the top SEC teams to stay unbeaten until they play A&M.  With the system in place in college football the only way to stay ranked at the top is to beat the best teams.  Schedule doesn't matter in the NFL, but it does in College.  Just ask Baylor and TCU.  

I also root for my fantasy guys to do put up numbers.  That makes it tough when they are playing Dallas. I'm still pissed at Andrew Luck for bombing week 15 last year and costing me $1000 in my Super Bowl.  I may not even draft him again this year. 

I'm with you on all of that.  I always want all SETX teams to do well.  Root on a lot of teams because of kids I know too.  I do like the smaller communities though.  Evadale is another high on my list.  Love Newton folks.  And I got hooked on Big Sandy last year after a tip from AAW.  

​Big Sandy is AAW favorite hs bball team other than Silsbee…… the irony. 

​Big Sandy is AAW favorite hs bball team other than Silsbee…… the irony. 

​True and if they ever were to play each other, I want Silsbee to win significantly.

My earlier point was mostly about college and pro. My mistake for not clarifying that point.

I only own Silsbee, Texas A&M and Houston pro sports apparel. Those are who I choose to support from a money stand point.

I want all our local high schools to be successful. I think I have shown that feeling over these past several years.

BTW, I think the comparison of high school and the college/pro teams are a bit skewed. Not a fair comparison.

Example, I can pull for and support Big Sandy and Newton to win state championships because I know that it would not effect my Tigers due to them not being in the same classification. Not the same with college and pro.

​True and if they ever were to play each other, I want Silsbee to win significantly.

My earlier point was mostly about college and pro. My mistake for not clarifying that point.

I only own Silsbee, Texas A&M and Houston pro sports apparel. Those are who I choose to support from a money stand point.

I want all our local high schools to be successful. I think I have shown that feeling over these past several years.

BTW, I think the comparison of high school and the college/pro teams are a bit skewed. Not a fair comparison.

Example, I can pull for and support Big Sandy and Newton to win state championships because I know that it would not effect my Tigers due to them not being in the same classification. Not the same with college and pro.

​oh ok. So I take it you understand my views as far as the college schools I root for and that I have in detailed explained every yr it seems on this board. Thx. 

​oh ok. So I take it you understand my views as far as the college schools I root for and that I have in detailed explained every yr it seems on this board. Thx. 

​Not really. Arkie football, Kentucky basketball, not the same.

Like I said, one college = all sports. But that's just me being quirky.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

So evidently Steve Patterson went after ShaggyBevo and made them change their name after 9 years.  It's like he's trying to get ran out of town as fast as possible.  

This is the hidden content, please

He will be rooting for the football team harder than anyone in the country.  He will be the sacrificial lamb much quicker than Charlie.  His leash is about the length of toothpick right now.  

He has burned so many bridges the BMDs are looking for any reason to send him packing.  He so badly wants to be the rain maker that DeLoss was (or surpass him) but is trying to do it in the most asinine ways.  And has none of the PR skills DeLoss had, if not with outsiders certainly with the money guys. 

Unfortunately for Patterson, the same guys that have developed an almost hatred for him, are the same guys who line the Governor's pockets at election time.  

I would bet barring an absolute shocking improvement on the gridiron, he won't be in Austin more than another year.  I would, however, like to thank him for what I believe will be a home run hire in basketball.  That seems to be the one facet of his job in which he had a clue.  

@Horns247: BREAKING: #Texas #Longhorns OL arrested

@Horns247: Texas WR signee GIlbert Johnson won't be on campus this year: