James Eagan Holmes

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Unfortunately (or fortunately in many issues) this is not 1965 where we could bring cap guns to school and play cowboys and Indians or cops and robbers on the playground at recess and it was thought of as healthy play time. 

Back then we did not have to worry about nor could we likely have conceived an issue with gang violence, carjacking, home invasion robberies, drive by shootings or mass school shooting perpetrated by children. 

What we could not in our wildest dreams think of in 1965 is a reality today. That is the world we live in. We need to teach children and everyone else that if you are in a location that it is likely dangerous to wave a real gun around, it is probably not a good idea to wave a real looking toy or BB/paint ball/airsoft gun around. 

Its the gangster lifestyle so many think is cool!

He was pointing it around corners like he was using grocery aisles for cover and waving it around. He was doing so while standing in one location. It wasn't like he was shopping and going about his business like a normal shopper. All of that can be seen on the store video.

Waving a gun around in the public is not conducive to a good outcome whether the gun is real or not.

Let's say that in that situation the guy was never shot by the police. Let's say that they pointed their guns at him just in case but recognized at the last second that it was a toy. Or maybe he saw them coming and put it down. The fact that the police have to come in with guns drawn because citizens are calling the police is an indication that you were doing something that probably is not wise.

not all of the time when you are black. Tvc, you are a cop. What happened to freeze put the gun down or disabling the victim by shooting them in the leg, arm etc.

not all of the time when you are black. Tvc, you are a cop. What happened to freeze put the gun down or disabling the victim by shooting them in the leg, arm etc.

It has been said by many, including TVC, they are not trained to shoot them in the leg.

Now, what would really be cool if they were trained to shoot the gun or knife out of their hands.... I have seen Roy Rogers AND John Wayne do it, so I know it CAN be done.....

What happened to shooting in the leg or arm is that it never existed except in movies.

It has been said by many, including TVC, they are not trained to shoot them in the leg.

Now, what would really be cool if they were trained to shoot the gun or knife out of their hands.... I have seen Roy Rogers AND John Wayne do it, so I know it CAN be done.....

my best friend's husband, as well as, my neighbor are cops and said they have been trained to disable the perpetrator.

Some are trained differently than others. To think otherwise is foolish IMO.

I have never heard of going for a limb to "disable" someone when you are in fear of your life.....it's called deadly force for a reason.....and even if you did hit the leg or arm. It would still be considered deadly force.....

Right TVC?

I have never heard of going for a limb to "disable" someone when you are in fear of your life.....it's called deadly force for a reason.....and even if you did hit the leg or arm. It would still be considered deadly force.....

Right TVC?

Well ive been personally told by cops ive known that not all are trained the same overall. I have no reason to discredit what they told me. (Since you quoted my post thats my response  B) )

Right TVC?

It is complete nonsense. I spent 10 years on SWAT and have train with Army Rangers, Navy SEALS and Coast Guard law enforcement and have never heard disabling shots as a firearms use of force option. There are times when you do not shoot center mass or head shots and that is only when you cannot see the more vital targets. In other words if s guy is behind a brick wall and only exposes his leg, then you try to take that out and make him fall. Watch the North Hollywood shootout with LAPD SWAT at the end. The suspect was behind a vehicle so the officers bounced rounds off of the ground under the vehicle and took out his feet because that was the only target. Well he fell they then killed him.

Disabling is possible with a sniper rifle under very limited circumstances but not for handgun ranges such as patrolmen face.

If you resist, stuff can happen. I saw a case where a man ran from the cops, wasn't wearing a belt, and reached down to pull his pants up, and was shot because to multiple officers it appeared he was reaching for a gun. He didn't have a gun, and it was a tragic event, but he wasn't "killed for resisting". He was killed because he put officers in a situation where they had to make what they believed at the time to be a life or death situation. You often hear people say "someone shouldn't be killed for resisting." They're not being killed because they resisted, but their resistance HAS lead to their death. Had they complied with officers, whether the officers were right OR wrong in arresting them, not one of them would've died.

that is ridiculous

Its alot of folks I know in law enforcement that have specifically told me they're in it because of the power it gives them. I dont wish those type of folks any luck in life. Its pathetic.

some of these cops are scary punks. "He has a gun go for the kill shot instead of disabling him" oops, he was not armed, my bad.

some of these cops are scary punks. "He has a gun go for the kill shot instead of disabling him" oops, he was not armed, my bad.

hypothetical for you: there's a man chasing your son, trying to shoot him. a police officer has an opportunity to "disable him" or shoot to kill (really it's shoot to stop the threat, but whatever). Do you want the officer to try a more difficult shot on the suspect and try to "disable him", despite the fact that they are more likely to miss, and even if they hit him he still might be able to shoot your son? Or would you rather them shoot him center mass, where they're much more likely to hit him, but also much more likely to kill him?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/three-cops-a-17-year-old-and-a-cry-for-help-why-did-kristiana-coignard-die/ar-AA8GDtD?ocid=iehp

white and female. made a threatening move towards officers, and was shot by 3 of them. just saying.

Thug had mental health issues, im not surprised. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/three-cops-a-17-year-old-and-a-cry-for-help-why-did-kristiana-coignard-die/ar-AA8GDtD?ocid=iehp

white and female. made a threatening move towards officers, and was shot by 3 of them. just saying.

It probably did not really happen and was photoshopped to throw up a smoke screen.