how does your team look for 2015

You go ahead and make that prediction about your Cougars but my prediction is crosby goes div 1 next year and doesn't get out of the 3rd round

Well CPFOREVER, my prediction for PNG is that they go 7-3 and take yet another first round L to whoever they face from 21-5A. There's a lot more likely chance of that happening than Crosby playing D1 which would mean that only 1 team out of King, Kingwood Park, Humble and New Caney get in. Only Dayton and BH are smaller than Crosby in our district. Even if Crosby were to go D1 it would be the second round game against a George Ranch or Angleton would be the only thing stopping Code Red from winning the region again unless Manor gets rolling again. Just be prepared to get another 50 dropped on your Indians in bi-district CPFOREVER, just be prepared.

I think we should rename PNG's opening round game to the 21-5A track meet, then again, the track team probably doesn't give up as many yards as PNG does.

If you look at what Crosby has coming back and what they are adding all signs point to another good year. The thing that runs people the wrong way is COOG just doesn't sugar coat anything. I say it like this, PNG may put up 49 every game, but when you give up 50, it doesn't matter. You have to be able to stop somebody. When you have to play mistake free on one side of the ball, it normally doesn't turn out good. Also, you guys(PNG) have gotten drilled recently in the playoffs. New year, hopefully you get a good matchup in the 1st round this year(not Crosby or CE King).

Newton will reload. Have about 3 key positions to fill. One of those is QB. Newton had two players last year that were lost during the first scrimmage that are in rehab and should be back next year. Newton has some exceptionally good players on the 8th grade team that are coming up in a few years. Newton will have a tough schedule starting out but will get better as the year goes on. Should be ready for anything their district can throw at them. Should make a 2 or 3 deep playoff run.

Keep running your trap!!!!

Unless you can produce an argument that disputes anything I'm saying, I most certainly will. Y'all's last four opportunities to play a team from our district led to being slaughtered 3 times and getting 56 hung on you the most recent meeting. Fact of the matter is that if PNG was in 21-5A they wouldn't have even made the playoffs the last couple of years so instead of being salty just be thankful that you get to play across the river.

Oh wait, does Dayton have Channelview on their schedule again? If so 7-3, maybe 6-4.

come on 6-4. What's that say for a team that took over time to beat dayton at home and gave up over 500 yds offense. Crosby got hot and I commend them but let's not forget they won 4 regular season games by a td or less. Crosby will be good but dayton will just be better this year IMO.

I think Dayton will finish 9-1 with King being the game that concerns me. Can't wait for Friday night football again.

That's pretty high expectations for next year's squad. I know you're optimistic cause your boy will be on varsity but Dayton losing Keener, McBride, Baughmann AND Chambers is going to hurt even more than Crosby losing the Twins. All Dayton returns on offense is the few yards Styner rushed for, Crosby returns over 4000 yards of offense. I know Dayton was high on their JV but Crosby beat them too. Dayton will probably lose at least two district games to Crosby and King just because they don't matchup well with the running games those teams will bring.

Crosby was able to mitigate the loss of the Twins and Raelon because we brought a serious defense to the table, Dayton was good last year because of their potent offense but I don't think that offense will be the same, at least I know ours wasn't. Dayton might return a lot of starters on the line and on defense but the linemen will be negated due to the fact Dayton won't line up and run it at you anyway. If you want to hang the hat on the defense I think Dayton is in even more trouble, it would be hard to go from worst to first defensively plus there's no physicality in the front seven. That won't bode well when you face a senior Jalen Hurts, a senior Tray Williams, older backs from Crosby and I'll even throw in Terio Brown from Humble who's one of the top backs in the state for the 17's. We'll see though Pride, we'll see.

Yes, I see PNG as a first round knock out. Maybe Ned too.

They are good people and their kids are pretty good HS players but the purple colored glasses they see out of blow me away.

Ie. Giblin is good -- I guess but only played a couple of games. Sullivan is pretty good too as is the QB

But contrast those 2 or 3 with the Houston area teams and the PNGs and Nederlands of the world are light years away from the Aldeos, etc...

That's pretty high expectations for next year's squad. I know you're optimistic cause your boy will be on varsity but Dayton losing Keener, McBride, Baughmann AND Chambers is going to hurt even more than Crosby losing the Twins. All Dayton returns on offense is the few yards Styner rushed for, Crosby returns over 4000 yards of offense. I know Dayton was high on their JV but Crosby beat them too. Dayton will probably lose at least two district games to Crosby and King just because they don't matchup well with the running games those teams will bring.

Crosby was able to mitigate the loss of the Twins and Raelon because we brought a serious defense to the table, Dayton was good last year because of their potent offense but I don't think that offense will be the same, at least I know ours wasn't. Dayton might return a lot of starters on the line and on defense but the linemen will be negated due to the fact Dayton won't line up and run it at you anyway. If you want to hang the hat on the defense I think Dayton is in even more trouble, it would be hard to go from worst to first defensively plus there's no physicality in the front seven. That won't bode well when you face a senior Jalen Hurts, a senior Tray Williams, older backs from Crosby and I'll even throw in Terio Brown from Humble who's one of the top backs in the state for the 17's. We'll see though Pride, we'll see.

dayton has a kid back that you were very high on and another kid that was not able to play varsity because he was a move in. Dayton also returns 7 starters on offense which include the entire oline. Dayton will run the ball more this year and in the playoffs Styner and Moore averaged around 15 yds a carry but just didn't get many touches. Not going to knock a kid on here but you only mentioned 2 kids that will not be replaced easily.

come on 6-4. What's that say for a team that took over time to beat dayton at home and gave up over 500 yds offense. Crosby got hot and I commend them but let's not forget they won 4 regular season games by a td or less. Crosby will be good but dayton will just be better this year IMO.

Doesn't matter the records in Rivalry games. Dayton will always play Crosby tough. COOG02 could prob say better what they have coming back, but I have heard the Oline might be even better this year, now the RB's are Jr. and So. and the QB will be a senior. D line is the question mark I believe. They will be just fine and winning close games gets you more prepared for a run in post season than blowouts. They didn't win by luck, they made plays. Balance on both sides of the ball, that's the key.

dayton has a kid back that you were very high on and another kid that was not able to play varsity because he was a move in. Dayton also returns 7 starters on offense which include the entire oline. Dayton will run the ball more this year and in the playoffs Styner and Moore averaged around 15 yds a carry but just didn't get many touches. Not going to knock a kid on here but you only mentioned 2 kids that will not be replaced easily.

I know what you mean, but is the kid that will replace him really any better? I'm extremely high on the player coming up from the JV but will but how much help does he honestly have on the defensive side of the ball which is most likely where he'll be recruited at? What will happen is that he'll end up going both ways like Styner most likely will and just get worn down like Keener and sometimes McBride did. You can't play as many kids both ways as Dayton does in this physical of a district. Dayton will only be as good as their defense this year and that's probably the biggest question mark in the district this year. . . . That, and what excuse BH will come up with for their perpetual 5th place finish.

I know what you mean, but is the kid that will replace him really any better? I'm extremely high on the player coming up from the JV but will but how much help does he honestly have on the defensive side of the ball which is most likely where he'll be recruited at? What will happen is that he'll end up going both ways like Styner most likely will and just get worn down like Keener and sometimes McBride did. You can't play as many kids both ways as Dayton does in this physical of a district. Dayton will only be as good as their defense this year and that's probably the biggest question mark in the district this year. . . . That, and what excuse BH will come up with for their perpetual 5th place finish.

im not talking about Tyrus although I do believe he can be special if he has the right work ethic.

Dayt better not lose to Crosby 3 straight,grabs family bucket popcorn :D

Going to be tough to win in Dayton this year but I don't suspect the kids will any trouble with motivation that week. Last six games are 3-3 with 3 blowouts and 3 tight ones. This will be Crosby's only tough district game on the road next year which sets up great for Crosby to make another run. Crosby gets Angleton, Humble, KP, New Caney AND King at home next year. I just hope this one is another classic, last year's game was the game of the week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHg9QvZAg8