*STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD*/Post updates here

If AAW agrees with me then I must be on to something :)

It's when BG agrees with you when you take the next step. He's only person on this site that has seen more & knows more about state wide ball at all levels. Only person to see more games than me, lol.

Gotcha. Guess I didn't see it.

Well...maybe so. I still say having to weave thru region 2 (east Tx) is quite an accomplishment. Surely I don't have to remind you how I feel about ETx football..

A heck of an accomplishment! But region 3 in this classification is as stacked as any region in any classification in the state. In Dave Campbell's final rankings, region 3 had 6 of the top 10, and Yoe WAS NOT one of them.

If AAW agrees with me then I must be on to something :)

I'm not disagreeing with either of you. I'm just saying I refuse to believe that a team in the title game would do nothing in region 3. Top to bottom I think Reg 3 was more competitive. But not 5 playoff wins more competitive. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I'm not disagreeing with either of you. I'm just saying I refuse to believe that a team in the title game would do nothing in region 3. Top to bottom I think Reg 3 was more competitive. But not 5 playoff wins more competitive. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Looking at the realistic possibilities, if they're in district 11 or 12 they almost certainly lose their first round matchup. If you stick them in 9 or 10, they possibly finish high enough to get a winnable 1st round game, before losing their 2nd.

Pretty neat to see the HJ Hawks legendary coach 1991 state champ coach that led the Hawks to 37-1 record and a title out there in the middle of the field congratulating these young men at all levels.

Isn't the Doc from Buna?

Some teams cant get out the 3rd round , but you have a schools team that goes to state 4 years in a row and wins it 4 years in a row !! Man that is a serious accomplishment. They actually have a video on youtube about it . I really wish a lot of the schools teams would have websites that chronicles their past teams players ,coaches and accomplishments with pictures and newspaper articles . I asked on here fid WOS have something like that but i never got an answer .