WO-S vs Gilmer

WOS96

GILMER DOSE HAVE A VERY LARGE OL AND THERE BLOCKING SKILLS ARE VERY GOOD ,BUT ONE OF THE SLOWER OLS THE MUSTANGS HAVE SEEN THIS YEAR.AS IT WAS SAID GILMER GET AWAY WITH A LOT OF HOLDING AGNEST FASTER TEAMS WITH FAST DEFENSE .GILMER IS VERY SOFT ON DEFENSE IN THE MIDDLE AND THE CORNERS ON DEFENSE. --------------------MORE TO COME LATER

This may be one of the worst assements of our team I have ever seen. We have not one but 2 Army All Americans playing corner. Our lines are not big but they are very fast to the ball. The offense is multifaceted and hard to stop......but our defense, which never gets any credit, is what got us where we are.

Gilmer looks very good. Will and DT and the rest of the DB's will bottle up that long ball stuff. Would like to have seen how they would do against a Lamarque or Lagrange. Celina looked very soft. If WOS comes out fired up like they did against Lamarque , look out Gilmer it will be a tough afternoon.  This should be a very good football game.

This is going to be a great game to watch. Each team is loaded with talent. I find it amusing to read the comments attempting to diminish the accomplishments of Gilmer en-route to this game. Gilmer has been winning state championships for the last decade and playing in the undebatable toughest district/area in the state over the course of that time span. Celina is a very good team with MANY state championships in the past 15 years. Celina has a very good defense loaded with talent. They were run off the field by Gilmer.

Gilmer will enter this game with no expectation that they may lose and they will fully expect to win. They will not see anything in the film that will make them scared or fearful of the outcome. This will be an interesting match up with two of the most talented teams in the state. 

This is a chance for WOS to make a statement and join the ranks of Gilmer and the power programs of the state. Gilmer is the favorite but no one will be surprised if WOS wins the game.  

Make no mistake, Gilmer will be the best team we've faced. They have a fast paced offense and we have to be ready to get to top speed defensively from the first snap. They thrive on jumping on people and taking them out of the game early. We cannot turn the ball over and we must keep them contained. We also must be wide open on offense, they are going to score so we must do the same. That being said, if we can stave off the early barrage and settle in, I believe the Mustangs will prevail. I believe we win the second half and the game.

This is going to be a great game to watch. Each team is loaded with talent. I find it amusing to read the comments attempting to diminish the accomplishments of Gilmer en-route to this game. Gilmer has been winning state championships for the last decade and playing in the undebatable toughest district/area in the state over the course of that time span. Celina is a very good team with MANY state championships in the past 15 years. Celina has a very good defense loaded with talent. They were run off the field by Gilmer.

Gilmer will enter this game with no expectation that they may lose and they will fully expect to win. They will not see anything in the film that will make them scared or fearful of the outcome. This will be an interesting match up with two of the most talented teams in the state.

This is a chance for WOS to make a statement and join the ranks of Gilmer and the power programs of the state. Gilmer is the favorite but no one will be surprised if WOS wins the game.

I don't disagree with this one bit. There is nothing wos is going to do that will scare or intimidate us. We will line up and play.....and we know we will get the same from the Mustangs in return

This is going to be a great game to watch. Each team is loaded with talent. I find it amusing to read the comments attempting to diminish the accomplishments of Gilmer en-route to this game. Gilmer has been winning state championships for the last decade and playing in the undebatable toughest district/area in the state over the course of that time span. Celina is a very good team with MANY state championships in the past 15 years. Celina has a very good defense loaded with talent. They were run off the field by Gilmer.

Gilmer will enter this game with no expectation that they may lose and they will fully expect to win. They will not see anything in the film that will make them scared or fearful of the outcome. This will be an interesting match up with two of the most talented teams in the state.

This is a chance for WOS to make a statement and join the ranks of Gilmer and the power programs of the state. Gilmer is the favorite but no one will be surprised if WOS wins the game.

Where is someone diminishing their accomplishments? We know what they have done in the past . We also know that they have put up a lot of points this season. That's all fine and dandy but that isn't going to make us miss the bus to Dallas. I'm happy that they won't be worried about us or expect to blow us out. That's perfectly fine because we will still GO MEET 'EM.

GILMER IS #1 IN THE STATE AND HAS SOME SUPER KIDS .FRIDAY NIGHT A VERY GOOD CELINA TEAM shot them self in the foot most of the night just ask there fans.AFTER GILMER GOT THE BIG LED IT WAS EASY FOR THEM BECOUSE ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS TO PLAY PASS DEFENSE THAT WAS EASY TO SEE

ALL NIGHT LONG GILMERS QB HAD NO PRESSER PUT ON HIM SO IT WAS EASY PICKINGS FOR HIM ALL NIGHT

There have been multiple/many comments diminishing Gilmer's wins. Most recently: 1. Celina doesn't have a defense 2. Celina seems slow. 3. Gilmer's OL is slow. 4. Gilmer hasn't faced a defense like WOS all year. 5. Tatum wasn't very good. 6. Carthage was down. 7. Gilmer's QB is not as good as Sinton 8. They have not played anyone with WOS speed. 9. After seeing who Gilmer played, they really haven't beat anybody. To name a few.

There have been multiple/many comments diminishing Gilmer's wins. Most recently: 1. Celina doesn't have a defense 2. Celina seems slow. 3. Gilmer's OL is slow. 4. Gilmer hasn't faced a defense like WOS all year. 5. Tatum wasn't very good. 6. Carthage was down. 7. Gilmer's QB is not as good as Sinton 8. They have not played anyone with WOS speed. 9. After seeing who Gilmer played, they really haven't beat anybody. To name a few.

I think 4 and 8 are probably true. And I don't see how they diminish any win.

PLAYED (ONLY TWO) TEAMS WITH OVER 5 WINDS

This may be one of the worst assements of our team I have ever seen. We have not one but 2 Army All Americans playing corner. Our lines are not big but they are very fast to the ball. The offense is multifaceted and hard to stop......but our defense, which never gets any credit, is what got us where we are.

aussieman, you guys have your "buckeyebob" and WO-S has it's "skipper"...know what I mean?

Im so tired of people saying teams hasnt played anyone up to this point . The teams can only play who is in front of them . Hell they had to play someone because both teams are in the 6th game which means they beat 5 teams to get to jerry's world . i dont see how wos are underdogs they beat whoever was in front of them , gilmer has beat whoever was in front of them . Sinton is at home and so is celina . Both teams are history!!! Gilmer and Wos are 5-0 with one game left for all the marbles thats all that counts . Everything else are opinions and we all know the sayinh opinions are like ... you know the rest . Cant wait till the game it should be a jim dandy !!

Gilmer is in the State Finals and has only played "two teams with over 5 winds". Is a "wind" anything like a "win"? Name the only two teams with more than "5 winds". Nine of the teams they played have more than 5 wins.

I just finished looking at the Video from the Gilmer and Celina, Semi-game. One way that I see how WOS will compete against teams in games, is to observe what their next opponent (Gilmer) and their competition (Celina) did not do during their game. Celina has always been a powerhouse for years, but they have not been the team that they were a decade ago. IMO Celina made a few plays, e.g. hitting the QB, and RB for loses, and then they backed off. I believe that Celina’s size and conditioning was their down fall. I’m not saying that Gilmer’s QB is not very good, but he is not better than Sinton’s QB, who was the best we have faced this season. Celina’s big defense was out ran, and run down after the 2nd and 3rd quarters, that will not happen Gilmer with WOS. Turnovers, was major against Celina. Therefore, the outcome of the Gilmer’s win is based on the mistakes that Celina did to allow Gilmer to capitalize by running up the score.  Skip, this one is for you. I believe WOS will “winds” this one.

Turnovers are definitely an issue. When teams play superior opponents and get hit in the mouth they start to turn the ball over. It is almost guaranteed that the losing team will have more turnovers in nearly every football game played.